Aerial Vehicle drops

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TheLiberalElitist, Apr 27, 2017.

1. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

So this is a very simple idea, give the commander the ability to drop a vehicle at a any location close to a living player. The benefits to gameplay would be giving the commander more options to play with when deciding player movement and tactics.

Also another suggestion that ties in with this idea would be to give squad leaders the ability to only be able to call down an APC to there location at the cost of squad points and resources.

The counter to this idea would be cost and the opposing team would see a vehicle falling from the sky. However this could be negligible because if the player or squad is undetected by the opposing team you could drop vehicles without harassment.

Some points:
    1. 1-2 minute cooldown for the use of a aerial drop
    2. Resources for the vehicle drop would be double the cost of the tank
    3. Must have a Vehicle factory and radar dropped and full built
    4. Can only drop in the range of a living player.
    5. The decent of the vehicle from the sky would be some what the common speed of a player parachuting.
    6. The vehicle can be destroyed midair, when destroyed the parachuting effect would be lost.
    7. The vehicle the commander deploys can be built to his specs. The squad leader APC however should be configurable to an extent.
    8. The commander should be able to lock the Squad leaders from using the Aerial drop option, to prevent resource drain and abuse.

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I'd say they also have to have the airfield placed for the dropship to place something.

Also, with this, could we get fly overs for buildings being dropped? IE, you request a building and a plan immediately flys across the map and boom, building placed.

3. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Guided, Salvo Nukes - that will make the game better.

flasche likes this.
  4. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Ok that's just silly

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Airdropped APCs would be used to exploit the maps a lot (spawn point).
    Maybe have it so one has to enter it before it acts as a spawnpoint?

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

if we get airdropped vehicles, we gotta have airdropped buildings
    not unless the maps are not up to date on their vehicleclips/playerclips. or do i not understand what you're trying to say?

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why would it need vehicle drops? because the game isnt chaotic enough already?

oh look comm im in the enemy base quick drop me an apc and a heavy each minute for the dudes spawning in it. but oh no, its twice the costs when some maps only have a total of 26res per second (leaving out the multiplyer) - super balanced, great suggestion ...

get your lazy ass to a vf.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Many maps I would expect don't have vehicle clips everywhere because there's no real way to even nine mine the things up, like on top of the nf side building on streets, right next to their main. I already cry a little when a competent squad gets up there, it's nearly gg for nf at that point unless it's late game and we have nukes.

9. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Like most suggestions, people jump to the cynical response without really looking at the proposal. which is to be expected.

How do you really know it's would be unbalanced if it's never been tested before?

Ok if you fear a heavy falling out of the sky while next to the enemy CV then restrict the drop distance to only be able to drop the vehicle in an area not close to the opposing building or player in a certain range.

The cooldown could be longer

Also the vehicle selection could be limited to mediums., AFV, jeep and APCs.

BF2 and BF4 have vehicle drops and it never feels OP, and the reason why is does not because the vehicles that are dropped can be easily destroyed. Although comparing Battlefield to Empires is basically apples and oranges I list Battlefield because the idea could be retooled for Empires.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. MartinPL

MartinPL Member

I gonna leave that Empires started as Battlefield 1942 mod so.... many things from BF series can fit into empires, only thing is need to make it to game and test it.

Xyaminou likes this.
  11. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I am aware of that fact.

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I only remember dropping jeeps in bf2, 4 I can't remember but even if it is a tank it's bf4, a tank isn't really enough to cause some massive base destruction because there's no bases in battlefield.

I'd support air dropping jeeps, definitely not apcs and very hesitant on anything greater then a light tank.