Empires League Game #1 3rd of june - 20:00 BST - 19:00 UTC - 13:00 PST - 16:00 EST

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spike, May 6, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 06/03/17
  1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

It's not specific to NF and it doesn't happen every game.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

So it is non spesific and random.

Fan fucking tastic, an intermittent problem that appears on not just specific maps. But all of them.
    That doesn't sound like a nightmare at all to figure out, and can easily be fixed in 18 days.

I don't remember this bug during candles playing with the game. It feels like we have gone backwards ever since I came back.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Pretty sure it was already happening during the "candles era" but yeah it's hard to figure out especially since whoever wrote that code is long gone and therefore no one has any idea which part of it is responsible.

4. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Too all those petty little shit stirrers and fucking uninformed idiots trying to say the league is cancelled well it isn't. If it was cancelled i would but an announcement before hand. The league would only be cancelled if the game is unplayable due to a game breaking patch or if attendance isn't sufficient enough to have league games. Also for those people who haven't noticed the first game has been announced on the steam team groups so please check if you can make it or not by posting yes, no or maybe in the discussion so we can get an idea how many people we are going to get.

Jekotians: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Jekotiansleagueteam/discussions/0/1290691308585573472/

Brenodians: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Brenodiansleagueteam/discussions/0/1290691308589813306/

5. BigTeef

According to Thexa the next update is coming either today american or tomorrow European.
    Hopefully these legacy bugs that came back to haunt us are fixed, because they have been a lot more frequent the past few days.

Crashing isn't so bad but can really fuck up a crucial momment, tanks falling through maps are beyond gamebreaking, and being unable to place refs are certain parts of maps is also really bad.
    We can't have sombody babysit the com to place refs for him.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

For some reason I thought for a moment that they would fall through then reappear in the sky, plummeting down back to the ground so they can continue fighting. It sounded like hilarious fun to me.

Hope the first match is a good one, so people are motivated to keep playing a few more rounds. Events like these are good once in awhile, mostly so people can really learn some grade A teamwork... oh who am I kidding vets will stick to each other like glue and those non-grade a team players won't learn jack, but I can still hope gosh darn it.

7. BigTeef

For some reason, the physics mess with the prediction of where the tank is and causes the predicted spot to appear below the tank. Then the tank just simply updates to said position.
    Atleast I think how that works?

Apparently this happens by turning on a switch, to fix this bug you just turn off the switch.
    They could never figure out how to get tank prediction to work so they just kept it off. That is what beer dude told me.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

• Stay constructive, no personal attacks.
    holy shit!

I just came to the realisation; Spike acts like fucking trump LOL

1. He doesnt actually does shit
    2. All he does is talk
    3. When he talks he just calls random people shit stirrers and uninformed idiots -> Like trumps fake news campaign

this is hilarious

all hail donald spike trump

9. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Please stay civil on this forum. I don't want to keep giving warnings, like the post above.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Game came, game went. The server had some noticeable hiccups, but the plays were tight. My POV is coming soon.

11. Neoony

Neoony Member

Did you had any "hiccups" in second round?
    I only had them in first round. But really only for few seconds.
    But it was still better than many recent past pugs, when everyone got together in vehicles.
    But maybe it didnt affect everyone the same way?

So I cant really say that the end game complaints about server not handling it were reasonable enough.
    But thats just from my POV.

There was only a short time I noticed any "hiccups"

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

13. BigTeef

I am uploading mine right now from brenodians perspective.
    Going to put time stamps in the description so you guys can jump to matches, because I got like a lot of pregame footage.

Neoony likes this.
  14. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I could record over your demo and upload it to YouTube if you want.

15. Neoony

Neoony Member

If you really want to :P

Cant say I was doing any good xD
    Or I would do that myself xD

Also...you might find out I use the F menu really often. Which I believe is an issue for demos as you have to close it every time. (unless that was fixed?)
    Unless you disable the whole HUD/UI

But if YOU really want, I got no problem with it.

16. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I recall a few years ago I did run into that problem, I just hit the F key multiple times whenever it would come up because I was going to watch the demo anyways.

I do know there is a way to mess with the UI such that you can remove or make the F menu completely transparent, however I suck at VMF/VMT properties. YOu might have better luck asking Harryhoot or Spike if there is a way to mess with it (or go on FPSBanana and learn it that way).

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

I had a few hiccups in the first round, yes. They weren't debilitating but definitely noticeable.

18. BigTeef

Time stamps in description
    Pregames shows my ugly side but im sure everyone already knew I had one.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

Round 2 tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  20. Neoony

Neoony Member

There are many more issues with recording from demo.
    F menu is one of the small ones.
    The visual "out of sync" bugs are bigger thing. For example mortar usually fly to completely somewhere else than where they really explode. Which is one of the main visual bugs.
    And one of the reasons why I try to not record from demos as much as I can.

So really, if I wanted to record (for further watching) I would do it realtime.
    Especially with my new hardware. Which seems to handle empires great with great reserve for recording.
    I just dont have the recording part set up yet as now my CPU is much stronger than my GPU so I gotta refine my way of recording completely.

But it would be a great help if demos were fixed or also if I could record demos from server side/source tv

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017