Mines Damage vs. Infantry

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Dont think thats your idea, heck dont thnk thats my idea. Anyone with half a brain does this in a scrim/pug

Trickster called it a floater squad, fn called it his mobile squad etc etc

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

They are not the same.
    I am fairly sure "floater/mobile" squad just killspawns to the rax/APC. (15+ secs reaction time)

I am talking about comm takes over the squad and squad revive the squad right next to the CV, skipping respawn penalty. (6~9 secs reaction time)

I explained that in TS3 and people were like "holy shit never thought about that", I think that was you...we even joined the server and tested the speed.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Never tested it, but it sounds smart, it also sounds like you might die by getting out and doing that.

What I do with killspawn squad is just, squadleader kills himself and squad rev in rax. Sounds really risky to get out yourself as commander but it is faster

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I twitched slightly.

No idea what this topic is about but yeah, it's a fairly good way of taking out a CV if they leave it in the open. The only real issue is the level of coordination it needs, plus the fact that generally speaking, you do it by sneaking in as a revive engineer and reviving in a good spot, so it relies on your ability to be stealthy without having hide. It's also pretty easily countered if someone just parks their CV properly instead of leaving it out in the open. So much can go wrong with it, the harder you make it to pull off, the more chance you have of surviving through some fuck up or just generally getting lucky.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That only saves four tickets and a few seconds of frontline presence. The reaction time is still in the teens at best. Besides, if the CV dies, the commander (and the round) goes with it, so that risk is probably worth taking to deny a couple RPG volleys.