Sooo...Team Fortess

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arklansman, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

All I can say is...

Team Fortress. The original. For Quake 1.

HAHA!

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

That could have been funny.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

its funny and true

5. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Hah, just waltzed through an enemy base with two medics. Only a pyro and an engineer tried to stop us. I punched two snipers to death when we escaped over the battlements.

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The problem with this right now game is the number of newbies running who don't know how to play or just sit around looking at all the taunts and animations. It's fine if each team has an equal amount of them, but when you get in a game with a lot of them, that team just gets dominated. I just played Gravelpit, and the team I was on just played dead. Then I swore and was booted from the server, sweet.

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Small off topic: I don't get why anyone would want to play castrated TFC: no nades, no bh and slower gameplay. I joined a FF server yesterday where BH was disabled (some cvars changed) and game was more boring than CS:S. No fun at all.

Noobs: I don't know if there are more on TF2 servers but FF servers are full of them. I think that I captured the flag tens of times on dustbowl during one day. With simple nade jumping or just after sabotaging SGs.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The lack of grenades makes the difference between classes much greater. If you want grenades, you'll have to go demoman. If you want to take down a sentry gun, it's no longer about running in and just dumping all your grenades on it. There's also no lame spamming of entryways. I think it adds to the game. The scout of TF2 can kick the ass of FF/TFC's scout. It's so much better it's not even funny. Why was there a scout at all in FF/TFC? I never saw people use them. Everyone always played the medic because he got conc grenades and could fly while being tougher than a scout. The medic in TF2 makes so much sense, and medics will latch on to soldiers and heavies creating team work. Everything makes so much more sense in TF2.

9. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I smell no more grenades for Empires.

10. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Empires' grenades are all unique among the classes though. It actually helps set the classes apart.

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Has anybody noticed how the Demoman doesn't have the sticks of dynamite shown in some of the videos?

12. Slithzerikai

I don't really have Team Fortress 2 due to not having any ways to pay online, but I really liked the nail grenades in the original Team Fortress, guess they're gone too, huh?

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

in FF, nubby me can capture nearly any flag in 1 life without dropping it. i have yet to figure out why a team of heavies cannot shoot me. and i mean a team. my assorted team + me scout against 10 heavies

14. Slithzerikai

Because if you specialize in one area, you suck in a whole lot of other ones.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

but i dont specialize :P

16. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

He is talking about the 10 heavies.

17. Slithzerikai

Exactly. I didn't play TF2 yet, but true to the formula, that's alot of firepower. Let's see. No speed, a whole lot of fire power. No healing advantages, no speed advantages, no turrets to place near flags... Just firepower from (I would assume) a bunch of slow-moving guys. That's easy to fight with a well balanced out team of this-and-thats.

18. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

TF2's class balance is pretty good, save one or two problems:

Sentry guns, in all incarnations, are overpowered. They throw you too far back, they lock on too fast, and they do too much damage. Toning them down just a mild amount WOULD be ideal. Increase the amount of time for a spy to destroy it then.

Spies - they need toned down some, IMO. As they are now, its incredibly annoying. A spy gets in your base, everyone screams spy, and starts shooting everyone they see. I don't know HOW many times I've played as spy, being SURE no one knew I was a spy, yet some scout just decided to beat me a few times, and I was done. Furthermore, I hate how spies can box you in. Its quite annoying to suddenly realize there is a spy behind you, a second before you die, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BACK UP.

In their current incarnation, spies cause people to shoot all teammates a few times, making being a spy annoying as hell. IMO, They detract from the game in all ways.

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

20. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Scouts can see through spy's disguises (unless changed from previous incarnations)