★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The elusive, lesser-spotted Center idiot!

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

The left do have a bit of an elitist attitude sometimes. Don't get why some people feel the need to cause a scene. In the "good ol' days" people used to send strongly worded letters and they would have impact. Both sides have people that overreact. Most people don't give a shit and adjust to which way the wind is blowing.

Sucks if you're an overseas woman needing an abortion though lul.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

good old fashion dark alley 10 dollar abortions

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

my grandfather wrote a strongly worded letter to hitler and thats why the nazis lost

i posted the video of the nazi getting punched in the face specifically because i knew someone was going to decry the absolute horror of a white supremist getting what they deserved and then argue about how its the left wing people who are nazis and not the one who wants genocide for 5 pages.
    thanks for proving me right

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

but why, you can just read the average alt-right (or "neue rechte"/"new right" as its called in german) propaganda portal and you get the exact same terminology and line of thoughts.

6. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Godwin's Law

Fallacy of Composition.

Fallacy of Composition.

Fallacy of Composition.

Fallacy of Composition.

Texas Sharpshooter Argument / Fallacy of Division.

Ad Hominem / Fallacy of Personal Incredulity

Maybe if the garbage you spewed was a little less fallacy then you get a bit more phallus.

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

denying it doesn't make it not true..so the garbage your spewing is just that..garbage.

and leave your small phallus out of this.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  8. complete_

complete_ lamer

moving on from this point...

can dt or vicki please tell me whats the deal with this argument that since the republican party ended slavery in the 1800s under Lincoln they are thus forever the pro-black party and the democrats are the real racists
    like is there a huge gap in knowledge of american history in the usa or are people just being glib for the sake of seeming to have the "best" argument points

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

The argument, albeit a crappy one, is that Democrats were the one supporting slavery. Now, welfare is the equivalent of modern day slavery. Most of the inner cities are run by Democrats, where most black families live, and there is very little done to help them. Republicans offer solutions such as mandatory drug testing to receive welfare and stuff like that but the dems reel against that and then it goes to the dems.

That's the basis of the argument.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

unfortunately racism exists in every group political and otherwise, but not only against black people against Jewish people, catholic people etc.
    what bothers me about the democrats of recent years, is they are lucky to have the majority of the black vote but I see very little they have done for their communities in way of education, jobs, crime rate. It bothers me a lot that the black communities are so loyal to the dems and get little in return for their loyalty ie Chicago, Detroit and other inner city communities.

11. Paradox

Its just because americans dont know their own political history and they dont get political parties change just like society does.

this explains it well, but only for democratic party

actually found the republican version

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  12. Paradox

Im pretty sure Obama fixed the job issue like really well
    It's an actual republican lie you got told vicki, that obama didnt create jobs. He did, andhe did really well.

Finally I found something about the republicans that is a pure lie that you believe. And its backed by 100 percent factual data that you cant deny because it comes from the bureau of labor

[​IMG]

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

they aren't loyal to democrats. republicans just do not try and win their vote, even though it would be easy, given a few changes to the platform (possibly public education and prison/drug reforms?). its why people say that they're racist. besides the 1 or 2 republicans that pop out and say something horrible, theres no real outreach to get this huge voting bloc that is the black vote (besides basic platitudes)

in ol french canada, there exists the same problem but on the issue of language. the english will always vote for one party because the other side runs on a platform that has its roots in french nationalism (ie: ethnic nationalism). the party that the english vote for isnt even really a pro-english in quebec party (its just not as blatant)

you are not going to get the vote of people unless you actually make a platform that benefits them

14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

you are 100% right not until trump, he was the first republican to care enough to reach out to the black community, he seems to really care, and given what he accomplished in his first couple of days in office I can see him keeping his promise to the black community. I hope he does.

15. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Are you kidding? democrats don't want prison reform either. NO one wants that here in the US. People in the US think, "Prisoners don't deserve education to reform them, capital punishment is the way to reform them". I don't think you will meet many American's at all who support helping Prisoners out. Plus, Bill Clinton was the one that signed the law that put away more blacks than any other president in the modern day. Some law about drugs being a federal offense. Hell, some lady on CNN said that and she got cut off.

16. Paradox

I hope for the blacks in your country he does. Promising stuff and actually doing it is a whole different story.
    Every politician promises the world to their voters

17. Paradox

You wanna know why theres no prison reform plans in both parties?
    Cause prisons are a 5 billion dollar industry. with 700 million dollars in profit.
    You know whats sad about that. That you are making a profit out of criminals, meaning you are a bussiness. Meaning you actually want more stuff to be crimes cause your profits go up.
    Good luck fighting a 5 billion dollar industry.

Also the US holds 25 percent of all prisoners worldwide. Even though your population is only 320 million. Thats pretty fucking sad guys. Land of the free I suppose.

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

true paradox but trump is not a politician and owes no one anything like politicians do. He already kept several campaign promises, I am cautiously hopeful.

19. Paradox

If you are the president of the united states, Im pretty sure you are a politician lol.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

some of the "woke" black people might see welfare as modern day slavery but i think they would reel if it was taken away. they'd rather have basic income or better living conditions
    as i said in the post above, a thing like mandatory drug testing to recieve welfare isnt a thing that will win black votes, regardless if they do drugs or not. it doesnt have support in the black community and is more of a talking point to win votes "elsewhere."
    i wouldnt say he won their vote. he got a lower percentage of the votes than either bush or reagan did (8 percent compared to 11 and 9 for bush in 04 and 00. and 9 and 14 for reagan in 84 and 80).
    you can see all that here: https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2004/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.