2.13.4 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Thexa4, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Teef your avatar is nauseating

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

This isn't even my final form.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

nah not really. its just very annoying placing it in hammer if you have ocd like me

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

There are three imp_crate models. One gives you chest-high cover which you can easily shoot over when crouching. One is about human height and, given the way firing is handled (from your viewport), you can shoot at anything that sticks out above it while being almost completely behind cover. One is taller than the player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgu0vtrwzha6j3q/Screenshot 2017-04-28 00.17.25.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxg5bkhdhou9zad/Screenshot 2017-04-28 00.18.58.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h98vbn4wrjhf0wd/Screenshot 2017-04-28 00.22.32.png?dl=0

The ICA-style crates like the infamous district ones are textured brushes.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I wonder who is responsible for actually naming this shit. Do you guys just go around look in a random phsyics book and pick out a fancy sounding name?

I dont really care about the name change but holy moley does it sound fucking bad to ask someone to throw a seizmic resonator. Lol.
    That doesnt sound at all like it would destroy a building since most of us dont have a fucking degree in what ever the fuck you need to understand what a resonator is, and that it might potentially kill a building.

Might aswel call it a seizmic laparatomy if we just throwing around fancy names lol

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

too much caffeine teef? Your avatar is a bit jumpy ;)

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

You may or may not be sure of the exact definition of a resonator, but you are fully aware that an open stomach surgery has nothing to do with seismics.

Speaking of which, you call them just "seismics" anyways, you don't use the second word, whatever it is.

8. Paradox

Thats the entire point. I have no clue what a resonator is or does, but it doesnt sound like it destroys buildings.

Neither does a normal plebian know what a laparatomy is.

Also everyone keeps saying the second word doesnt matter since we say seizmics anyway, isnt it much more logical to just call it "seizmic building only destroyer, doesnt damage people, but sometimes it does 1-2 damage" then?

9. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Honestly. Probably a prime opportunity to introduce Resonator weaponry for vehicles. Could be focused on building destruction.

VulcanStorm and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  10. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Do you mean like resonator cannons and missiles? I wondered whether giving it to an APC would work... The grenade launcher slot is underused. Also, which research tree?

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

We also had this issue come up with incubator tanks/missiles, where folks raised concerns that a machine for raising early born babies has little to do with biological weapons. The name has unfamiliar meaning that I hope will grow to be fitting what's there already.

The expanded name suggested is actually what the description of the device contains already.

Edit @VulcanStorm: Electrical? It feels like it would fit there.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  12. Paradox

Yeah but people knew incubator had something to do with raising early what ever. They can probably imagine raising a parasite instead of a baby, even though babies are basicly parasites.

However, a resonator wth is that, I know what to resonate is, that is something with sound or whatever, but what does seizmic and sound have to do with killing buildings, I mean, theres fucking blue lightning bolts coming out of the grenade when u throw it. sounds invisible broskis

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

not just sound, vibrations in general.

14. Paradox

in a form of a blue lightning bolt?

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

16. Paradox

Okeee dude, if you really wanna circle jerk yourself that badly go ahead. But you're pretty much wrong.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's "seismic" resonator.

Now that you got me thinking, does the word "grenade" actually help you understand its target?

Concussion (grenade)
    Smoke (grenade)
    High Explosive (grenade)

Keep in mind we are not altering seismic's model, it still looks like other grenades, you use it as a grenade.
    This would be my last reply on this topic. Reasons have been delivered.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  19. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

I do believe there needs to be a hotfix or a revert as soon as possible or the game will be unplayable over the weekend.

20. Paradox

Do you guys not get my point, my point is seismic is what ever makes it clear that its like an earthquake so it destroys buildings. Concussion gives people concussions logical, smoke gives smoke, high explosive has a high explosion what ever. Why not just stick with grenade.
    Then I Read the arguments and you guys basicly imply the second part being grenade is uninmportant since seizmic is the important part -> so I made fun of you guys by suggesting laparatomy and some stupid ass building destroying what ever.

My entire point is that your change is fucking useless and just adds random words behind seizmic that doesnt really change anything for new people since resonance isnt really a frequently used word or what ever the fuck. So why change it in the first place if you think the 2nd word is unimportant. Just keep it consequently grenade like in the 4 other grenades.

Otherwise change all of em. Concussion boombox, smoke concert blower, high explosive c4. ( this is a joke, Im making a fool out of the people who decided to change it )

t