The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. MegaMLGgaming

MegaMLGgaming Member

[​IMG]

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Everyone who generalizes an entire population/group/race what the fuck ever has no clue about the world or science in general.

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Damn right. #notallnazis

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

5. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

Then how do you explain this dude:

[​IMG]

6. McGyver

7. Major Cleve Cutler

Major Cleve Cutler Member

Jesus Christ, that article is cringy as hell. Who would write that kind of stuff for a living?
    Screenshot 2017-12-11 at 9.56.07 AM.png
    Oh. Well that explains a lot.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The only thing more annoying than these ridiculous views is sharing them. Stop it. Don't bring this to my doorstep.
    I can still believe that none of this is real and it's just made up by internet trolls and memers. Let me live in my bubble.

w00kie likes this.
  9. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

Your doorstep is a bigot. Doorsteps oppressed women and disabled people for decades.

[​IMG]

Major Cleve Cutler likes this.
  10. complete_

complete_ lamer

wow cant believe half of alabama voted for bible-thumping pedophile child rapist roy moore

religion of peace everybody

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Didn't he lose, ergo less than half the people voted for him? Or was there gerrymandering?

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

48%. its half. lets not play semantics

in that post i was going to also mention that he also misses slavery-times and wants gay sex to be illegal in addition to being a rapist pedophile but even though its true it seemed like i was going overboard.

but looking back, those beliefs in no way compare to those WACKY LEFTY views in that above article such as "black lives matter" and "prostitution should be legal"

13. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

14. McGyver

Finally complete_ has finished her PHD: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14680777.2018.1409988

This article explores visual discourses about over-40 and over-50 femininities that emerge from women’s own Instagram accounts. It analyses women’s visual and textual rhetoric of what over-40 and over-50 looks like, and whether it could interrupt the ageist, sexist, and body-normative discourses of female ageing and visibility.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

the party of "family values" strikes again

16. Ranger

Ranger Member

"Family Values" contradicts with "Legal Prostitution"? If it's sarcasm sorry, I can't tell who is serious in this thread.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It contradicts pedophilia and rape, two crimes Roy Moore is guilty of.

18. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

all these memes are the metaphorical cancer on rational discourse

I feel like the Republican party has long been stripped of any semblance of the values that they once held. Now the party seems to be filled with self-interested men who have no problem using those values as a platform to get whatever they want.

Here's a list of some things that I hate because I don't have any other place to put them, since it would be interpersonal relationship suicide to attempt to discuss politics where I am.
    • I hate pretty much everything about how the democratic party handled the 2016 election.
    • I hate that we could have ended up with another family entering the white house multiple times. It's bad enough it happened once.
    • I hate the Citizens United decision from 2010, and the results that have come from it
    • I hate that conservatives in my country are being intentionally radicalized by more than one group
    • I hate that climate change is amazingly a point of debate in American politics. I blame the fact that An Inconvenient Truth was tied so closely to Al Gore. Caused Republicans to double down on that one.
    • I hate that the Green party, what seems like the closest thing we have to a progressive party, supported bloody homeopathy and alternative medicine and is generally all-around stupid
    • Not entirely political, but the last point made me think how much I hate that there's a phrase 'alternative medicine'
    • I hate that memes and politics are a thing now. My generation is seemingly retarded and it's saddening
    • I hate that social media has promoted what I'm going to call 'critical thinking through consensus.' for lack of a better description. Not to mention platforms like reddit and twitter are easy to manipulate, while facebook will prevent you from seeing anything that you disagree with that might cause you to close it.
    And finally
    • I hate that we have a president who as far as I'm concerned the most effective argument against him is to point a finger and raise one eyebrow quizzically.

bring on the memes

A-z-K and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I agree. Political Memes are fucking cancer, social media is trash and literally everyone is a fucking idiot. I want to live in a cave (with an internet connectino solely for multiplayer gaming).

20. Ranger

Ranger Member

I like political memes because they give me better perspective of people's stupidity and opinions. However, I must say when you say political memes, the first thing that comes to my mind is Trump, punching CNN and then CNN raging and hunting internet-meme-hunts and blackmails and then the war of memes against CNN. That was entertaining.