UK General Election June 8th 2017!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Allahu Akbar?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2017.
  1. Ja

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

She did it!

[​IMG]

The glorious United Kingdom is having a round of fresh elections, so her sexy PM Theresa May can go into Brexit talks with full support of the country.

But hold a moment, we should not forget the claims that the Britons did not actually want to leave the EU, that they misvoted, that they were not informed, that the silent majority just did not participate in the referendum. Well, friends of polish plumbers, here is your chance,

MAKE THE ELECTION A SECOND VOTE ABOUT BREXIT.

Liberal Democrats are the most fanatic EU-lovers in the UK, surely they will win 50%+, as the will of the British people was so misrepresented in a democratic referendum. I personally can not wait for them to draw on their full potential in the election. Together with immigration supporter and labour candidate Jeremy Corbyn, they will staunchly defeat those dirty nationalists and join Merkel's caliphate in one way or the other.

Here are the poll results from before the election was announced:

Tory 44%
    Labour 26%
    Libtards 12%
    UKIP 11%
    SNP 4%

Source

Also let's not forget the front runner for the "Stop Brexit" campaign, everyone's darling and totally not a war criminal Tony B. He is the perfect representation of what the EU and the globalists stand for.

A-z-K likes this.
  2. Major Cleve Cutler

Major Cleve Cutler Member

well at the very least, Britain will probably be in a better position than the United States

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the uk invoked article 50 of the treaty on european union last month (29.03). there is no formal exit process from that.

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Stoopid Earoupeens trying to make me use their monopoly money. Time to double down lads! UKIP FTW.
    No more minorities stealing our minimum wage anti-social hours jobs!
    Shut down the airports, there's no reason to leave Great Britain.

Ha Ha suckers! We'll be the envy of Europe just as soon as we cut off all comminucations and start fishing again. Our fish will blot out the sun!
    And get rid of all that human rights nonsense, I can't wait to exploit poor people again.

5. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

With my civil servant hat on.... 3 months with no work! Yay

Odds on a Tory win are currently 2:9! The timing made me laugh... my local Labour MP has a majority of less than 1,500 votes and our labour council forced fortnightly bin collections on us literally last week. Its like the winter of discontent! Wonder how that will turn out for her :)

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

i like how she said there wasn't going to be an early election and then called an early election

good shiiit

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

It'll be so much fun if labour win.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

i dont think we'll be done with the public's flirtation with the right for another 2 years or so.
    i wouldn't be surprised if may is calling an election because she knows people will be fed up by then and she'll get a good 4 years out of her possible majority government

the election will be decided by lifetime labour voter jk rowling (whose probably gonna vote for may lmao)

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

We all know that EU law is not exactly set in stone. IF May would get voted out, I am sure Brussels would be eager to find a way to cancel Brexit.

Not going to happen. The revolution is unstoppable.

[​IMG]

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Dispicable!

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Well, I'm not really following this but Jeremy Corbyn seems to be taking the Hillary Clinton approach of "try to seem trendy but fail massively"
    cnzEwss.png

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  12. Major Cleve Cutler

Oh God, not again...

13. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I don't think anyone sees Jeremy Corbyn as trendy. Although if he is trying to be trendy my newsfeed would suggest he's succeeding, I don't know anyone under the age of 30 who won't be voting Labor & within my peer group older than that I only know 2 people who will probably vote Tory.

He's just got positions popular with young people & right now it's hard to ignore that young people have a harder time than my generation or my parents.

Admittedly he's too far on the left of many issues for me but you can actually believe he is the real deal based on his past and voting record & with hindsight looking at his voting record he was on the right side of history with most of them. He has real credibility. I wouldn't expect any candidate to deliver everything they promise as thats no the way public office works.

I also totally don't expect labor to win, at all.

14. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I think you misunderstood, he is doing the "trendy" stuff such as tweeting that pic I linked with him "dabbing" and not "playing by their rules". That is just cringy right there.

Sure he's probably popular with young kids, but he's definitely doing the trendy "outreach" that Hillary did where she wipped and naynayed her way onto Ellen.

Edit: I never thought I would say whipped and naynayed in my life to describe an action.

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Meh. If you look hard enough every politician has done weird shit on camera at some point. You call it cringey, someone else calls it a bit of light hearted fun, it really doesn't matter.
    They are kind of pointless things to focus on, everyone has to court social media now.

At this point I'd like to go on to say that it isn't a highschool popularity contest - but obviously that basically where our political discourse has gone.
    The only important things are what policies a party has, how united they are on them & their ability to deliver them.

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why would anyone appeal to the youth anyway? i mean sure its a few bonus votes, but isnt the uk one of those aging countries aswell?

17. Major Cleve Cutler

You say that, but remember you had this guy lose the 2015 election because of a goddamn bloody bacon sandwich 290px-Ed_Miliband_bacon_sandwich.jpg

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Tories didn't lose because of a picture of Milliband eating a bacon sarnie...

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

bernie woulda dabbed (if he wasnt so gloriously bad at dancing)

20. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

Jeremy hates the Blairite careerists in the Labour party but doesn't have the power to deselect sitting MPs as candidates. I'm pretty sure he wants to spectacularly lose the election so they lose all their seats allowing his people (who've already gained control the local party offices) to retake the seats at the next election.