Mines Damage vs. Infantry

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That was a super close rpg snipe though, I mean like a grid square away. Which the last time I saw had trickster leading it too. was successful that time.

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Yeah, I was referring more to single-person ninjas. In that case, turrets aren't really easy to skirt, because you either die to them, obviously (since comms seriously seem to like turret spam now), or you attack them, and comms seem to be more aware of stuff like that - although it seems that their awareness, as I have said, largely stems from the fact that there's just less else to do now that actually takes their concentration. Add to this the fact that most games are now much lower pop than they used to be, and it's not hard to keep some tabs on what the enemy team is doing.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Ok, another reason why rushes and ninjas dont work anymore:
    Last night I organized a mass exodus on duststorm. It was 20 v 20 and I told my team from the start rush through middle to the enemy base. We did, I think 17 went mid 2 wenst ruins 1 went top or some shit. We build a rax about 10 seconds away from their rax and we captured their comm next to our rax.
    We proceeded to have a mass fight around their WALLED comm me screaming over the top of my longs for, what @Sgt.Security recalled to be , over 3 minutes to kill their comm.

My team albeit filled with a lot of noobs, FAILED to kil their walled comm, NEXT TO OUR RAX, we even had 2 raxes next to him at that point, AND let me die whilst having the cv next to the rax. ( I got out to kill the comm myself, got him to 10 percent hull)

EMPIRES PLAYERS JUST SUCK THESE DAYS

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

go engi, drop ammobox, switch rofle with stickies, gg?

5. Paradox

You'd expect that to happen when you got 19 people trying to kill their comm, but iduno what went wrong. I need to watch security his demo vid to see how stupid my team was exactly

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I was on BE. We had APC support for faster spawning shortly after the commander got walled in, and grenadiers (special shoutout to senor) continuously shelling the CV area and blasting walls to shreds, which gave a lot of masking to all infantry roaming about and turned the area into complete chaos.

Overall ineptitude of everyone (myself included, it was very shameful) aside, AnimoL was hiding prone in the mess of wall chunks and ammo boxes and repairing the CV pretty much throughout. That kept it alive through the slap fight the infantry was having. Another part of our team clearly had a much better grip on the situation, what with the opposing CV not even needing a sticky stun.

7. Paradox

I got out to kill the enemy cv myself, turns out your team can kill my cv faster in a minute than my team in 3. So you guys deserved that win

8. Lazybum

I have to say if paradox had his whole team there and couldn't kill the cv in under 10 seconds that just says even more about the current playerbase. Paradox is a vocal person too, it's not even like there wasn't anyone telling people to do something which is usually the case.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

It would have been over in a pug setting, but the entire engagement was extremely scrappy and a lot of people were just running around confused. You'll (hopefully) be able to see that from security's recording.

10. Paradox

There are sooo many new players who are absolutely shit. Like I used to think the team with most vets is stacked. Now I look at the team with the most retards to see which team is stacked.

no offence ment to the retards, theyll get good eventually. Im just being profane here.

shoutout to my homeboy mathew who's the topgunner since yuliy matfey

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Here's the demo.

I only recorded a minute of it because srsly, who the fuck would've expected BE comm to survive for more than 30 secs.

Paradox, I am more curious about how close were you? I mean you were deconning BE CV.

But I'll say, in this case, no one can claim he was the hero/retard responsible for the outcome, I mean that's a co-work by 40 players.

*copyright claim*

Attached Files:

• lol.zip
      File size:
      2.9 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  12. D.D.D. Destroyer

The lowest I've seen was deep orange hull and no side armor. 2-3 sticky bombs away.

EDIT: Oh lol, there were no riflemen throwing stickies and no grenadiers. That explains a lot.

13. Lazybum

That demo, holy shit. I kinda see why nf had a little trouble now, but it wasn't like they couldn't just sit on the side of the comm away from enemy fire, or at the very least coordinate on hitting one side. They really were being derp as hell.

14. Paradox

when the cv died I was deconning and It was between 10-20 percent. The enemy comm even said it was flashing

omg when you watch the fucking demo, you see therse atleast 5 people inside the other rax furthest away from the comm. Fucking idiots, thats so rage inducing

15. Paradox

Same thing happend again. Canyon DT commanding, me and smithy sneak behind their lines get a c5 rax up and we wanna ninja their comm. Me smithy DT, 2 over mic ask for a scout to spawn top and grens for a ninja. LITTERALLY NOONE SPAWNED THERE. It was an 11v11 and we were losing bad but noone spawned to kill their comm. Smithy had to switch to scout himself. We ninjad their comm with 2, even though our c5 rax was up atleast 5 minutes. Noone spawned on NF either to really defend. It was actually really sad how bad people are, and how little communication/teamwork there is.

Faith in new empires players lost.
    half of them just went, huh who won? after cv death cause they were so oblivious to how this game works

16. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

I agree with the lack of communication...

The thing is, i was on NF that game, and our commander didn't have a mic. so there was no shout over the voice chat... And the "commander under attack" sound didn't play.
    There was a bit in chat about enemy rax in c5, but you don't notice that as much when you're focusing on trying to mortar their repair pad whilst avoiding bullets...

Making the commander under attack sound more noticeable would stop any chance of a ninja... The idea is that the enemy don't notice you when you kill it. If your entire team killspawned the instant the commander was under fire, then ninja's would never work.

But idk what we can do to entice more communication...

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

The shortest response time via killspawn is about 15 seconds. A properly executed ninja kills the CV in that time span.

18. Paradox

cause the entire team killspawning at once whilst they are pushing mediums is going to happen. Sure and every pub game we play is a pug.
    We've had this discussion before. Either way you die. Be it in a pug setting where we squad arty you with 3 squads and have 8 people grenning u whilst u are sticky stunned

or in a pub setting where litterally noone spawnd in for us even though we had a prelude of DT shouting and when the rax went up shouting, and noone spawned in for you.

YOU LOSE BRO

19. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

CV is too tanky, most people hear it under attack and think they got 2-3 mins to respond to it because usually they do. It also means they think they got time to wait around when you tell them to spawn forward to kill enemy CV because they rarely ever see the CV die in seconds.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

That's why I came up with the idea of "designated kill spawn squad" during our w/e league that was.

Basically, designate a squad and once comm is in trouble, you fucking kill spawn immediately no matter what you are on and then comm take over squad and squad revive right next to CV.
    Technically you can react well within 10 secs and that's a whole squad for you right next to CV.

Honestly I'd encourage experienced comms to try this out in pub games.
    (dayem I am smart.)

But still, if a ninja attempt is really well-organized, there's virtually nothing enemy can do, they HAVE to spot the attempt beforehand.

The reason behind that is because sticky grenade has a really long fuse time. (6 seconds)
    That means when you notice a sticky explosion, congratz, you already got 4 on you, if that's an entire enemy squad, your CV is dead, nothing in the world can save you.

I am thinking maybe I should drop sticky grenade's fuse time.
    So the "victim" can notice explosion sooner and thus gain more reaction time.

Not just CV, this would apply to regular vehicles as well.