Increase max stamina with ranks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Xyaminou, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

like walls...

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

thatd be so op. Honestly. I mean I'd love to have more stamina and own newbs even more. But like holy shizzle ma nizzle, vets would be even stronger than they are

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

We are also running into display problems, because three bars would no longer correspond to one jump's worth of stamina. That can't be easily changed until the UI gets an overhaul.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'd rather just have sprinting not take from stamina at all, just jumping. I mean the whole point is to prevent bunny hopping right?

If it's just to slow people down a bit that feels silly too, maps are too large for that.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I wouldn't know exactly why because it's done 12 years ago, but if I am to guess, it is exactly to slow people down.
    Not to slow you down when you are walking from point A to point B, but to slow you down during combat.

6. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

If anything make it a skill, or fold it into stamina increase. Make it increase the max on your stamina as well as increase recharge rate.

7. Neoony

Neoony Member

lol
    You dont want a Gren with unlimited sprinting xD

For me, its another thing to get better at...Stamina management.

So I dont think its only to prevent bunny hopping. (although a very valid reason)
    Its also quite important gameplay mechanic.

It also makes sprinting more special / valuable.

Its like a damn turbo in a racing game.

Also no stamina for sprinting would almost completely kill speed upgrade.
    Only thing is that you can only sprint forward. But considering you can sprint - jump - crouch - shoot with Gren. You would be pretty much able to completely eliminate that disadvantage with a little practice.

Also...any of suggestions here would, just like paradox said, give quite advantage...which would also have different value for each class.
    Once again especially advantageous for Gren. ( here we go again xD )
    Stamina already gives quite different advantages to different classes, why make the difference worse?

----
    Rifle needs to strafe while shooting. (Sprinting more or less useless for shooting)
    Gren can 90% utilize sprinting while shooting. (only needs less than 1 second crouch to shoot)
    It doesnt even really affect him that you can only sprint forward, because you maintain speed while jumping and can turn while airborne.
    (sprint - jump - crouch + maintain sprinting speed while flying + aim at any direction - shoot...repeat))

That is how it would give different advantages to different classes. Which I dont think is very good.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  8. Avatarix

couldn't devs just slow down players when jumping or increase fraction with ground against bhopping? also it's a fun mechanic why not use it?
    also the stamina really needs some buffs, for me it's the most annoying mechanic in the game

9. Lazybum

You know I totally forgot about grens. For everyone else you generally don't want to be sprinting while shooting because you can't strafe, and that's how you dodge bullets, but for grens it doesn't apply. That said, people in general would have more stamina to actually jump with to avoid gren mortars, but still you have a fair point. Though I wonder if stamina regens fast enough to keep jumping for a gren to fight with.

Still, I would like hyperactive gren play plz. Honestly the faster the better, at least that's how I think when it comes to games anymore. I should probably get into tribes or something.

Ah, before I forget, I notice someone mentioned infinite sprint making speed upgrade useless. I know at the moment speed upgrade doesn't affect sprint speed, but if it did it would certainly still be everyone's favorite skill.

10. Neoony

Neoony Member

Thats because sprinting is faster than speed upgrade.
    And like I said, the only disadvantage to constantly holding sprint, would be that you can only sprint forward, which can be learned to minimize the disadvantage almost completely.
    Never said speed upgrade affects it or anything, quite the opposite. Sprint overrides it in pretty much every way.
    But I think you might have misunderstood :P

Think I would just bind sprinting to W xD
    Just if we had infinite sprinting, I would 100% trade the speed upgrade for something else.

But yeah, once again...this is mostly for Gren.
    As it would probably still be useful for other classes....but it would be still much less useful than with limited sprint.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  11. Lazybum

No, I was misunderstood. Let's say sprinting is 30% faster then normal movement, and speed upgrade is like 15%. Right now that 15% doesn't affect sprinting at all, but if it did, if you could sprint at 45% or whatever, then there's still a great benefit to speed upgrade.

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

oh ok....
    I thought it was meant as a reply xD
    Not as an idea :P

My bad