The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Major Cleve Cutler

Major Cleve Cutler Member

Well, I play when I have the time.

Which is usually...
    Never.
    It sucks ass to be nearly an adult.

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Literally no one has ever played Empires.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Oh boy you're in for a treat.

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Forums should impose a character limit equal to the amount of minutes played since last post. Boom, politik threads save empires rather than killing it.

vipervicki likes this.
  5. Ranger

Ranger Member

^Meritocracy

6. Space_Oddity

You're limiting people's ability to post to their relative free time outside work, you fucking ablist. Maybe I have dependents to look after; maybe I volunteer; maybe I haven't had Empires installed since 2012; who are you to judge me?

You should work for the DWP.

7. Ranger

Ranger Member

Away with ya space oddity! Never return until you have played at least one minute of Empires!

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I think we can all agree that a single teacher with a glock could have saved 17 lives in Florida. I'm glad president Trump is having concrete plans to supply the necessary life protection tools to teachers at no cost.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

We all agree with you man.

McGyver likes this.
  10. Space_Oddity

EMPIRES WAS NEVER G
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOood

11. Pyrope ☭

Pyrope ☭ Member

What is going on in here?

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Just some mature adults talking about politics.

13. Space_Oddity

Donald Trump advocates death penalty for drug dealers in rambling speec

President covers wide range of topics at Pittsburgh rally before mentioning Republican candidate Rick Saccone whose campaign he was there to endorse.

In a campaign stop three days before a crucial special election for Congress, Donald Trump advocated the death penalty for drug dealers in the course of an hour-long rambling campaign style speech where he bashed television anchors, unveiled his re-election slogan and discussed nuclear arms negotiations with North Korea. He also mentioned the Republican candidate whom he endorsed. Speaking to a crowd of supporters in a packed airplane hangar outside of Pittsburgh, Trump gave one of his trademark speeches including a rare imitation where he feigned what it would be like to act “presidential”.

The event was held to support Republican Rick Saccone who is neck and neck with Democrat Conor Lamb in a congressional district that Trump won by over 20 points in the 2016 election. Trump praised Saccone saying “he knows things other people don’t know” and bashed the Democratic candidate as “Lamb the Sham”. He also discussed the physical attractiveness of both candidates. Trump said of the 33-year-old Lamb “I hear he’s nice looking, I think I’m better looking” and then followed up by saying Saccone “is handsome too”.

14. Major Cleve Cutler

Funny how the article briefly mentions about Trump advocating the death penalty, but they announce it in the headline, as if the article was mainly about talks of the death penalty .
    Not saying they're liars, but they're holding a narrow spotlight to the subject

15. Space_Oddity

They're like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to reporting retarded shit coming out of Trump's gob. It's a better headline than "Trump continues to basically be a fascist invalid".

16. Major Cleve Cutler

Couldn't describe it better than that.
    I better stop talking about Trump and the media and all that. I fear I'll start ranting and raving in a forum where people try to get away from that stuff.

17. Major Cleve Cutler

A bunch of kids in the U.S. are walking out of our schools to protest school shootings. Yeah, as if they were truly caring about banning weapons and weren't just using this as an excuse from class.
    Meanwhile, China is going nuts about a female reporter rolling her eyes in a press conference.

Sometimes I wonder how this world hasn't gone nuclear yet.

18. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

Because we are all just crisis actors doing what we need to do for the next Soros cheque...

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

its not an excuse from class because a bunch got suspended and/or got their graduations cancelled. but i mean, believe all you read on sites that reinforce your view
    its crazy to think about but most people do want to ban guns. shh dont tell anyone though

people are going nuts about a reporter rolling their eyes because they're sick and tired of living in an authoritarian regime, and its a way of expressing that feeling
    didnt you actually believe this like a couple months ago

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

people protested because they wanted to participate in a cultural moment. if they didnt believe in it they wouldnt have gone