Weapons: More than Bullets and Bombs

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by halbalbador, Aug 29, 2007.

1. halbalbador

halbalbador Member

The empires research tree has a host of different types of weapons, however, despite this apparent diversity, it feels like I am always firing the same thing.

SUGGESTION TIME

Plasma Weapons -

We need Plasma Weapons to actually shoot a green/blue blob and make the classic plasma sound... instead of *BOOM!* get more of a *ZSCHOOm!* with maybe a crackling resonance afterward. Also, it would be super cool if you could make tanks/buildings that are being overheated by weapons to actually gradually get more and more of that fiery red glow before finally exploding.

The Double/Triple Rocket Launcher?

This isn't that great of a suggestion because you can already customize vehicles to have such an item, but imagine if BOTH the slots were double rocket launchers, then you would have 4. :confused:

Cluster Bombs -

This is a far away galaxy - cluster bombs aren't just for dropping from planes. This of how cool it would be if we had a tank that shot something that exploded a bazillion times! Think of the lag!!! Seriously though it would be cool.

Nukes?

Simply put the nukes sound like regular mortars but blow up a lot of shit... maybe make them cause a flashbang effect when they explode, perhaps a different sound that actually sounds like some sort of mini nuke.

Chemical Weaponry -

Gas clouds baby!! Zee Germans pulled it out in WWI, we can put it in Empires! This may not be the best idea to do for the poor chaps with slower computers, but something like cs's smoke grenade would be cool, maybe mixed with the flashbangs tracers to simulate tear gas. :D

LASERS FOR GOD'S SAKE PLEASE

This would be totally badass, could be easily done with code for beams already in half life 2... maybe lightning bolt guns might be easier... when hit, vehicles begin glowing hot red gradually until they explode. RESEARCHABLE LASER TURRET?!?! I THINK YES!

EMP Weaponry

No, not EMPIRES, Electromagnetic Pulse!!! Shuts down a vehicle temporarily and maybe even turns it a black color and perhaps some electricity pulsates throughout the vehicle.

Flamethrowers -

Again, laggy, but worth it, especially if attached to heavy tanks!!!!!

Im pretty sure there are more I have thought of but thats all I have for now, thats a lot for you all to discuss... however I do have one more thing to say... Every one of these weapons should be available to infantry as well as the vehicles, researchable by the commander. Im talkin grenadiers with triple rocket launchers, riflemen with Flamethrowers, scouts with teargas grenades...

What do you think? Are you getting bored of the same old bullets and bombs despite your hard work researching? Do you want more variation in your weaponry both infantry and vehicle?

2. Align

Align Member

I think Empires is supposed to have a gritty feeling to it. Of course, if Plasma shells get more suitable effects, that'll fly out the window, so I wonder if there'll be some explanation for them looking like normal shells instead of fancy fx.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

what happened to those wierd explosion effects? like green plasma explosions and shit.. that would make weapons feel different

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

I sent them to Krenzo, but he wouldn't put them in. :|

He wouldn't even use the standard one I sent.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

why? did they look like shit in game?

6. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

[talkingoutmyass]
    Empires takes place in the distant past. They don't know how to harness laser power.
    [/talkingoutmyass]

EDIT: lasers would kick ass, but I think the bullets make it more fun.

EDIT2: Your green explosions were cool, ark

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  7. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

We already have the NFAR, forget lazers.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

They look even better ingame than they do in screenshots. He wants models, though I don't know why he won't use mine until then. :/

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

perhaps he thinks they're too green or not the effect he's looking for. don't worry, they are cool.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

is there a way i just add them my self then?

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

Good news, Krenzo is putting the new ones in. :D

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

hooorrraayy beerr.. i mean hoorrrayyy krenzoo

13. halbalbador

halbalbador Member

what is a trench club?

GREEN EXPLOSIONS- I LOVE IT

Nobody likes my overheating vehicle effect of glowing more and more red? I'm pretty sure it'd be possible, I know there are 1,0000,00000000 source effects that can be applied to any model very easily (garrys mod) (the hidden)

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I made 3 missiles and shipped em of to Krenzo; but yet there are still standard HL 2 ones in the game :(

Though I compiled one of them for myself so I got smexy looking ones :D

15. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

sweet =) finally you will be able to see the diffrence and you can already bck up when saw a team mate getting plasmad^^

16. picard131

picard131 Member

Oooh, can I has 'em?

17. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Lasers and flamethrowers have both been shot down by Krenzo numerous times, and so unless he's changed his mind on the subject they're out of the question.

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

The future is definitely in utilities and counter-measures, not more weapon types.

19. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

/me wants anti-rocket turret and suicide-vehicles

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member