No weight limit biaachhh

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ranger, Feb 11, 2018.

?

Wanna try playing with no chassis weight limit?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Yesno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ranger

Ranger Member

New thread yay

Since everything is more or less messed up currently in empires, why not try removing the chassis weight limit? Yeah go double rail gun bio mg and uml, ehhh or nuke i guess... and then 24 pieces of reactive armor, what could go wrong?

Anyway obviously it's gonna have its issues but I'm really curious about how it would turn out on a server with standard resource income or even on Mr. X.'s where mony is rare. Like, you would have the ability to make super heavies, but at great cost, if it works nice, armor and weapon costs could be tweaked to emphasize that. On low res map you could try making a really strong heavy and push with fewer tanks and more infantry.
    On servers with lots of money it could prove stalemate breaker. It my eat your resources and/or eat enemy tanks faster.

No need to analyze what it would do really.

I would like to see it in large games some time, or at least in a beta branch with a few people in vehicle training or something...

If we agree on this, it will mean we will need a dev to push the update, prefereable Security. Yep rip

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Sure, why not?

3. MegaMLGgaming

MegaMLGgaming Member

Yes but lets not do it on the server where upgraded gren is disabled in such a case like this, making the first team to get a heavy win. Because lets be honest, "git gud" wount work on a full arsenal heavy

4. Ranger

Ranger Member

The thing is, you can't get a team of Juggernaut heavies, cause that's expensive. In hardcore empires heavies are already really late game. I mean, it wouldn't instantly unbalance things. Fully armored mediums are still able to hold off heavies

5. Lazybum

i mean normally, isn't only like an extra 200-300 res to fully plate something up? I feel like there would be more of an issue with weapons, but honestly heat is self balancing for most of it. The only slightly questionable thing is allowing every tank to basically have a nuke. Sure it outputs mad heat and you can't really fire much else, but nukes aren't used against tanks, they are used to clear out buildings and that pesky gren hiding behind some cover. Takes me back to spartacus's triple ml, sure it's harder to use against tanks and useless against infantry so it seemed balance, but at any point in the game melting buildings tend to be the fastest way to destroy the enemy and those can't fight back or move at all.

6. Ranger

Ranger Member

Yeah you could basically have front line heavies and nuke heavies by pressing a button. Unfair I know

7. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

In relation to this, why don't we try upping the max armor plating on everything by 1 or 2, so you can actually build tanks that are more defensive or more offensive? It would make weight a bit more relevant if anything.

8. Lazybum

Yessssssss, then I can load up a tank with nothing but armor and have a mini boom tank. That would be the more interesting thing to do, the only thing I can think of that's a point against it is in empires it is better to load up with weapons instead of armor because killing them before they kill you is always better, not to mention for most weapons you can actually dodge because of how fast tanks accelerate. I've tried having something like near full armor with just a cannon and ml on a heavy and sure I lasted awhile, but I wasn't killing anyone either. They would just runaway before any final blows could happen.

9. Ranger

Ranger Member

Yeah the most useful fully armored heavy you can make is one that has a bio mg to support your tank team. All the rest are crap.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yes this is 100% true.

The key about surviving in Empires is : knowing when you can retreat with a red-flashing hull.

The key about killing vehicles in Empires is : Let the bitches thought they could retreat with a red-flashing hull but nope.

Same rules can be applied to other games like League of Legends.
    To win your lane, you need to let your opponent think that he's safe, so he'd fight with you (or not retreat), but they are not.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018