2.13.5 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Smithy, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

This is primarily aimed at being a hotfix patch, however there are some script changes that affect vehicle machine guns.

Bugfixes
    • Fix for cannon shells hitting your own tank.
    • Fixed the new HUD element for commander under attack warning not being displayed.
    Script changes
    • Standard Machine Gun
      • Damage increase 12 -> 17
      • Minimal Damage increase 10 -> 13 (Minimum damage after falloff is applied)
      • Clip size increase 50 -> 60
    • Bio Machine Gun
      • Cycle time increase 0.42 -> 0.43
      • Reload time increase 3.5 -> 4
      • Vehicle bio time decrease 3 -> 2.8
    • .50 Caliber Medium Machine Gun
      • Damage increase 15 -> 20
      • Minimal Damage increase 13 -> 16 (Minimum damage after falloff is applied)
    • .50 Caliber Heavy Machine Gun
      • Damage increase 18 -> 23
      • Minimal Damage increase 15 -> 19 (Minimum damage after falloff is applied)
      • Clip size increase 100 -> 120
    • Chain Gun
      • Damage increase 11 -> 14
      • Cycle time decrease 0.043 -> 0.4
      • Minimal Damage increase 8 -> 11 (Minimum damage after falloff is applied)
      • Clip size increase 120 -> 125
    • Medium Chain Gun
      • Damage increase 13 -> 17
      • Cycle time decrease 0.037 -> 0.035
      • Minimal Damage increase 10 -> 12 (Minimum damage after falloff is applied)
      • Clip size increase 160 -> 175

Neoony likes this.
  2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Where the reversal of bad name changes

3. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Glad to see we have the right priorities here. Let's fix things that actually matter first eh?

Just a note from myself; there aren't many developers available this weekend so unfortunately there aren't more changes to improve on the new turret rotation changes.
    I've fixed the shells because that's the main thing I consider game breaking. There are other issues that have been mentioned but I'm a little too busy myself this weekend to address them.

Neoony and Mikleo like this.
  4. Minato

Minato Member

Sorry, but did machineguns really need a damage buff? They just needed realignment with the crosshairs, unless the previous patch already brought their damage down. 50cal already tears through infantry well enough, it was just unnecessarily hard to aim on some vehicles because it was offset.

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Naokip, these damage buffs are after all MGs have been nerfed by in the previous patch. Most if not all anti-personnel MGs' damages have been reduced by some 70%. So the figures you're looking at right now are still barely 50% of the damage the used to do before 2.13.

Which by the way I'm going to post here, even though I've already told Security.

THIS IS STILL NOT ENOUGH!
    .50cal is a joke now.

Like I told you, Security, .50cal is supposed to be "peak your head over the walls, die instantly to .50cal". That's its job, that's why people research it.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

As destroyer said, its litterally 1 line of code in the scripts

7. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Vehicle machine guns should be lag compensated now... Try them for a bit? Then see...

8. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

If this is directed to me, I have tried them, thanks.

9. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Heavy 50.cal is supposed to be "You die instantly as infantry". Its supposed to be the ultimate anti-grenadier weapon.

Medium 50.cal should be the heavy 50.cal but with lower firerate and a tiny bit less damage and more spread. It would be more for killing specific targets compared to the medium chaingun.

Xyaminou likes this.
  10. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Exactly, right now there is no point in researching .50cal, it does less damage than riflemen.

Hell I've been able to survive .50cal pretty easily as a grenadier yesterday. Everyone that researched it, everyone that loved it, is extremely pissed off and agrees that it's shit now, and that patch does not do a good job at fixing it.

I just don't understand why you'd pre-nerf something that you don't know for sure is going to be an issue. We could have tested the lag-compensated MGs with normal damage this week-end but instead we got fucking shit rubber bullets and therefore no idea if actually makes a difference or not.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

We have already tested with proper lag compensation and original script, like, quite a while ago.
    And yeah, even std MG/CG could kill anyone within literally 0.5 sec.

A pre-nerf is a must.

There's two directions to approach the balance point, from above or from below.
    The game is less broken with MGs not doing much than MGs being OP. (If you disagree then we are two horizontal lines.)

So I am approaching it from below.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  12. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Oh really, you had a 25vs25 testing session? Wow didn't know we had so many testers, glad to hear it!

13. Silk

Silk Mapper

Just putting it here cause ... where else.

Drove around in a heavy tank (NF) today to test a small area of a new map for bugs. I don't know what changed through the years, but whatever it was I liked it. The vehicle sound was much better, firing sounds as well, but it must be more than that. It felt much more like a real tank. It even seemed like there were 50% more weapons to choose from than back in the days, although name changes might have influenced this impression.

To me it was a very satisfying surprise.

Thexa4 and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  14. complete_

complete_ lamer

Thank you for posting the actual script changes. We can actually discuss it now, and we are! Too bad we cant see the original 2.13 changes.
    buff mgs
    mgs are balanced by the fact that they cost weight and vehicles are losing out placing their stronger mls/cannons or armor on their tanks

also change the dumb name back to normal

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

There is an entire spectrum between "no testing" and "full server testing".

16. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Looks like the testing was sgt.security with very low health getting killed by an MG and then getting mad so he changed the scripts.

Heck, even back in the days the MG/CG did pitiful amounts of damage. I used HE cannon instead of the CG because CG was so weak. I usually had to shoot for 2 seconds before the enemy would be heavily weakened or dead. Thats long. Very long. CG needed a buff.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The reason it killed enemies so slowly was the lack of prediction. If you caught someone standing still, an infantry unit would melt in under a second - each hit's damage was in the high teens, and with the insane cycle time, six-seven hits were delivered before they could react. 50Cal needed three or four hits, where a player would die before the server told them the machine gun was being fired. Problems started the moment they started moving and you had to compensate in your head, ignoring visual feedback.

18. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Thank you for the fix much appreciated

Thexa4, Avatarix and Xyaminou like this.
  19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's like you never used CG/std MG once in your life to know just how much shots you can land, if the shots suddenly register normally.

"Last played on 27 Apr".
    I am not gonna say you are right or wrong, but, you just took a wild guess there.

Even if MGs are actually underfed, it's not "you knew about that", it's "you guessed that 50/50 thing right."

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

and i didnt even play that time. im basing my opinion on what the past version was. i know the past versions had mgs that for the most part worked. std took about 5 seconds to kill someone and i havent seen 50 cal used in a while but i assume it was very quick (as it should be)

why do you want a version where its easier to get a kill with cannons than using the actual anti-infantry weapon?