★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complete_

complete_ lamer

i said they would win their vote by campaigning on prison reform. the partys might not want reform but i believe people do
    please dont sell your education system short!

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I wasn't implying he won their vote I was just agreeing with you the gop hasn't reached out to them until Trump. His campaign promises to them stand afaik whether they voted for him or not.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

No I really don't think people want that. You have no idea. We don't have the same mentality of European countries. Here it's "Punish them", educating them or any of that is seen as a "reward" and therefore bad.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

thats for murderers and rapists. not on drugs, or even gun charges

crazy how both groups love guns, yet no outreach...
    why dont republicans rally to free bobby schmurda?

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

and it works out so incredibly well.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Prison reform will only be able to come when Americans open up their values to more progressive values by getting better overal education. How you do this? No fucking idea

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

along the lines we were discussing I just heard on the news that Trump is angry at whats going on in Chicago, as he has been all along and tweeted a few minutes ago:
    "If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!"

I cant believe 228 shootings and all those murders in just 24 days..I hope he sends in the feds in quickly, that's inexcusable.

rahm emanuel needs to be fired.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  8. Paradox

You know what would fix gun violence. Anti gun laws.

9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Chicago has one of the strictest guns law, the problem is gun laws are not enforced the way they should be and criminals never follow the laws.

10. Paradox

Sorry I ment with anti gun laws. NO GUNS AT ALL.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

maybe its the chicago police? isnt it widely known they are the most corrupt police force? i wonder if they only patrol the rich areas or avoid areas that pay them off
    conservatives like to go on about wasted spending, how about the 1.2 billion in funding for a force that is structually and morally inept

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Because he's in their on multiple charges other than guns?

Never claimed it did. Pointed out the problem.

The four highest murder rates in the US are coincidentally in the four cities with the strictest gun laws.

Also, if you remove gang violence from the list of gun violence, we are a pretty low on that gun violence list. It's REALLY hard to stop gang violence.

13. Paradox

Are you implying other countries dont have gangs so you get to remove gang related gun violence from your statistics?

The only point you made with the first sentence is that strict gun laws probably dont work. So its either complete gun freedom, or no guns. And seeing the precident in litterally every other country in the world except switzerland ( I think ), no guns at all might be for the better.

Also in switzerland the gun system is pretty good, its with education and shit.

14. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

The problem is, the LAW ABIDING citizens have to go through gun training, gun safety, etc etc. It's the criminals, who get them illegally anyway, who abuse it and commit the crimes. You don't see a guy buy a gun and then go shoot people with it the next day, MOST people don't do that. Either mentally ill people get ahold of them or criminals get it illegally. Taking it away from law-abiding citizens isnt going to help much.

15. Paradox

16. Paradox

The problem is getting a gun is so easy for criminals. Ofcourse if you introduce a full no gun law people are still going to be able to get guns, but its going to MUCH harder. Thats how it works.
    Drugs is illegal doesnt mean I cant get it, but its much harder to get illegal drugs than it is legal drugs.

There are always going to be criminals, but the amount of hoops you make a criminal jump through is going to matter a lot. Thats why if noone can get a gun ANYWHERE, its going to be much harder for criminals to get a gun

17. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

They already do do background checks that can be quite extensive. On top of that, lots of illegal guns come from Mexico... and lots of our guns go across the border.

Also, drugs are EXTREMELY easy to get in the US even while they were illegal.

18. complete_

complete_ lamer

19. Paradox

https://academic.oup.com/joeg/artic...ay-of-the-Gun-Estimating-Firearms-Trafficking
    https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

So most guns are traficked not from mexico into the US . But the US to mexico so you guys are kind of the mexicans of illegal immigrations of guns.

The bureau of justice found that only 28 percent of the guns used in crimes were illegal. Thats 72 percent legal gun crimes.

I think I just totally destroyed you with pure hard facts

20. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

paradox in order to have a no gun law the constitution would have to be amended, and that's not about to happen any time soon, taking away peoples 2nd amendment rights.

it would help if the gun violators were punished to the full extent of the law and judges were not so lenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.