2.13.4 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Thexa4, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Ok lets use semantics to cover our asses, thats going to proof your point real nice.
    Anyway, anyone can see here how futile and stuborn you are defending your "unimportant" change.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

If you really need a rephrasing, here: I am more than willing to pull my support for this change if a convincing argument is raised.

3. Avatarix

WAT ABOUT MACHINEGUNS?????
    what dark thoughts were about nerfing .50cal into death? we introduce giant buffs to gren in short time and to counterbalance it even more we decrease the damage that anti-infantry machineguns can deal to grens?
    if you want to go to go from "tanks shoot tanks and rekt inf" to "tanks support infantry with heavy guns but are really weak and need support fromthem all the time" in such a short time the game is going to break
    also,if you want to go that way you should decrease movement speed of vehicles too :3

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

the argument is that its a grenade
    another argument is that its a useless name change
    another argument is that its a bad name
    the whole change is the second word

Xyaminou likes this.
  5. Avatarix

if i change name of my dick into cock will i have my own patch and a great discussion on it?

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

Go look up my answers to each of those arguments, they're somewhere in the thread already. You took the time to look up two of my posts already, do me a solid and find the rest.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

only if you call it a semen exhibitor (it means to manifest or display! this word choice is logical)

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Guys, fix the fucking game.
    Names don't mean shit if the fucking thing is unplayable.

Literately everything should be higher on the list than fucking name changes.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  9. Avatarix

how can we guys fix the game? no code
    only beg devs for their holy blessing or smth

10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Implying that the guy changing the name of a thing is the same guy doing the coding.

(It's not)

11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Do you not see yourself how stupid it is for you to ask people for convincing arguments? Litterally every argument to convince you is blocked by you saying how unimportant the change is or how the second word doesnt matter. You arent a dumb person, youre just acting dumb cause you seem to be invested in your own work to deeply, which was litterally almost no work.

12. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

So what you are saying is that you are coding the game and everything ever is your fault?

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

Are you asking me to come up with arguments against my own statement? I kind of ran through a number in my head when considering an apt name a long time ago. I came to the widely known conclusion. I'm not going to play both sides in this discussion, this is not how those work. But to disprove your followup claim, here is a post of mine from the beginning of the thread, providing an answer to two of complete's arguments* already:

The third, "being a bad name", has been discussed over a multitude of posts from a logical standpoint. The subjective standpoint of "I don't like it" isn't really up for debate. De gustibus non disputandum est.

I did say that a change to the second word is relatively unimportant. That is because of this fact:

This doesn't necessarily apply to the small portion of new players that decide to read at least the names of their equipment. Which loops back to arguments 1 and 2.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

not all grenades are fragmentation grenades boom argument roasted

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

I never said they are. Please avoid straw men.

16. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

I see that still people are discussing about engy grenade name change.
    So Mr. Destroyer, can i try show my """research""" (i'm not that good at it) why new people can mislead it for being normal grenade? because name don't gonna change people minds without model change. I can show what i think about that with pictures but it needs new post/edit post to continue discussion.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

ad hominem

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

19. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

So i gonna go with new post instead to continue notification preference, than invisible edits.
    1. Roots of Berondi confusion.
    As far we know, seismic grenade in engineer hands looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    It have:

• The pull ring,
    • Cylindrical model,
    • Seismic writing on texture.
    That looks near similar to other grenade in game:
    [​IMG]
    It have:

• The pull ring,
    • Cylindrical model,
    • HE (High Explosive) writing on texture
    For someone who just jump in it look identical, but that isn't all. Empires actually is standalone mod for Half life 2 and that game have another, cylindrical grenade...
    2. Meet the origins
    Half life 2 universe have its own explosive grenade know to many people from Gordon Freeman adventures or Half life 2: Deadmatch :
    [​IMG]
    This is grenade in HL2
    It have:

• The lever,
    • Cylindrical model
    • Very dirty green texture with weakly visible markings
    It looks little different but cylindrical looks instantly gives player from HL2 experience that this thing is a grenade. There is more. Origin of this model is real grenade.
    MK3A2 Grenade:
    [​IMG]
    It have:
    • The Pull ring,
    • Cylindrical model
    • It looks similar to every above one.
    3. How we can fix that confusion?
    My idea to fix confusion for someone playing rifleman and confusing Engy grenades with those HE ones is changing model of those to more, "less HE grenades" visual. Best would be something more "Electric using" with visible lighting, full color change of textures and visible horizontal "Anti-Construction Grenade". I think mostly players can compare HL2 grenade to any berondi grenade and lack of difference between HE and Seismic is issue. If i remember well, NF ones don't have any markings, engy one is just more narrow in shape. Mostly name change don't gonna give that much what is expected as changing the model of thing.
    I hope i didn't f up my ""Engrish"" too much.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Avatarix and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

sry to say, but thats not solution thats just naming the problem.

the question is HOW would something visually say "this hurts buildings but not infantry"?
    a texture with "anti construction grenade" on is a start, but i question that it is what makes it obvious.