Empires League Game #1 3rd of june - 20:00 BST - 19:00 UTC - 13:00 PST - 16:00 EST

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, May 6, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 06/03/17
  1. Neoony

Neoony Member

And yeah.
    I gotta say, for how it was organized, we had pretty good rounds. IMO

But I dont wanna start some drama, if I would extend this conversation xD
    So yeah... xD
    It was fine xD

Kudos for the ones who cared to get this thing going. :)

A lot of thanks also goes for the plugins like votetime which make all of this much more easier and provide freedom from few tiny things to care about...and we need more of them. ;)

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I can't describe how mad that made me, well not very but damn was I so close to reviving hopfi who was waiting right there.

Games mostly went how I thought it was going to go, but I really didn't expect to be unable to drive a tank at all. I attempted to drive an apc and as soon as I tried to run over a bunch of people from behind it went into a slide show and I basically got stuck on a ref, I was not amused. Mostly from not hitting a single person, but getting yelled at for not getting in tanks when I couldn't didn't help either.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I wont be showing up to the next one. The slideshowness of the league made it impossible for me to drive a tank. Couple this with little to no coordination and the 20 minutes round intervals, I'd rather just play Empires.

I was on the fence about the league, now I know I stand firmly in the "I don't want it" category. Oh yea, and it was scheduled on a Saturday, that shit is bad. The people who planned it complained that testing shouldn't take place on a Saturday but then schedule the league on a Saturday. We would have had a 32v32 had the league not happened and when the league occurred population actually dropped. Sure in PUB Empires not everyone listens, but usually when theres a 32v32 theres enough vets on that it negates the noobs who are retarded and don't listen.

Edit: Oh, another thing that pissed me off was the fact that when BE was down a player, one of our players, Vixen, went over. He had already heard our plan. Then, when WE were down a player and Senor joined it was a huge bitchfit because "He signed up for Brenodi" and "No team switching allowed" yet the other team freely accepted our guy who already had heard our plan.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Neoony and Sgt.Security like this.
  4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Okay, someone fired the first shot. Here I am.

There's quite a few reasons that kicked me away from game 1.
    I am always in the "I don't want it" category, I think I can move myself further into "I don't want it AND I don't want to play it".

0: The games are 3AM for me. Normally, I don't care, but it gets really disencourging when I have found reasons to not play, look below.
    1: It's stacked, I am amazed that NF didn't bring this up before/after game 1, but now with Kidpaler quitting(one of the really few top-tier-2~tier 1 player on NF), the teams are officially so fucking stacked now. I think it's safe to say NF's winrate has descended by another 5~10%.
    2: I think weekly event is really bad for Empires regular population and I will stand with this, I am not interested in "assisting" you guys to kill Empires regular population in the long run. This goes to everyone who also thinks the League is bad for Empires as well, quit the drugs, I know the games are really attractive but still.
    3: "Nope don't test on Saturday but let's host our superior restricted events on Saturday".
    4: I like 90% of the Brenodians, I really do, but there's just that 1~2 guys that I refuse to fulfill their ego by helping them.

In short, I don't think I still have the motivation to play on 4AM, against a team that has ~10% winrate, kill Empires and boost the ego of a few guys while I am at it.

BE, you will win every single game and don't feel happy about that, it's because you are stacked to shit.
    NF, here's how you play this League from now on : Try special things. I'd say 80% of your already-pathetic winrate is made up of "special things". Don't even bother with the regular game, your winrate is so fucking pathetic with that.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Basically page 9 and up.
    https://forums.empiresmod.com/index...7-sign-up-and-information-thread.20916/page-9

[​IMG]

Told you idiots this would happen. Guess what.
    It fucking did. Pull names from a fucking hat and suck it up already.
    Everyone will always put their self interests first, and use petty reasons to avoid other teams. Especially me, I am king petty.
    Force them on teams, they don't have a choice.

I fucking hate paradox but I played the game and listened to his cringe battle plans because that was who the team elected to command.
    If I can suck it up, so can you kids.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

A post on Apr 18?
    No thanks, "WE" figured that out back in late-March, in a forums conversation that you are not included.

I was just waiting for someone to fire the first shot.

7. BigTeef

Well im the fucking person who verbalized it and posted it.
    So your prediction doesn't mean shit if you didn't bother to warn people.

8. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It's not just me either. I know a LOT of people were super demoralized after that. The squad I was in I think came to the consensus of "This isn't worth it" because it was just so fucking bad.

Teef, you switched from NF to BE claiming NF was stacked. NF was raped. Twice.

Edit: The match was terrible. The slideshow was terrible. It was worse than normal Empires. I'd just rather play a 32v32 and have that feeling of "Oh shit we are being overwhelmed and there is little I can do" rather than play a smaller match that is going to give me a heartattack.

9. BigTeef

I cant switch back to BE because you only get one. Yell at spike.

I switched teams back when NF was down players and I wanted to play the league match soon as possible and stopped caring about team balancing because I knew this would happen. Frankly im suprised I actually got a winning horse for once. Usually when I team switch, the team I switch too losses. Every fucking time.

So I guess I got lucky.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I am pretty sure half the Brenodians(at least the chain of command) KNEW it's stacked, like, since the beginning.

I don't care about the other side and that's how much I don't care about the wellness of this whole event.

11. BigTeef

GLAD YOU PEOPLE DID SOMETHING ABOUT TO FIX THIS INSTEAD OF LETTING THE WHOLE THING CRASH AND BURN.
    I TOLD YOU PEOPLE BEFORE IT WAS VISIBLY STACKED, YOU PEOPLE DIDEN'T LISTEN.

SO THIS IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF IGNORING THE AUTISTIC GINGER WHO SCREAMS AT VIDEOGAMES.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think the League is bad for Empires to begin with.

I am not gonna crash it intentionally, but when I see it's about to crash, I am not gonna try to save it.

13. BigTeef

I just want good games man.
    I want to earn my wins, and my losses. Not them being dictated because of bugs, team balancing, and latency.

If joining the league gives me good matches, I will sign up for it.
    I got a team that communicated, listened to the commander, and tired their best regardless of skill.

I cant even get people to listen to the commander on normal games. I could be the nicest person possible and it wouldn't matter.
    If people want to do leauge matches, teams need to be dictated by RNG or it will be intentionally stacked. Bottom line.

So you watch people drown, watch kids walk into traffic, watch people get mugged or hurt.
    Maybe this is the Chinese mentality over there. But people who watch others intentionally hurt themselves or accidentally without trying to help is disgusting.

Fucking say something, it don't matter if they listen. It's the fact you tried that matters more.
    I rather be the raving idiot that tried than the quiet sociopath who watched it burn.

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You are amazing.
    An internet ego party that I don't like is suddenly on par with people walk into traffic and people get mugged or hurt.

Let me know if you'd kill yourself IRL when this event crashes, I might try to save it.

15. BigTeef

I don't even know how you are developer to be honest. A developer suggesting I kill myself is on par with my pettyness.
    I want candles back but that isn't going to happen in this timeline. He didn't have an ego and plug his ears when told he was wrong. Infact he was very sensitive and willing to hold discussions.

He fixed bugs that your team made worse, and you ignored the warnings of your predecessors.
    So this is where we are now. A game that crashes more than ever, latency issues, maps crashing people because of sprite props, shitty tank combat, and bad research trees.

Yet for some reason, I still play this game.
    No matter much you fuck up this game security, people will play this mess because the people before you did something you can't comprehend. Making the game fun.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

it was stacked like 2 hours into the signup topic being made. nf is the tryhard team and noone wants to play for those types of teams

those types of players gravitate towards themselves and always lose because all the actually good players will not have it

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Nope, never received a warning.

18. BigTeef

Then why is tank predictions on?

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I am not sure about the programmers, but I know it's broken at the same time as you.

You might assume that I am the most experienced player in the dev team that I'd know exactly why the previous developers didn't do anything for whatever reason.

But nope, I never knew about that.

20. BigTeef

Well now you do, atleast push a hotfix and turn those off so servers can stop restarting when tanks fall through maps.
    Beerdude described it as a switch so im assuming this will take 5 minutes to fix.