The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Guys, where's my politics? All I see is people being :rage:. It's making me :(. I wanna be :). Or else I'll have to :3.

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

All I see is

[​IMG]

And race. I only see race.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

lets make lazybum :) again!

4. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

The Governor of Minnesota (Midwestern American State. I can understand if you have no idea where it is) Had plans for Minnesota to offer a public option. This could make MN the first state in America to do so.

I don't think it would get through the GOP controlled legislature, but it's would be a desired step especially with the uncertainty of the Trump administrations dismantling of Obamacare.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/01/24/dayton-public-option-minnesotacare/

5. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Well let's just say that Hillary wouldn't have built the wall, Trump at least was going to!

So Trump is best president evur!! ;)

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

There's none of us left after Zoom got fed up with balance (?), Avatarix got perma'd as per his own request, and I failed two of my midterms. There's nothing to go about anymore.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

lol ok new york person who somehow knows so much about whats going on at the southern border
    go move to tennessee, see how poor the standard of life is, and then maybe you can boogeymen obama, soros, or mexicanos
    just want to highlight how nuts this is. i wanted to make a joke post saying that obama and the muslim brotherhood are coming for vicki but she would actually believe it
    shes turning

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

heres something
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/obamacare-repeal-replace-republicans-235020
    Doubts grow that GOP can repeal Obamacare
    surprise surprise. the mitt romney health bill that was overseen and okayed by health care executives may actually stick around (or just be replaced with an almost identical bill so they can say its not "obamacare")

also notice how vicki avoided my question about trumps appointment of a goldman sachs guy as treasury secretary a few pages back and instead calling me shit (also noticed how poster donald trump didnt post either!)

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

To be fair his whole treasury reads like a who's who of who's whos. But I dunno, I'd imagine most excellent economists capable of steering the worlds biggest ship are going to come from successful monied backgrounds.

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Was literally waiting for you to say this as if it's some victory point. I have no comment on it. I don't like all of his appointees, he's not perfect in my book he makes mistakes and has some stances I disagree with. Believe it or not, I don't think Trump is a 100% flawless person. He has flaws. I just think he was better than Hillary and still is.

Quit being an ass and assuming me wanting to stay out of the shit slinging thread as a victory point for you. I basically have stopped posting here and would rather go back to what this entire forum is about, Empires.

Edit: I also want to stay out of this thread because I simply don't have the time necessary to read everyone's posts and keep up on what the current topic is in this thread.

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

So don't, just copy random articles you find interesting with your 2 cents so everyone else can discuss it, it's basically what happens every other page.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

weird how you were waiting for me to say it but you dont have the time to keep up with the topic.

but ok ill remember this when donald trump does something you like and is pc enough to post about in this thread. because honestly this first month has been a shitshow and you've been unusually quiet during it
    but business people are not economists? they make profit by paying the smallest possible amount for the highest dividend, exploiting loopholes along the way. i dont see how this translates to governments who are supposed to not make a profit and provide the highest quality of life to citizens (who are employees in this example)

you can make the argument that they know the ins and outs and loopholes, but to be honest theres no incentive for them to change them because once they're out of government they need to make their 5 billion somehow.

also these types of people are been in these roles for ages and its only gotten worse and worse

flasche likes this.
  14. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I've been quiet because I have better shit to do than argue you with you. Neither of us are going to change our opinions, this whole thread is people just barking at each other and no one is willing to concede or change their opinions. This whole thread is pointless.

You might dislike something, I might like it. You will call it bad, I will call it good, what's the point of arguing that?

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

well id love to hear your reasoning to why a certain appointee is good or bad for knowledge-based reasons but i dont want to see a 600 link post about how muslims love to rape in europe

edit: its easier to have a discussion when its not broad ideological beliefs that have no nuance to them but small things that dont necessarily fit into whatever label you call yourself

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Don't get me wrong he's an awful pick for secretary of the treasury and a marvelous slap in the face to the working middle. Worst kind of profiteering scum (please, tell me more about trickle down economics). Still at least Trump will bring back all those excellent manufacturing jobs that the Chinese enjoy so much.

I had a pretty open mind but looking in at the picks in the treasury alone it seems pretty obvious his agenda is more of the same at an accelerated pace. Still, as long as he stops the brown people.

flasche likes this.
  17. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It wasn't about how Muslims want to rape in Europe, it was about the Muslim belief system from the middle east has become radicalized and a good portion support the jihad that is being waged and are at least sympathetic to it. But that is beside the point.

Again, I could argue, but I lack the time to do posts and keep up on this.

Edit: I have time usually to read it but not much time to reply especially because the second I say anything in here about 10 people, (obvious exaggeration), on this forum hop in trying to argue different points about what I said. It takes a while to reply and quite a bit of effort. When I have more free time I may reply but considering I am working on the tutorial in the little free-time I have, re-doing all of the textures with nice new ones, and trying to fix up the sounds people still dislike it leaves me with little time to reply on here especially with school and social aspects, among other things.

Edit 2: I'm not saying feel sorry for me. Don't. I'm just saying I don't have much time to reply on here when I could be spending that doing something else that is productive instead of arguing on here about why I think position X is a good position when no one is going to change their opinion on it.

It's not even a muslim ban. It's a ban from 7 countries... no one is banning the "brown people"... which is a disgusting term for use.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  18. complete_

complete_ lamer

well thats best case scenario, that some manufactoring jobs move back to america (which i doubt, but is not out of the question with the stagnant minimum wage). so far he hasn't, since im not including that carrier plant that he took credit for (they were given money and tax breaks by the state governor). and also doesnt include the other jobs he took credit for at the end of last year (it was previously announced earlier in the year)

this dumb fool says its a "danger" ban. which is weird because theres a lot of dangerous countries not on this list. its almost as if its a pittance to somewhat satisfy a campaign pledge while not ruffling any big business feathers and only causing trouble for the browns who want to travel out of the country every now and then

19. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

The 7 countries. Put on the "Countries of Concern list" by Obama. Yea. Totally was Trump's fault that Saudi Arabia, someone who I WISH was banned, isn't. I mean, he COULD have banned them but he pulled the banned countries directly from Obama's administration. I don't think Trump had anything to do with "business" connections that makes this ban bad.

Oh yea, it's only for 90 days as well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  20. complete_

complete_ lamer

its a talking point. was in an omnibus bill and had no real effect beyond "words." it was visa restrictions, not bans.
    http://www.snopes.com/trump-immigration-order-obama/
    edit: to put it easier. you dont have to "pull" the banned countries from obamas administration since dhs can just add countries at whim. other countries are not being added for a reason

here are the actual countries of concern: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_of_Particular_Concern