Overdue Update

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

As we've said in the past, our next release will feature all new weapon models and animations, and all rifle weapons will have iron sights for their secondary fire mode. All SMGs will retain their melee attack. All of the Northern Faction models and animations have been completed, but the Brenodi Empire animations have not. Our desire to get the next release out there is increasing every day, and it appears that we're going to go ahead and release within the next few weeks without all new weapon models and animations. This has been the only factor holding back the next release.

View the full update on the front page - http://www.empiresmod.com

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  2. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

So every single weapon has new models and animations? or just the NF?

3. Damian

Damian Member

Mostly the NF, with a few for the BE.

We will include the rest in the following update to 1.08 along with extra surprises. :)

4. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

Praise be the mighty Developers.
    All Haile!

I shall looketh forwarde to it.

Damn I suck at talking Shakespearesque...

>>> http://empiresmod.com/ <<<

Awesome Vids.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  5. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Hurrah!

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Hmm. Not too fond of the details on the rifles (the .50 looks very bland in iron sight mode) and the Nf assault rifle is practically hidden behind the ammo counter.

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Are you sure you guys want to sacrifice quality to get the new version out faster? I mean, sure, everybody is really eager for its release, but I certainly wouldn't want it to be at the expense of your standards. I can't speak for the rest of the playerbase, but I would honestly be a lot more happy getting a product that you're completely satisfied with than a product that you've had to settle on, time to deliver be damned.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

ist that the duke nukem forever team's motto?

but seriously, im glad to hear its going to be released soon. there is no one on except for the arranged games on friday nights, and this patch will reaferm those of the faithful that have begun to wonder as well as work to convert more of the heathens, even if a few guns have the old animations/models (as long as everything that is supposed to have iron sites has them)

9. Silk

Silk Mapper

Well i agree with dumpster on this one.
    Still it's nice to finally play with all the improvements.

L3TUC3, i agree with you as well about the .50, improving the one texture on the surface you look at in ironsight could solve the issue though.

10. Damian

Damian Member

There really is no need to worry, it's a given we're going to be improving this game as we release more and more updates. That's what game development is all about. ;)

11. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's impossible to make them more detailed because we're using the same model for the view model and the iron sights model. They're about as good as they can be.

12. Darg

Darg Member

Apart from the ironsights and new models has there been any other new features implemented? Last I heard on the aircraft front you had a working simulator and were putting in all the realistic physical properties of the planes and so on as well as working on the 16X map scale problem. Any more news on that? I assume it's not ready for 1.08 which is a pity.

What's on the board to work on after 1.08 apart from getting the models and animations finished. What kind of heavy coding work has made its way into 1.08?

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Those new models look amazing, and the sounds are nice and beefy too. I can't wait to use them.

One question: when a player is using iron-sights, does his third person model reflect that? So can players tell if other players are in iron-sights mode? I guess the answer is yes, but I've played games where this isn't done too.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

btw, i'm using angry's soundpack now (update from the previous one)
    http://www.empiresuniverse.com/Angry_soundpack.rar

Some weapon sounds are amazing.
    Apart from 3 sounds all are major improvements imo.
    BE weapon sounds didn't change btw

It's MUCH, MUCH more intense.

16. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You don't see third person in iron sights. We haven't gotten to 3rd person animations yet. I'm hoping by releasing it will invigorate Duke and Damian to continue working on these things.

After 1.08, I'm going to focus on getting aircraft done. We'll probably release a forums only version for aircraft too that will be a simple test map.

17. Darg

Darg Member

gigidy gigidy woot!

Can't wait to see what happens to the game with aircraft. Just make sure they aren't too powerful against buildings or bases will just get wiped out.

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I LOL'ed at the recoilless .50 cal rifle. Apart from that, very nice! :)

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that's awesome, nice work.

personally, i recon a little more (aka a lot more) recoil wouldn't hurt, but hey, that's up to you.

current favorite: definately the SMG for BE. that thing is frickin awesome!!

who is in favour of a "critique" sorta thread to show what people think could be improved... it's probably really anoying for some developers, though as a mapper i like critisizm. yeah?

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Well, i've heard people talk about the sounds being bad for a while.