Empires League Game #1 3rd of june - 20:00 BST - 19:00 UTC - 13:00 PST - 16:00 EST

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, May 6, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 06/03/17
  1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Kidpaler/trump was there? I didn't see him on the scoreboard ever. And for some reason I was certain he was on be's team as co-captain with paradox and x. I feel mislead for some reason...

Even if things weren't 100% great I did think jekotia was doing well the first round, I think we had a solid chance. It just seems like brenodia got in tanks and was able to push more effectively at the end and that just cinched it for them. I wanted to complain about tanks being poop to drive but I feel certain the other team was the same difficulties. 2nd round was pretty bad for jekotia though, we just weren't able to effectively push as squads anywhere I think. I want to say it felt like brenodia's squad work got stronger as the first round went on and was solid in the second round, while jekotia's just kinda deteriorated when it felt sorta hopeless, during the second round there was a little too much talk of not really wanting a second round so I think morale was just kinda dead after the first round. It's a shame too, it wasn't a bad first round at all.

Minato likes this.
  2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Back on the original shit. I even said it right there.
    I don't think this League is good for Empires, dude, I know the games are fucking fun. It's why we have people who disliked the event as I do and still participated.

But if you wanna use real-life stuff, here, it's fucking cocaine to me, it's fun when you are under the effect, but what next?

So allow me to correct myself, this isn't even an internet ego party that I don't like, it's an internet ego party that I don't like and I think it hurts the game in the end.

If I am to help, using your words, it's like I am helping the mugger who just fainted to wake up so he can continue mugging you. That's to me.

EDIT : Honestly I probably should continue to play on BE, and stomp NF even harder, but then that's knocking out the mugger myself.

Commissar SovietShark would be him.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

He keeps changing his name, thank god steam lets me put nicknames on people so I can keep track of this shit.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I'm Commissar SovietShark.

Also, we never had a chance. No coordination really and people just kind of going all over. Spike asked me from the beginning to join NF, which I regret because I have him blocked, and played solely because I was like "Fuck it, it's been a while."

Never in my time in Empires did I feel more hopeless from the start. It was a shit fest. 20 minutes of waiting for me to get absolutely raped just absolutely ruined it. We had no chance from the start. It was a shit fest. Organization was shot, despite us having a coherent plan. If you did listen, you couldn't hold back because it was an absolute rape fest against us. I remember holding the hill of all places and it was nearly impossible to hold it because we were getting destroyed from "No mans land"... no team should get destroyed there.

Edit: Also throw in the fact that Lawliet had the NF comm walled in on the second round and Spike was screaming at everyone to kill spawn to main because a squad got there... despite the fact we had an APC and the enemy comm walled. Lawliet was asking for killspawns, which could have ended the game, but Spike overruled him and told him to shut up. After telling him to shut up, he then said later on "Well why didn't you say anything lawliet?". The game was an absolute shit show.

5. BigTeef

Senor said there was beat boxing, can you confirm this?

6. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I can confirm. But the whole shitshow of Senor switching and X throwing a hissy fit made the whole situation worse.

After the first round, no one cared anymore on Jekotia. We just wanted to have fun at that point... at least thats how it seemed. Organization got even worse second round with more of a "fuck it" playstyle after we lost a lot of our players due to the absolute rape the first round.

Needless to say, I think getting an "even" match up in terms of numbers will be quite hard this next time. Anyone who has asked how it went I have told them it was an absolute shit show and to steer clear because of how bad it was. Balance the shit or its going to fail.

7. BigTeef

People always stealing my goddamn squadmates.
    Take quigon next time, he wanted to commit suicide because I insisted we attack the hill from the lake and just throw our bodies at it until it gave.

8. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

That really pissed me off. The fact that your team would HAPPILY accept our guy, after we told him our whole plan.... only to be met with a fucking 7 minute pause and an argument of "YOU CANT HAVE HIM, HE SIGNED UP FOR MY TEAM!"

300 seconds at the start. Thats all you get. Quit fucking pausing it or I can go back and play normal Empires and have just as much fun because its a game I don't want to have a heartattack over.

Minato likes this.
  9. BigTeef

Why the fuck are you having a heart attack, just scream at people. It's good for your stress relief.

I told them to hand over turnip seeing as he knew our plan but people said the teams would still be unbalanced.
    I didn't feel like arguing, I canceled the charlie squad plan of holding boats and decided to camp islands.

10. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It's the fact that the "league" is taken as serious as real life. That's what is heart attack inducing, figuratively.

It's a game. It's not worth stressing the fuck out over. The fact that Naokip put in over an hour of work into helping organize is amazing. I boot this up to have fun. I help noobies and see them go from being absolute pieces of shit to knowing how to make a tank and not being bottom of the leader board. I find that fun. I find doing a last ditch APC rush I know won't work fun. I find holding out in an impossible situation where there are more enemies than me fun (32v32). I find driving tanks around doing whatever the fuck I want fun. I find harassing the comm to get arty fun.

I don't find this league fun. Lots of stress for nothing. All that's going to happen is next year the league organizer will make 2 brand new steam groups and its completely wiped off the board. I don't take this game super serious, it's probably why I'm an admin on memehouse who plays the USSR national anthem at the start of each round and has fun making shitty maps. Call me a retard, unnecessary stress aint fun. Especially when its totally out of my control.

Edit: I do take some situations serious but it's not like 100% serious. Only when I'm commanding do I get moderately upset, but even then if there are retards not listening to me it's just a "well fuck it".

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm not playing in the following weeks either. Exams are coming and the only reason I joined has been avoiding contact for the last few weeks for reasons unknown.

Minato likes this.
  12. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

eh, horrible games on horrible maps with horribly annoying and complex organisation.

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Man I feel like the jekotia team was such a shitshow, BE was quite well organised and squads were doing their job perfectly

14. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Yea, it is really easy for your squads to do their jobs when your team is horribly stacked. But what do I know?

It's going to be the same thing over and over again, each game resulting in Brenodi Victory. It will remain being unfun for Jekotia, especially if more and more people leave.

League went to shit when unbalanced teams were allowed to happen.

Edit: Jekotia wasn't shittily organized either. Props to naokip. We had a research plan, a commander, squads all laid out, positions for where they should go. We simply were just overrun by superior players on Brenodi, which is why this league is so bad.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I thought it was going alright first game when we were constantly ahead on tickets, then like last 5 minutes we ran through like 20 of them. I also didn't think we had much of a chance to win in a standard fashion but seeing the ticket lead made me think we could at least hold out until be just lacked alive players.

I didn't think squad play was too bad either, but then again maybe bravo squad was doing better then I thought? I will admit it kinda sucked when lightning went off to eat for like 5-8 minutes, being down a squad guy and one that actually wants to give orders kinda sucks, but it wasn't the end.

I don't get the hate for palm here, especially in a more organized type of game like this. It's like an open map but much easier to sneak around as inf because of the water, so many place to sneak in from. There's just so much you can do here, it's quite shocking people weren't making the most of it. I almost regret not actually taking comm seat that second round to free up spike from it and help direct people on this map, but I know from a game recently played we would have lost way faster because I'm so damn rusty, when you weren't even great to begin with it's kinda shit.

Honestly thought commissar shark was someone else, because I swear the voice was different... and had a euro ping.

16. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

The server was a Euro Server. Idk how I get 80 ping on a Euro server. It makes no sense to be as I'm not even on the east coast.

Also, Charlie squad did what we were told... just holding. I don't understand why we wouldn't push but whatever. It was stupid as we were overran by superior players. Game was unfun from the start.

17. Paradox

Idk why you guys didnt try a tactic that wasnt standard empires. It was just send a squad all directions and see where it goes. Wont work for your team. You need to actually use a strategy

18. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

We did.

There was plenty of strategy, people calling out for flanks but again, your team was impossible for us to go against. We couldn't compete. All our strategy was outdone by your team because you simply have better players.

From your perspective, we didn't because we were basically a doormat to you guys. And I'm going to tell you, being a doormat is extremely unfun.

19. Paradox

Rushing an apc, which didnt even have scout vehicle detection, over and over again via the SAME route isnt really a tactic also only 1 squad spawned like you said.

20. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

That was round two I believe where we essentially gave up because 4 good players quit. Morale was super low and we all were at the "we don't give a shit" stage. Second game was honest to god terrible for us but I didn't care I just wanted to play because I don't like waiting 20 fucking minutes for a round to start. If you guys are going to continue, ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING PAUSES TO "GET SHIT TOGETHER". You should have done that before. You get 300 seconds to go and thats it. If something comes up, deal with it. I know this pissed off SO many people, especially over stupid pauses to argue about a teammate switching so we can finally go instead of sitting there in Limbo. I came on to play, not sit around with my dick in my hand. I do that on my own time.

Tactics were amazing on first game, but we simply couldn't compete because its stacked to hell.