Mines Damage vs. Infantry

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 5, 2017.

1. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

The biggest issue is we get bad comms because theres no tutorial in game for it and the research is a horrible illegible mess to new commanders, not to mention like you say the aweful ONE RESEARCH TO RULE THEM ALL mentality of certain veterans.
    Honestly in a strange way free research has been honestly a bad feature because people think they can just easily research everything now, there's less consideration and adding cost to research actually allowed for tech to be balanced on a different level, where now after 1 hour both teams end up researching everything and you get stale tank combat if you dont win quickly

Some may argue its better because a losing team with less res has no chance without research, but that's why ninjaing the enemy CV was a much more interesting playstyle back then because it let a losing team have a shot at one big comeback, free research mean you cant stop constantly researching else you lose the advantage now which is stressful for new players as they have a lot to think about already.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What makes you think you can't ninja now? The only reason I never see it happen lately is because either there's no one able to organize it or there isn't enough players capable or willing to do it. Ninjaing the comm is about the same as it ever was, with the nf comm being harder because you can't turret it so easily anymore and it's slightly more beefy this patch.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The "one meta to rule them all" mentality is present in most if not all games out there. It's not a unique Empires thing.

flasche likes this.
  4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

THIS IS WHAT KILLS EMPIRES!!!!!

j/k

5. Lazybum

It's been like that since spartacus was doing scripts 2 years ago, he was the one who changed it so nf couldn't be turreted anymore. Feels harder to wall too now that I think about it, but meh, it's probably a good thing.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

As a person who basicly lives on being a cunt and ending games in ninjas and rushes: its impossible because people dont know what teamwork is or are not willing cause they inexperienced

7. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

Its not really even a ninja anymore, more like zerg rush because you have to spam a ton of damage in a short time and you need most of the team to do it, where as ninjaing in the old days was about sneaking up and blowing it up with one short blast attack from 1 or 2 players.

8. Paradox

In the old days? You dont know shit neko.

In the old days it was apc rushes not blowing it up with one short blast attack. U a derp who doesnt even know how to empires

If only you were any good

9. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

Says the guy with a newer forum account, and I don't consider spamming apcs a ninja.

10. Paradox

I forgot not playing the game for 5 years and coming back makes you better and more experienced

edit wasnt your first post litterally last year?

11. flasche

to be fair, in the old days™ ninja meant 9mining.
    up to some 2.2 version a stack of 8 mines killed the comm (plus half the base)

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

And then it takes 16 mines and 2 RPGs to the side.

I did that for quite a few times with someone else until I realize how boring that is.

But there's another form of ninja, which was truly 1000 times easier because killspawn and map awareness weren't being invented.

Pre-1.8 you just sneak into enemy base, hide into a building with model bug, and just secretly decon their entire base.

13. Paradox

using bugs to win games is fucking disgusting GTFO

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Come on, I think you should be shaking hands with me.
    *cough* map feature *cough*

Honestly though, even if I wasn't using bugs, it was truly 1000 times easier to sneak into enemy base & take it down.

15. flasche

because buildings had no resists against mines. a stack between rax and vf? bye bye base.
    im unsure wheter it was good or bad tho.

but one thing i really hated when it was gone was that you could 9mine kill the enemy comm. and i commed quite a bit back then. its not like it was soo easy to kill an attentive comm - its just most that suffered 9mines just sat there watching their dudes rather then to care about actual comm business (not die).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  16. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

yup, because it was clear 9 mining was too op and not the fact the comm was too lazy to bother paying attention to the map.

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

The only thing that's stopping me from bringing it back is that we have no true vision. If an enemy is hidden, he's hidden.
    Unless you wanna say : You shouldn't comm if you are not a scout with enhanced sense.

If there's no true vision, any Gren can just squad hide into your base and take away your game even if your comm literally just looked away for 15 seconds.
    If he failed? Who gives a shit, virtually nothing's stopping him from doing that over and over again.

He can try this for 10 times until there's this once your comm is "so ridiculously bad and inattentive" and you lose the game like, what the fuck were you doing on the field?

Because comming in Empire is so rewarding and powerful that people literally line up for the job, we need to make it even more of a depressing & annoying experience.

We moved on from that.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  18. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Well, to be fair, I think the meta game has changed quite a bit. Back when I was very active, turrets weren't really deemed that important, and the commander was often so focused on giving targets that he'd be unable to focus on the area directly around him. But now, with single targets (that most commanders don't even know to give), each and every and base seems to have a massive turret farm, and commanders have much better sense of what's going on directly around the CV.

I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, by any means, or a good thing - it's just one of the big reasons why I think ninja's no longer succeed. Take away targets, and the commander, with noting much to do, isn't as likely to be taken unawares.

19. Lazybum

I like how you repeated what I just said. I meant right now from simple gameplay it's no different then it has been for ages, it's just whwat we both said that's really preventing it.

I guess hexi brings up a point, but mass targets hasn't been around since early 2012 or something hasn't it? I feel like comms focus on turrets a tad more just because most comms don't feel like they can rely on people to killspawn at a moments notice(kinda goes back to people can't even apc rush or ninja), so they need that extra 30 seconds turrets bring. That's all they do though, competent ninjas can circumvent turrets without too much trouble to be honest. It's a bit surprising I never see anyone rpg snipe the cv after it gets stunned by a scout, last time I saw that was like a year or 2 ago. It's probably the easily way to avoid turrets.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The last time someone tried to do it, their scout forgot to take sticky stuns..

@Trickster