The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Calling an entire continent delusional and jealous isn't? That's not even what jealous means; I think it meant envious. As in: I am not envious of people who will die poor and alone as a result of their leader being manbaby. I am jealous of Western Europe's (admittedly dwindling) commitment to social democracy due to said manbaby's delusional followers. Not that I mean to be condescending. (That means 'talking down to.')

This post brought to you by the letter C.

For obvious confirmation bias, of course.

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

@space oddity..comprehending what you are reading would help make your argument more on target.

3. Space_Oddity

It also unironically used the word sheeple.

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

This thread is such utter garbage.

vipervicki, Tama and Kidpaler like this.
  5. complete_

complete_ lamer

the master of saying the most obvious thing without actually taking a political stance in order to get those easy vicki/kidpaler likes, everyone

if you post something in this topic that has any sort of semblance to a defense of donald trump, vicki and kidpaler will rush to immediately like it even though they've said like 20 pages ago they stopped reading the topic because everyone but them is crazy

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I have a political stance and I'd discuss it with anyone. I'd love to learn something.
    But all the personal attacks and bickering and memes is so fucking dull. God I hate memes.
    If you don't agree with someone and you can't have a discussion just shtap.

If having a stance means picking a side in this shit fest I'll not do that though. I hate you all equally.

I don't know why I care. It's like a tooth ache, it'll probably go away if you ignore it but you can't stop checking it out with your tongue and every time it gives you just a little bit more of a head ache.

Also, please, I couldn't give a monkeys about forum votes. You can do one there.
    I disagree with Vicki or DT's politics as much as anyone else. I'm just trying not a prick about it. I guess my point is that this thread makes this forum a worse place and I wish it would disappear. There's plenty of places on the internet to go have an argument.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  7. complete_

complete_ lamer

cant have a discussion because people are arguing in bad faith. they just stop posting once you win whatever argument you had and come crawling back 10 pages later like it never happened
    only 2 people are posting memes and posting random shit
    this topic is for news and quick discussion of events. not philosophical discussions since its clearly not possible.

you can have a stance and not pick a side. being neutral for the sake of being neutral isnt some heroic thing

you care because you want to take your mind off your own terrible election. in the words of the leader of the free world: Enjoy!

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I just want to know why a woman would defend a party that just defunded planned parenthood when that is one of the biggest insurance providers to single mothers.
    And provides services to women who cannot financially afford to have a child or was a victim of rape.

Republicans decry abortions but never seem to ante up when they keep the kid and need financial assistance to raise the child. A mother working 8 hours a day with a baby, and thier parents are very poor caregivers themselves. Is not a future I would like for our children. I am one of those examples of having a shit childhood because we could not secure financial stability and mom had to stick with an abusive boyfriend. Causing a lot of psychological damage in me and being the cause of all my insecurities.

You are not only punishing the mother of the child but the child itself for just being born. The mothers sins should never transfer to the child. Do you really need more dysfunctional people in today's world filled with an abundance of mental disorders, and poor education; Because they could not get the assistance they needed to succeed in the public education system.

I just want to know if this what she wants from a traditional family setting. An abusive step father, with a mother developing smoking and alcohol addictions because she was forced to have child from peer pressure of her chosen church and a father only seen on weekends to had over cash and spend one to two hours with. And then goes spends time with his real wife, and be a proxy father figure to her child.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

she doesnt like late term abortions and wants them banned. she gets to decide when its babyish enough

e: edited

10. BigTeef

I am starting to be convinced that they do this so the uneducated people can mass and over populate against the intellectuals creating a stable population of drones who don't question thier existence, don't ask questions, and are conditioned to behave because of the constant use of violence against them as children.

Maybe I should move, but from my perspective. Other countries are starting to do the same thing, some slower than others. Some faster. This isn't freedom.
    This is a systematic oppression against children.

I didn't ask to be born vicki. This world is too cruel to live in. Everyday is just prolonged suffering to me, and some others. Because I just cant fix my psychological problems no matter what assistance I get. And because of these problems I just can't create real life long lasting relationships outside of the internet. I am a lonely person who cannot get any love from anyone. And this is because my mother could not receive some extra cash when she had me, and get me the help I needed to grow healthy.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

i dont really see it as the uneducated ruling over the intellectuals... quite the opposite

12. BigTeef

Its a terminology of the rich and powerful creating slaves of uneducated people because of the constant destruction of chances for them to grow.
    They don't directly control them, but make them very easy to influence because they don't ask questions.
    They want to control a population of people who cannot critically think and help themselves.

I don't like to think this is true because of how tinfoil it is, but its the only thing I can come up with in reasons of stunting your populations chance to strive, grow, and be somebody.
    I just want to feel loved for once, and experience happiness. Create a family to replace the one I never had. But no matter how hard I strive to be a better person.

My programming stops me.
    The memories flood in from my childhood, and all my mistakes play in my head. Ruling over me.
    If my mother had that extra money, she wouldn't of needed an abusive sugar daddy to pay for everything. Giving me a real chance of being a kid instead of being forced to grow up at age 9 and accept everything is awful.

This is where all that yelling comes from, how I can spontaneously be a giant fucking retard in a videogame.
    Is this real enough for you people yet? Because this is the consequences of choosing a party that limits the choices people have to survive.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

i think they believe what the say, in that they believe its immoral. however it has its basis in wanting people to be stupid and easy to control so they can get voted in easy. it just so happens that its pretty easy to brainwash yourself into believing that you thought the first thing first, because everyone wants to believe they are such a good person

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872062159789985792
    remember everyone how qatar was the country that funded salafi islam and where all the 911 hijackers came from. ahhh yes..... the smartest president!

14. BigTeef

I am too depressed to even look at stupid shit trump said.
    In-fact it depresses me even more that we have to deal with this for 4 years.

I want to go my box I had in my closet as a kid and just sleep.
    You couldn't hear the yelling in there.

15. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

8 MORE YEARS!
    [​IMG]

16. Space_Oddity

Like I said. Obvious confirmation bias. The more polite way of saying clutching at straws. I'll say that at least kidpaler has some level of sentience, actually responding with some sort of meaning. That other one that we're not allowed to accurately critique is just an intellectual black whole. It's like that scene in the Simpsons where Skinner shows the grades of the kids that sit around Bart.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The thing with their political stance is thats its based on lies and deceits and not knowing anything about real facts.
    We've had in depth discussions and all it comes down to is me giving them actual statistics about what is going on and them going, nah we dont believe you cause of X bullshit reason being "u dont live in the states you cant know whats going on" or "well your stats are false because it comes from this source and thats totally not credible" or many other ridiculous onprovable reasons.
    They have political stances they base on pure subjective feeling instead of actual objective facts.

So instead of an actual debate with real arguments this thread basicly turned out into a mockery of republican voters who are uninformed and have plain old dumb reasons to be republican. Its like talking to anyone on the streets about nuclear science when they barely have a grasp of why it rains or how chemical/physical reactions work. Theyll just go -> hey but look at fukushima/chernobyl. Without understanding the deeper and more profound INDIRECT effects of nuclear energy. People who are uninformed can never think farther than the direct results of a policy.
    I have had political debates with a real american republican who actually has an IQ thats not near a 100 and he gives good reasons to be republican that isnt just about guns criminality immigration terrorism.

The only reasons those problems are so big is because the republican party knows thats what ordinary ( read not smart people ) care about even though it doesnt affect them as much as public transport or public infrastructure/services. People like to be scared and people like to be emotional, they dont fucking care about boring actual life impacting stuff. They only care that a 100 people died in their country from people oversees blowing up bombs. But hey thats much scarier than 1 person dying every 53 minutes because someone else was DUI -> total deaths 9976. Thats more deaths in a year from dumb people doing dumb shit than the total terrorist death toll in the entire history of your country. You're 40000 time more like to die from a side effect of a prescription drug than from a terrorist attack . But americans love to be scared so they care more about the terrorists than cold hard boring facts. Why cry over the fact that your government is going to dick over 23 million peoples life insurance when you can cry over a few deaths DIRECTLY from terrorism. ( another great example of dumb republicans not being able to see the indirect effects of cutting 23 million people off life insurance, more people are going to DIE because of that then people will die from terrorist attacks for probably the rest of your life )

tldr: dumb people cant comprehend complex problems and shouldnt get to vote. #DemocracyIsForLosers #TechnocracyPlease

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I agree with everything you say, which is kind of my point.
    I said this thread is garbage because I think it has become totally unproductive and personal.
    As you said, it's turned into a mockery of people, though sure there's been some reasonable discussion at times.

The way people are talking to each other needs toning down. You can make your point without being a bell end & if someone doesn't take it on board you don't need to take it to heart, it's the internet and people love to double down.

You can take it as me white knighting, or being neutral to get poxy forum votes but that's not it. I just think there is way too much shade being thrown about.
    It's not about the politics - I'm not saying people shouldn't challenge each other on issues, it's about how you go about it. If it can't be somewhat civilized then it's a problem, this isn't a political forum.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  19. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

But the reason why we react the way we do is because it IS personal. Believes and oppinions about politics are personal and when this thread is suppose to be political in its nature and with arguments, facts, debates. One cant just come in like some people here, throw around some wild accusation and when rebutalled go, nah I dont believe you, ill just keep my beliefs based on false facts but tell you you're wrong anyway. If you do that you undermine the entire reason for this thread and then you get called out on and indure personal attacks.

20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

If you are demonstrably right, and someone still doubles down then it isn't any longer a discussion is it.
    You can leave it at that, but when you then go on to ridicule, bait out replies, slap yourself on the back it's nothing but a self gratifying circle jerk.