Top Armor bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by arklansman, Apr 8, 2007.

1. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yeh the mortar might be a bit too overpowered with our settings, somebody kick beerdude and tell him to change it back >,>

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I thought the mortar and rocket were litterally perfect with the normal settings. not that the RnD settings aren't better for most things..

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Yes, I don't have any idea why someone changed it.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

kk, I'll revert mortar to default damage. I'll also nerf the rocket to 100 damage. I WANT TO KILL PEOPLE WITH ONE DAMN ROCKET :p

NOTE FOR KRENZO!: Make the rocket have a slight splash damage, and make it kill infantry in one hit. The damage for buildings and vehicles can stay 80.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, one hit rocket kills wouldn't be too bad, just so long as shoorti]ng i]rt inrto somerthing right next to you instantluy kills you too.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Hence the request for splash damage. :p

Does 1/3rd of the mortar sound alright?

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

hahaha NO!

'ell, 'hat i meant i' that you 'houldn't be able to ju't run up to 'omeone and bla't them a'ay 'ithout any penalty. GODDAMN I NEED A NE' KEYBOARD.

8. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I would definitely like to see this. Armor currently just soaks up a little bit of damage and you have to turn to another side after maybe 1-2 cannon shots uness you are using reactive (a heavy with full reactive can soak up two nukes in the front and still have some hull left, and by then you should have been able to kill or seriously damage your opponent. But it's like plating-your-tank-with-diamonds expensive, especially when you need that res.) But compared to all the other armors, they seem like paper. A single plate of reactive armor takes 2-3 MLs to even get it from green to yellow, but something else like composite only takes one. If all the armors were close to as powerful as reactive, then maybe a few extra plates would mean life and death instead of whether you can take another cannon shot to the side, or you want that shiny chaingun instead of a machine gun along with that salvo ML and HE cannon.

Believe me, if you can afford it and in the right hands, a NF heavy with railgun, nuke/bio ML, HE/DU MG is godly compared to most tanks.

On Topic: If you can get 14 heavy kills with one mowtar shot each in a round, I'd say that's a bit too overpowered considering how much those heavies cost and a gren costs nothing except one player's time.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

just bumping this because i got killed as a BE med recently like this and it's really frustrating.

10. flatmush

flatmush Member

Me too, it's a really nasty bug, although if the death icon treated it as a special skillful kill (like headshots) then I wouldn't mind so much.