Non-Testers "2LT Lion_IX" and "SpiderWorm S."

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Broccoli, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Today on emp_streetsoffire, the Brenodi team steadily lost ground and were reduced to one ticket. They fought for a long time, making use of the mass revive skill. Towards the end of the match, this placed several players under a set of steps. This was a position which they could be seen in, but could not be hit, and could not fire out of.

After the rest of the team was killed off, these players remained in the map for what I would estimate to be about 10 minutes. It probably wasn't this long, but I was so bored that time just dragged. Despite constant complaints from both the NF team and those spectating, they refused to suicide and allow the game to progress.

These two players were: "=[BSID]= 2LT Lion_IX <Winnar>" and "== SpiderWorm S.". I have the appropriate logs and screenshots, although I hardly deem it necessary to prove myself: there were plenty of others there.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out to these players that you have been given access to this build for one reason: you are supposed to be testing it. You are NOT here to fuck around and waste other people's time. If I had administrator privileges on the official server I would not have hesitated to ban you, so in that respect at least you are blessed.

The reason for my frustration is that, as you may know, I am trying to film the trailer at the moment. This is something that I personally think is important in helping to expand our community. I am also at an important point in my life right now, so I'm not able to dedicate a lot of time to gaming. The time that I do dedicate to it, therefore, is valuable. I do not appreciate little idiots like you shitting on my stopwatch.

Take this opportunity to justify your actions if you wish, otherwise I recommend that these players be removed from the forum test.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Both have been banned for a little while until they decide to show their face here.

3. Lion_IX

Lion_IX Member

Right, there are very few people that actually try to find and report bugs on the RC server. Most of the people just play on that server for fun and don't give a hoot about writing up a post or bug report on the forums. So if people are banned based on that issue, then everyone should be banned except the few who actually go through the trouble of playtesting (i.e. RPG, Beerdude, Krenzo, and the devs).

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Nice try on justifying your actions ;)

Broccoli next time this happens, you should come on IRC and ask for a map change, you can also pm me or any of the other admins (Bodrick, Dee, Letuce, Solokiller, Grizzly etc) over steam friends, if the others also don't mind to be bothered about it.

I just want both you guys acknowledging this thread as a lot of people do not appreciate their time being wasted.

5. AlexCA117

AlexCA117 Member

Map was urbanchaos not streets of fire I think.
    Not that that matters much.

6. Goose

Goose Member

Out of all this mess, there is now a bug waiting in Mantis, that would not have been reported if this wouldn't have happened.

7. Lion_IX

Lion_IX Member

Right, so if it's an apology you are wanting, here it is...

I apologize for having fun when you were not and for wasting 10 precious minutes, vital to any gamer. Sorry for being spawned in a location where you can't hurt me and I can't hurt you. And I apologize for doing something that made the game last longer than it should.

8. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Hmm, well, at least they've found a new exploit. If you guys would be so kind to provide a screenshot or demo of the location in question to the tracker, then Grizzly will try to correct it.

Next time though, just take a screenshot, note the location, problem and ways to reproduce it down and just suicide. Saves us all some trouble.

9. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I'm pretty sure they were mass revived in there, if not regularly revived.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

That's ten minutes of bugs we didn't find, not ten minutes of playing.

You're playing a test version, and for the love of God...

THERE'S ONLY ONE FUCKING SERVER! If you find a bug like this, lulz for a minute or so, let people take screenshots, and then FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES.

The hell is wrong with you people?

11. Kuma

Kuma Member

And for those of us that play and do find bugs, its not a matter that only 5 people find bugs, its that it take time for bugs to come up. Where I have been testing 1.08 for about a month now, I have only reported one major bug, and also reported a possible glitch in accuracy. Its not that I only play for fun, its the fact that empires is not a bug filled mess and you are bound to find a bug every 5 seconds.

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Indeed it was.

I was pretty riled up last night, so I apologise to both of you for anything personal I said; it was out of frustration really. Just remember why you are here, and next time do what Niarbeht said. You will have plenty of opportunities to play these silly games after the final release.

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

that was stupidity on my part. in RC19, I haven't been able to access my console, so I nade suicided, and someone revived me. at that point I didn't think about team changing because I was trying to place an ammos box for more nades for suicidal uses. we need an "Eat Grenade" button

14. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I don't report bugs because I know fuck all how to at this point, I just say out what it is when I fell into one, hoping someone else'll report it.

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

If the map was urbanchaos, couldn't you just have capped all the flags? :|

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

we were trapped withing the cap radius of BE Flag 2

17. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

You can at least see KILLX asking them to mine them.

18. REX

REX Member

LOL I just love that facial expresion :D
    [​IMG]

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Tell me a good reason why I shouldn't ban you for admitting you don't give a shit about reporting bugs.

20. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

he's Russian?