Change Log

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

We don't have to organize anything. Each participating clan needs to organize 10 guys or they will forfeit that match.

Because I created it and organized it.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Because he took the initiate in organising and promoting it. I hardly think you can question his motives.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol.. i havent the rite to question the all mighty leage commish! sounds like pro wrestlin

nah im just saying you got this tag but you dont do anything.. you just created it.. my point is to dizzy.. he says its wrong to be commish and in a clan.. but you dont do anything.. there for you dont matter

4. Valiant

Valiant Member

Is jpl even remotely organized? It's not that hard to gather 10 people when you know what their time zones are, and if you give them a few days warning.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It basicly means as a participant of this league you need to hope every single person involved with the league is an honest and unbiased person, as there are no rules set up for themselves, not a single one.

Examples:

Eth0 is server admin, he is allowed to turn on cheats and noclip, just because its fun.

Rampant is administrator and clanner, he is allowed to ban people from the league forum without the ban having anything to do with the league.

Any of the referees are able to give a bias to disputes.

And theres more, this is why there need to be rules on this, yet you guys are thinking none of this will happen, yet already 2 of the 3 I have mentioned already have happened (if eth0 indeed hosts a league server). The third hasnt happened yet as there have never been any cases of someone refereeing.

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I have no idea what you are talking about. Please explain. I do plenty

7. Valiant

Valiant Member

uh.. dizzy, the above has nothing to do with why evan is head of the league.

8. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Eth0 is not a server admin. Freaks Unleashed in the league server

9. dizzyone

I didn't say it was wrong, it was just an observation. I'm sure evan isn't the guy thats going to cause any problems, but it needs to be noted to show how its not very transparant what is exactly going on. All participants need to be in the know of this whole organisation, yet there is nothing setup for the league to grow.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

we have lives we need to put first before a game.. we might have more then 10 people ready or we might have like 5.. i dunno yet.. we dont have a date or time.. and we dont know how long the match will last..

your not doing things that can affect the outcome to a match.. but if you want to disagree with that and say your job in the league gives CW and advantage then go ahead

edit: i cant wait to play oasis.. the greatest map ever

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  11. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Agreed. We will try to outline more info on the site.

Until then, any future participants can ask us questions on the league forum

12. dizzyone

A few minutes ago you said eth0 may host a league server. Besides what if freaks unleashed guy gets involved in the community and starts hating people, hes admin and can ban whoever he likes.

I'm not going to discuss in circles with you, I've gave you clear points why these rules are required. From all these posts you have selectively picked out a few things to comment on and left every other point alone.

13. Valiant

Valiant Member

Ah, dubee, by jub jub, do you mean

A: A sugar coated gelatine candy in fruity flavor

B: a stupid person
    or

C: another name for a bath tub?
    Edit: ah, nice ninja edit thar dubee.

14. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

These people I am asking to host servers will then give admin access to the league officials. So, de facto, the servers will be hosted by the league

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I just want to say

the more I think about it the MORE important it is that the league is included on the features section for all to see. why? because for everyone viewing this that is already in a clan outside of empires, they are IMIDIATELY going to see that this is a perfect game to pull their clan into, with an organsed and professional and interesting clan based area for them to instantly get into. When you all first played Team Fortress 2 from the orange box (or Fortress forever if you're butter lobster) then did you think "hey this would be a great thing to get my clan into!"... no? because most people are going to see this as another small free aside completely seperate from whatever they do with their clan.

summary: really good to have league on features page: will encorage people to bring their clans to empires.

16. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

I don't even know why this is such a big deal to all of you. Whether its on the list or not doesn't matter at all. Its not like its going to do any harm to the mod or its future popularity. Now, if you want to argue about how the league is going to work, you should do that in a different place than here. I think the more features, the better.

17. Valiant

Valiant Member

Perhaps you should be asking the one that derailed the thread in the first place

18. dizzyone

I apologize for bringing it up in the wrong thread, however I do feel the need to bring it up, as I always do. Lots of things could come out of this and 2 of my main points to argue its entry on that page (listed before something more important imo) is drama caused by it and it being a ridiculous claim to make. You can read my points if you want to know why I think its a ridiculous claim to make. Its not a real season.

I am more than happy to give you real life examples of my points, but since evan is so sure of his cause he didn't seem very interested in hearing any, so guess we'll let it rest till 2.0 and see what happens.

19. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

That is an understatement. I own that webspace. Furthermore, I hosted KEU under the restriction it not go public while using my personal domain name, which is used for a website which is meant to be professional.

Has no relevance to the ban.

Evan seems none too happy with the ban. The only reason I'm allowed is that I own the webspace, and my personal interests are involved.

Yes, it did. He fucked with my domain, I banned him. Even if I use an htaccess IP ban, he'll (simon. Or Avair. Pick whichever asshat you want me to be referring to) be banned from the league site, due to the nature of the hosting. Simple apologies to involved people are the solution.

Easy solution, I think. That is, unless one's oversized ego won't let them do something so humbling as to apologize to someone in public.

20. Valiant

Valiant Member

You do realize that you were the one who created the mass storm of drama, right? And honestly, the tone of your posts is appalling. While Evan's seems cool and light headed, yours take on the form of inane hatred. Your posts sound like a scorned 7 year old who didn't get his way, and honestly, it's quite pathetic. And another thing, how do real life examples fit into something that goes beyond the boundaries of real life? I'm fairly certain that a risk-like archetype for a multilayer game does not have allot of real world comparisons.