Christmas gifts (Empires 2.11, public script repo)

Discussion in 'News' started by Thexa4, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

The ONLY script change I would advocate for is making Heavies super expensive but the end game tank. Make them super powerful, but cost reflective to that.

Right now, it's hard for me as a tanker to justify actually getting heavies with the 3 slot variants because it SEEMS, not saying it is, that it increases the damage ever so slightly and then I can no longer equip an MG so it feels like I do less damage overall.

Or I guess I'd also settle for maybe just bumping up weight of the chassis some?

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Im just using math because empires vehicle combat seems to is really fucking complex since noone understands all the weaknesses and advantages. Im only talking about 3 slots weapns vs2 slot in the same category and in my oppinion, in the grand scheme of things I would NOT want 3 slot cannons for that 10 percent extra damage in EXCHANGE for research time, resources, less armor.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What else are you going to research? At end game there ain't much else to get outside of a second or third weapon, nukes, or a different armor/engine because what you got was a short term solution. I know in my end game I research things that may be helpful to some people, but I know the loadouts I have gotten is more then enough to win the match. These 3 slots are things I know will actually make a difference instead of another weapon that doesn't really help give that extra oomph to win. Or more importantly it forces players to use the better weapon in the situation, I know mr x does this and I have to agree you can't trust players to make good decisions.

I STILL WANT DU AND 50 CAL SPLIT IN THE TREE, AOSOSAHDOSADHJSAD. Getting real sick of people putting du on their apc and having nothing to shoot but infantry.

I have to say if you really need that one extra plate of armor you are simply doing something wrong. Extra damage is always worth more then possibly taking one more hit on just one side of the tank. This is more towards el presidente.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Last reply, honestly it's your tactical decision, I think it's wrong but I am not gonna "try my best" to alter that.

Research time is completely irrelevant.
    You lose just one plate of armor.
    Yes it does cost you a bit more, just as heavy tank costs more than a medium tank.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I always stick to one tree untill I finish heavies so like, I would probably finish what ever tree. Get heavies. After heavies nukes and gg wp if it hasnt ended after nukes then Im doing something wrong

6. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Update has been released to fix some of the sounds and the issues with missiles going through tanks instead of hitting.

Neoony likes this.
  7. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Apparently I made a mistake during the release of 2.11.3, only the server version was released, not the client version. It should be resolved now.

Neoony likes this.