The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

at an average wages are three times as high in the united states in comparison to mexico. ofc wages aint the only costs, but i doubt that 35% will make proud american goods more competitive.

also you are so refugee friendly theres news articles about how you took almost 10k syrians in 2016
    [​IMG]

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

also its just one avenue he is considering there are other options.

3. flasche

so can we take him by the word or not?

not that i do, i know hes full of alternative facts and try to read between the lines.

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

since you are so illegal immigrant friendly how about we don't deport them back to Mexico but ship them to Austria, I'm sure you will be pleased knowing they are with you in your country. :)
    problem solved.

5. flasche

strawman.

aside of that, illegal immigrants do pay consumer taxes, they pay for living. you gonna notice if you deport 11mio people. but they sure are the issue. its always the weakest of a society that are the problem - because everything else would be communism.

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

hmmm how is it insulting? ah you mean the USA allowing illegal immigrants is okay but you find it insulting if Austria allows them?

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dont even want to discuss american politics, much less on empires forums, but i find it hugely ironic that birthplace of capitalism is cracking down hard on free market.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

you are acting like making people follow the law is a bad thing. enforcing laws is not a sin. what is the point of laws if they are no enforced. Again we are not halting immigration. we are taking action against law breakers. and we don't need to defend doing so.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Thats exactly my point Vicki. If importers dont import to America cause Americans dont buy due to higher price-> mexico isnt paying for the wall cause they arent importing
    If mexico does keep selling-> mexico still isnt paying for the wall cause now the consumers are

10. flasche

no i find strawmen insulting. i try to not put words in your mouth, you on the other hand love to do that.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

as I said he is considering several options. hes not even in office 1 week yet.

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

then I apologize Flasche, but I will not defend the wall anymore. Its our business, and if this is what the people want to enforce laws which is the right and fair thing to do.

13. Paradox

tldr its litterally impossible to FORCE mexico to pay for the wall.

14. flasche

see i dont give a shit about you building walls. build as much walls as you like, as far as im concerned put walls around each house.
    i only tried to explain why its not so smart to believe what trump says about mexico is going to pay for it.

enjoy your multi billion dollar penis enlargement. you gonna have the biggest wall (almost), its gonna be a terrific wall ...

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

you may be right Paradox, I do know we have a trade deficit of 58 billion dollars with Mexico and trump is adamant to fix that.

16. Paradox

You cant really force the country to do anything, any tax you raise, any thing you do they just go, well if you raise a tax on this, we can just not do this anymore.

I guess you could invade mexico, and seize their assets, that could definitly work.

Also you guys have over a trillion dollar loan deficit to China. Doesnt mean China is going to invade you or make you pay
    Loans make the world go round!

17. flasche

dont give them ideas ...

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

lol...
    our trade deficit with china is way over 300 billion dollars

19. flasche

its not the trade deficit paradox was talking about, he meant state bonds.

20. Paradox

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355

this

a trade deficit is actually like stupid to compare honestly

I just did some research on what trade deficit is, and I thought at first it was like, I give you 2 apples if you give me 2 pears. But mexico couldnt pay up 2 pears and be like Ill give you 1 now and later. THATS NOT THE CASE.

Its just the difference between how much a country imports and exports.
    If mexico exports 300 million in products to the US, and the US imports only 250 million in products. Theres a trade deficit of 50 million like you talked about.
    But that deficit isnt a debt, or anything anyone owes the other person like Vicki implied. So you litterally cannot go and ask for 50 million or billion in this case because its not owed to anyone. It just means mexcio does more exporting to theUS than importing from the US which is logical cause mexico has lower production costs.

Thats why china has a 300 billion trade deficit cause litterally everything is made in china. China doesnt import nearly as much from the US as it exports.

TLDR: a trade deficit just measures how much a country imports or exports. It isnt debt.