C&C 3:Tiberium Wars

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shinzon, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

Wootz I gotz miis Kane Edition! W00tz!

I now have every single C&C for the PC along with C&C 64.
    FOR THE HORDE, f*&^!!!!!!!! I mean FOR THE KANE!!!!!! (Soviet campaign ending for C&C:RA was the ultimate roxzor though)

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Even sole survivor? =o

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I bought CNC the first decade a few days ago. I finished Yuri's revenge, almost finished the Allied campaign in RA2 and i'm at Sub-Divide in the Soviet campaign. But i already finished RA2 before.
    I tried RA, but i didn't like the older graphics, i'll play it later on.
    I tried Generals, but it didn't play like CNC. I tried Renegade, was fun, although hard at first.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i prefer the dozer method of constuction by far. i thought that that was a huge step forward...

5. Caelo

Caelo Member

yeah, although I hate Generals: the build system was a lot better..
    I would like to see the infinite build qeue again too :) I just love putting tanks on infinite build mode and the waypoint in the enemy base :D

6. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Renegade wasn't so hard, just the last mission, epecially if you got that glitch where all your weapons except the pistol are gone, & it's damn nerar impossible to fight an entire army armed with only a pistol when every one on the last level has rocket luanchers, chain guns, laser chain guns, & the tiberium/flame thrower(Sadly I always got that glitch not sure if it's my copy of the game, so I never saw the end of Renegade :( ).

7. ^Dee^

Do people still play renegade online? I wouldn't mind playing again :)

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I liked that chemical weapon, where people mutate into weird orange blobs.

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

me neither, as long as people stay away from the ion cannon...

10. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

My online C&C experience: RA2 I built up a pack of 5 of those guys that make things disappear and destroyed one of the enemies bases then the other two guys playing built lots of defenses and allied together I was screwed :(

11. Pope_Homeless_XIII

There are still around 40 servers up on Renegade, just remember to download Renguard if you want to play online (so people don't suspect you of cheating & boot you)
    I use the S/N zonark if you ever wonder who I am on there. (I created it back when I was 11 or 12)

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

A couple hours ago in Red alert 2 Yuri's revenge i loaded up 2 Battle fortresses with 5 chrono legionnaires each, the enemy never got the change to retaliate.
    We will trample our enemies!

13. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

^^ I'm wondering were the Battle Fortresses damaged at all? Ten chrono legionnaires = game over for the other team

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

One was damaged a tiny bit, but when 5 blue beams came out of the tank it stopped taking damage.

15. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

I expected better from you! Speaking of C&C3 is it possible to defeat 3 star'd mammoth tanks? Cause whenever I play 3 ultra mammoths can take out about anything without receiving any noteworthy damage

16. ^Dee^

Vertigo stealth bombers are pretty good if you see the mammoths before they get to your base.

Also, use the stealth ability on your raider buggies with emp coils. Get them in close and activate them while you go to work with other units.

For scrin, use warships if they're clustered together or PACs. Tripods are decent too if you get them in close enough to use their emp ability.

Also, make use of the stasis shield to freeze them so you can surround them and stuff.

As GDI. Shockwave artillery coupled with other ground units or firehawks with stratosphere (to get them close enough before emp wears off)

The next patch, however, is going to be making a few balance changes to hopefully make the game less of a 1 unit spam thing.

17. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

That will make me sad inside, my mammoth/Firehawk combo is unstoppable in the main campaign: 12 Firehawk=automatic victory.

18. Pope_Homeless_XIII

I usually use the Juggernaut + sniper combo. Great for cleaning up the place or softening up air defenses so I can get some Orcas to take out important stuctures.

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Zone Trooper APC rush :D

Did they do anything to zone troppers or APC's with the patch? I cant seem to find anything..

20. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I think that every time I get in a BE Heavy.:p

As for the zone rush the APCs gun will be nerfered a little against infantry but will be slightly better against aircraft becasue of a higher turrent turn rate, and the zone drop pods are now 50% more expensive(but no construciton increase at the barracks).