Empires Pick-Up Game (PUG) Sourcemod Plugin [Server]

Discussion in 'Coding' started by ScardyBob, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Ranger

Ranger Member

Is it possible to have UIs, such as the commander vote, in plugins? I thought not. If it is, we need a map voting plugin which displays the minimap of selected map. map

2. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

Yea it was the wrong choice of words. Was just trying to convey that I would rather not implement it if the devs already had it on their radar. Anyway thanks to thexa's response I made a small fix that should patch the problem until it's resolved. Obviously plugin patches aren't ideal.

No it's not really. All I'm saying is that I can manipulate the vote. make everyone appear on it, catch the commands that select players etc. i.e. I can't change any of the UI but i can manipulate the data that it displays.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Thexa4 likes this.
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It's not about time or will, it's about priorities. A voluntary project is going to land lower on the task list than sleep, work, and a variety of other activities. While it is true that if time were not a constraint, a lot more things would be done, and if there's a will there's a way, it's also true that we choose to spend what time we do have on things we deem more important, and this goes to everyone and everything.

Neoony and flasche like this.
  4. Neoony

Neoony Member

You only had 9 years for it ^^

But yeah, this :P :
    ---
    (....just joking btw xD )

5. Neoony

Neoony Member

This plugin will be compatible with [NCEV]
    Since v0.8
    After ScardyBob adds a cvar pug_active to his plugin, which will become value 1 when a PUG is active.

NCEV will simply unload if it detects pug_active 1
    You can turn this compatibility off with nc_pugc 0 (no need to disable it if you dont have PUG plugin)

Link to the update post of [NCEV] v0.8: https://forums.empiresmod.com/index...n-release-nocommextendvote.20887/#post-543311

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017