Sooo...Team Fortess

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arklansman, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

can you still feign death as a spy? that was my favorite thing... ever.

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

You cannot. Ragdolls killed feigning for all Source-based games :( That's why FF doesn't have it either.

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

feigning has been replaced with the cloak. you can cloak which makes death noise and drops a corpse, or cloak silently which just cloaks you. also, SG's dont give a shit what your disguised as, if your cloaked you get shot.

4. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Not anymore. Which is why I hate spies so much. No one can see through them, if they are in disguise (Unless of course you see yourself, which I have a few times now...)

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Pyros are the best at finding spies, just fire your flamethrower at your supposed allies and watch who burns (unless ff is on).

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

if friendly fire is on, use a medic. you can heal enemies ;)

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

That's FF. TF2 doesn't feign death.

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i never said Tf2 does feign death. it uses the cloak, like FF

9. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

TF2 doesn't drop a corpse.

10. Chahk

Chahk Member

How will that reveal the Spy?

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

if their enemy, the med kit will infect them

12. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Killx, TF2 doesn't have infection.

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

just when i thgouht they fucked up tf2 enough. it doesnt deserve to be called team Fortress 2. it may be a good game, bu theirs no way in hell its loyal to what Fortress is.

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

IA TF2 server with FF on is an empty TF2 server. I have yet to see FF.

Killx left the 't off.

15. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

So what? Its a good game. Since when does there need to be conformity to what is old? Game evolution is good. As is change. If I want the same old thing, I'll play TF1.

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i realize that rampant android. what i mean is that this is not a TRUE fortress game. i'm all for improvements, like Fortress Forever, but as far as i can tell TF2 is not a TRUE fortress game.

17. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Team Fortress Classic had problems. The medic was never intended to be a conc jumping whore, he was supposed to heal people. TF2 makes him heal, and the team that has a medic or two is more likely to beat a team without medics. In TFC, you just needed 1 fucking player who decided to waste his time learning to conc jump, and he could steal and capture the flags so fast you couldn't land one shot on him before he was gone. On dustbowl, the medic could conc jump his way across the "last stand" area for red team, and cap the point before a sentry gun could fire a single shot at him. You can't call that a TEAM game. The medic is supposed to be a medic, not fucking superman. TF2 made the game more about TEAMwork, and not about one fucking guy who has memorized the exact priming times of grenades to move at great speeds.

Anyways, point here is that these things that you think define Team Fortress that were changed in TF2 are simply game flaws that were exploited heavily. TFC was made to have people play as a team, and game flaws like the conc jumping medic ruined it. If you like flaws, go play Empires 1.0

EDIT: also, minor changes don't make the game suddenly not Team Fortress, like with the medics and infecting

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  18. arklansman

arklansman Member

Yeah, what kind of stupid game has medics that heal? :rolleyes:

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

So I guess the fact that the same two people who made QWTF and TFC having made TF2 isn't enough to make TF2 a true fortress game? It's their series, and they can do with it whatever they want.

20. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Jcw87 there is nothing wrong with conc jumping especially on dustbowl. You don't have concs at the last stage and it's pretty easy to stop medics from conc jumping at earlier stages. Maps like dustbowl are far too fast paced to use any medics in attackers team. Medics on defense are useful for infecting and healing soldiers/heavies.

If you want to cap last flag on dustbowl with nade jumping you have to do it absolutely perfectly: 1 nade at jump point then 1 ideally timed to explode near flag (because most of the time flag gets dropped at bridge).

In FF scouts are used on maps like aardvark. Conc jumping scouts are *incredibly* fast there (you have to see it). Medic is too slow to cap flags when opposite team is using scouts. I think that scout in FF still removes disguise from spies. (I'm not sure)

My only problem with FF is that it supports max 22 players. At third stage on dustbowl you can't hold it for a decent time with 11 players in a team.

Krenzo: they can make what they want I don't have to play it. Some people dramatize it more. TF2 is very different from TFC.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007