Wiki and the info on empiresmod.com are outdated.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cordt, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Cordt

Cordt Member

Just bringing this to the attention of someone with the info/authority to fix it. The infantry weapons and vehicle modules are all from the old version. This is a small easy fix that looks pretty bad if left incomplete...

Anyway congrats on picking up the development again, as a player of nearly a decade I am really glad to see a regular active server again!

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Yeeeeah we had a couple volunteers to fix up the wiki but they seem to have gotten distracted. It should be addressed though, people do actually look at the wiki from time to time.

3. Cordt

Cordt Member

Yeah I was looking today because I haven't played really since before these new vehicle modules and I wanna know which weapons defeat which armor now.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Biological weapons destroy composite and deflective in particular, chemistry does well against absorbant and regenerative, guided has insane burst and cares about nothing (okay maybe capacitive a little), homing does a lot of up-front damage against everything (but can't be massed up like guided), ranged is solid against everything and slightly weaker to absorbant. The other weapons are either not that useful against tanks (nukes) or fare relatively similarly against each armor (rails).

This is a great oversimplification though, so an actual detailed post by someone more certified (@Xyaminou @Paradox @Lazybum) would be nice.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I have absolutely no clue what is good against what. I just know regen is absolutely trash and salvo is absolutely op

6. Cordt

Cordt Member

Last I knew, salvo was absolute shit and guided/upg ML was the best.

Also last night when I was playing I had tanks blowing off 5 panels of absorbant with a nuke and leaving my tank flashing....I wouldn't say nukes are bad just in need of support.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I have no clue how you came to those conclusions. I'll list this from armors because that's way simpler for me.

• Reflective is quite alright at most things if you bother to angle the tank, it's a bit weak to bio and antitank mgs because they bypass the the reflect property.
    • Abs is strong against bio thanks to it reducing bio damage by 50% for...reasons. It uses the speed to damage modifier which affects all weapons with speed(except antitank mgs), so it reduces things from like 15-40%(std ml speed-rails/ranged cn speed). It doesn't have a ton of hp though, so if you were normally putting full armor on a tank anyway the others can give more all around protection.
    • Compo has a slow regen and the reflect property(25% the strength of reflective). It's got good hp and isn't terribly heavy, so it's a very good allround armor against everything. Even though it has the same weaknesses as reflective, thanks to the extra hp and the regen factor it isn't that worse off.
    • Reactive is just a ton of hp, it doesn't reduce the damage of anything but because of the higher hp pool it feels less affected by bio and anti tank mgs.
    • Capactive is even more hp then reative, but it receives heat from damage, and it has a slight weakness to faster projectiles and bio so it kinda ends up in a similar tier as reactive hpwise. Can take the most punishment from mines, sticky nades, and antitank mgs.
    • Regen regenerates, it has no strength or weakness against anything. The most that can be said about it that it can't handle big bursts of damage as well as any of the other armors, so something like salvo or guided seem super effective against it while something like bio seems weak.

The reason I listed it this way is that there isn't a this is strong against this, this is weak against that. It's just the little things like speed or properties being bypassed that seem that way, which makes things harder to understand.

8. Cordt

Cordt Member

That makes sense.

And because last time I seriously played was years ago. Salvo was damn near useless and guided/UML was all the rage.

9. Neoony

Neoony Member

For such an inactive game, there is loads of quite big changes in terms of weapons/armors/engines.
    6 months to a year of not playing will make you completely lost in whats good and whats not xD
    Often even less time xD

10. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Wasn't Avatarix doing this?