Too few people are playing!!!1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LordDz_2, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Avatarix

people bragging about IQ have low IQ
    whatever that means
    i didnt say anything about IQ ok?
    oops

2. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Good afternoon, you've reached the Empires intervention hotline. How may I help you?

I've been busy and barely seen Empires in the past few days. I wake up this morning with a couple of messages in the in-box, and just trying to figure out what's going on myself.

ESB is an interesting beast. Rented from a 3d party, OS built by me. The Empires components were built up by a small group of us folks who also chip in for the costs. (Clarification...Vicki and Creeper are not among the monetary contributors to ESB. Technical only, and made their position clear from the start.)

ATM, I tend to be more "chairman of the board" than "the owner", and there is a small group of admins who honestly are paying much closer attention to things than I.

On a good note, I was encouraged to see play going on across different servers. Mr X, PUG, ESB. Ultimately I think is looks positive to perspective players that there is more than one good watering hole.

And on the other note, let's see what the latest hub-bub is about....

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

So the " rumors " were correct !

4. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

What rumors? "Someone set up an Empires server and it must be destroyed" Seems to be the only valid rumor around here.

5. Paradox

Nah, the rumors were, or the assumptions would be the better word that you were the server owner with creeper and vicki basicly managing the server.
    Meaning the server was basicly vipers/nubs 2.0. Which it is if I read what you typed out right. Noone is saying destroy the server. We're just pissed there has to be so much secrecy and denial.

6. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Secrecy, sure. Given the environment. Denial? Of what? Clear from the start was that Vicki and Creeper had a vote in how ESB was built being admins. Also I've have the same avatar from the start "Viper Refugee". So it should be clear enough that I though Viper and Nubs were pretty good places. I'm fine with others that would disagree.

7. Paradox

Im not saying you were, Im saying vicki was hiding behind it and denying it

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

again not true, but its to be expected, I said from the beginning I help set it up and everyone on the server knew I was an admin and I said from the beginning I was not the owner, so what was I denying or hiding?

9. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Yeah, hiding behind what exactly? She helped... and? The whole thing, concept to running server, took place in about 28 hours. Not like some drawn out conspiracy.
    There were some claiming it that is was a new server by Creepers or Vicki, but I spoke to that in shout box.
    Everything else is just old ban wounds refusing to heal.

10. Paradox

Everyone was basicly saying vicki/creeper were in controle of the server and they denied that by saying that they are only helping you. The server is basicly run by them and thats what everyone was saying and they were denying under the form of " its misfires server we just helping". I dont care about there being 2 servers or 3 or 4 or 20 for all I care. Lies are my mortal enemy.

11. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Then why do you covet a lie so dearly? They are not in control of the sever. They were only helping. They denied the lie. Why do you wish to repeat a lie?

12. Paradox

I dont understand. Both you and vicki have said its the admin team controling the server cause you dont have time to pay attention ( and other stuff that got edited out of the posts seemingly ). Vicki has in the past denied the fact that shes running the server and that shes in fact only helping.

How do those 2 statements not contradict each other completely.

13. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

So I think we're hung up on "running" and "helping". You consider them the same meaning? I see "running" as the ruling monarch, while helping it just that... helping.
    Vicki doesn't own, didn't build or even pay towards the server, so not "running" it. She has been helping with admin functions and game content.

14. Paradox

Purely based on that, to use a metaphore; to me you are the president running the country but you are on permanent holliday leave. Your staff is running all day to day affairs, and that staff is vicki. In the past vicki has said shes merely helping as in supplying pens and computers to the office of the staff. But she was doing much more and she denied that.

After lawliets reply about being banned ( lawliet really shouldnt be banned from your server, he has never played on it ) we basicly said she and the viper/nubs team are running the server as in making all day to day decisions making your server basicly NUBS 2.0 because the team consists of all NUBS admins. Then vicki comes in and says we are lying and making up false rumors which wasnt the case after all.

Thats what Im hung up over.

edit: I wanna clarify I dont have anything against you misfire, and I think you are bringing a lot of good to this community and helping it. Im merely debating and discussing the topic itself

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  15. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

"You are on permanent holiday leave" Untrue
    "Your staff is running all day to day affairs" Cool
    Sure, Vicki is part of the "staff" as well as myself. I don't run the country, I participate in it.
    What do you define as "much more" that's outside a server admins function? (asked by a professional admin)

Can't we stop being hung up and just play better?

Edit... Just reading your update. Me too, I' m hoping we can keep having good discussions and make improvements.

16. Paradox

It comes down to her telling everyone she only was supplying plugins and maps, not making decisions about how the game was going to run, not actually moderating the game.
    This entire thing got sparked because lawliet was banned on a server he has NEVER played on. Lawliet is basicly banned from your server because he was banned on creepers/vickis server. Which enforces the idea that Vicki was pulling strings behind the curtains as in actually participating in the moderation team and not only supplying maps and plugins like she claimed.

Anyway, lets put this behind us. Albeit I do feel like Lawliet needs to be unbanned.

17. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

is it an entirely new server that has adopted NUBS ban list in the interest of the game OR is it a refresh of an old server?

I don't personally mind being banned, I don't deserve to play the game after my bullshit. I'm not discussing my ban in a steam group, as I have privacy issues (he whose name shall not be mentioned). What I really hope to get across is clarity on the ban list.

18. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

As an admin, yes she would be included in moderation. No surprise there.
    As for point #2 I plan more discussion on this.

Paging @Lawliet

What say you on this ban topic? In PM if you prefer.

19. Misfire

Misfire Always Lost

Oh, well there you are replying at the same time, cool.
    So my info atm (and maybe not 100% accurate) is a recycle of some old scripts, with hesitation to revise them based on past history.

20. Paradox

Lawliet is a super nice guy