Sooo...Team Fortess

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arklansman, Sep 11, 2007.

1. arklansman

arklansman Member

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I'll be interested to see which one is preferred by the community.

TF2 looks to be the more fun game from an aesthetic standpoint but I've lost faith in valve to live up to the legacy of their non source, multiplayer games and I already know a lot of TF stuff has been removed from TF2.

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I really don't think I'm going to like Fortress Forever judging from the emphasis placed on conc jumping medics.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i will cherish both

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I think im going to like TFC2 Alot more... They should release more "Meet the" trailers... they all have been awesome... My favorite one is the Engineer :D

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

I hope everybody who plans on getting Episode2+TF2+Portal knows someone who could use a free copy of HL2 and Episode 1. Since they cancelled the black box, those 3 games are now $80 together. :(

Valve is probably hoping that there are people dumb enough to spend the extra $30. xD

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I thought the Orange Box was fifty bucks or at least sixty. Luckly I have a few friends who can give this away to, now the question is, Are they willing accept it or even bother to play it? Kinda seems like a waste to give it to someone & they won't even as much as look at it. :pathetic:

If cost too much I'll wait til a price drop or pick it up a Circuit City (They seem to sell new games cheaper nowadays)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Think of all the people on the forums who have posted how they can't play Empires because they only have Counterstrike or Day of Defeat. This actually sounds like a conspiracy. They changed mods to require Half-Life 2, and now they force everyone to get Half-Life 2 with the Orange Box. Hmmm.

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

HL2DM doesn't come with orange box though, does it? :o

10. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I don't think so...
    Unless you get HL2: DM for free for owning HL2.
    I don't know how Valve does things with their games. (like how I got every GoldSource game for registering my copy of HL1)

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

I would guess that HL2:DM comes with HL2. You never know though, valve does wierd shit like that all the time. :whistle:

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

dude, more empires players! just give it to someone that needs SourceSDK Base access.

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

HL2 DM comes with Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2 Episode One. Episode one costs $10 from amazon.com which is the lowest price of admission to playing mods.

14. Silk

Silk Mapper

Well $10 isn't that bad considering you can play episode 1 and lots of mods.

Although apart from empires there's no other mod that really got my attention. Iron grip turned out to be one the worst mods i've ever played, insects infestation is original, but not that fun to play. Most other mods haven't been released yet.

So far i only enjoyed dystopia, the hidden and eternal silence, none of which i still play. All 3 of them get boring after a while.

btw the newest release of the hidden is ... dumb. You should read what they had to say, i've put everything i think is funny in bold.

Wow i HAVE to try this one out. Seems to me as if they did everything in their power to improve the mod.

Seriously, they should have just waited untill beta 5 was ready and release everything at once. There's not so many players, having them download a new version for only these few changes won't do it much good.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Demo? When? Where?

16. Damian

Damian Member

I applied to fix/improve their weapon animations and got this:

Damian spreads like a virus through the information highway!

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I managed to acces the TF2 GCF and find the sounds for it. Nice taunts, i must say.

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

huh? how?

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It looks like Fortress Forever released today to beat the TF 2 beta. That's a smart move. If they hadn't beat the TF 2 beta, I doubt I would ever try it.

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

Soo...how bout those Empires animations? :rolleyes: