The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

You told us Fox news was not a pure republican channel because the murdock brother who were hillary supporters were the bosses over there. That was a false statement so I pointed it out that it was a false statement. I might have pointed it out with saying you lied, because it was an actual lie.

"instead of point it out to me in a helpful way you turned it into I'm lying and deceiving." I dont understand how you wish that we act like that, when you act the complete opposite aswel, instead of pointing things out that are wrong, you just tell us our sources are wrong, or that that side is lying or what ever. Dont try to victimize yourself when you act the way you do in arguments.

I dont understand why you are pivoting to random obama news that hes trying to undermine what ever to scapegoat your way out of it. You're litterally acting like kelly ann conway, when faced with shit you cant handle you just pivot to other more sensational "news".

"have no desire to argue about whats real whats fake whats going on "
    You pretty much have no desire in this either. If its real and pro what ever you believe you push your agenda, but when its real and not in line of what you believe you INSTANTLY portrait it as fake. So dont go around implying you wish there was more actual discussion cause you are the one avoiding that.

The thing with your assesment is that it isnt YOUR assesment you litterally just made up your mind by looking at one fundamentally republican site on its oppinion on Amnesty international and made up your mind. Thats not factual thats not anything really.

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

[​IMG]

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

What exactly comprises a shadow government?

Because if it is organising a bunch of non profits to fight their corner on foreign affairs, abortion, climbate change, union matters, etc - well that sounds a lot like a democracy.
    Getting them air time, organising speeches, demonstrations, lobbying... Well thats not a shadow government. I'm just basing that off Ed Klien's Fox news ramblings but as I understand it that was the full extent of his claims.

4. Deiform

Deiform Member

Just want to highlight this since it seems to have been missed by everyone. Why are people still arguing with someone that cba to research properly.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yes and No - Mostly Yes. It is totally possible to be very well informed without living somewhere, you just have to read more.
    Lets face it, most people whether US citizens or not form their opinion based on their own personal situation & media.

Everyone can consume the same media but we can't all have the same daily personal experiences, which do have some value.
    However those daily experiences only serve to inform us of our own position. I'm not a citizen but I have family and friends in the states, my family has property there, we visit often, I talk weekly to people from different states - I don't think I'm any less disconnected from their situation and views by not living in the US.

Living somewhere doesn't necessarily change how informed you are, but it will definitely have a cultural effect and change your views on society and that's something which shouldn't be over looked either.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Now I enjoy shit flinging contests as much as the next guy, but at least the thread will stay just a tad more on topic if it is moderated. At least that's what I think, I feel like there was a few examples from the past thread where it didn't look like it was getting moderated and there was a solid 3 pages of insults, no politics to be found. Empires forums is terrible with ontopicness, but at least it's entertaining.

All I can say I don't see that many flaws with what all the euro(and solitary Canadian) people are saying, but I also don't intend to spend most of my time researching politics, sources, or whatever. So my opinion probably means shit all, hurray.

7. Paradox

This thread informs me of the situation in the US cause everytime a republican says something I just google it and prove them wrong

8. Paradox

Are you subtily implying there are flaws with what the republican US people are saying?

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm subtly implying that every politician bends things to fit their needs. Most people do, but politicians are paradoxically expected to speak nothing but the truth to the people they serve, or at least the truth the people want to hear.

10. Space_Oddity

[​IMG]

11. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Yet you have the balls to trashtalk European politics?

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

where did I trashtalk European politics? Such BS being thrown around in this thread I need to put on my knee high boots.

13. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

You made a whole post about it. Then it got merged with this one. In fact, I believe the name of that thread directly said European union in it, and was something about it failing.

14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

that wasn't trash talk did you even read it? it was about the euros how most europeans don't want immigration as much as the Americans. there was nothing trashy or any shit talking in my post. Geez and they say trump is thin skinned..

15. Space_Oddity

Stop commenting on Europe. You don't live here and you can't possibly understand.

And take your medication.

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

yeah but it wasn't trash talk..but yeah I was still stupid enough to participate in this thread to try and show all you holier than tho's that Europe doesn't want immigration either, not just the evil USA..but in any case that's all I'm saying as far as politics go. Ill defend myself when needed but wont engage in the BS that's called this thread.

17. Space_Oddity

It's okay to admit that you're sundowning.

18. Space_Oddity

upload_2017-2-15_21-1-24.png

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

if showing info about a poll is trash talk I hope you snowflakes don't melt.

20. Space_Oddity

And now she's going on about the Poles again. Jesus Christ.