[suggestion] Rankpoints&Wages ReBa

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BlackRedDead, Dec 9, 2016.

1. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

File Update:
    - added unused code entrys for "defencebuildingdestroyed" and "engineerbuildingdestroyed"
    - added unused "buildingdamagedealt" wich should be granted additionally to counterbalance the repairing bonus

2. Ranger

Ranger Member

So you are saying that an engineer that avoids combat and prefers supporting his team will not get rewarded as much a rifleman or a tank driver? I don't think you can say it's unfair, like the way you express this it seems you are jealous when someone who has stayed at base repairing all the time, gets a tank.

I just disagree on this change. Current rewards are fine for me. If I lose my tank I'll just assist my team on foot in any way I want. If wages given for destroying buildings, vehicles and taking lives is buffed you will see some players being economically independent and others, who choose to play differently, begging for moniez.

The real issue is resource management. There are not enough options. I would like to see the following features:

-The Commander to be able to use the wages of his team at any time.
    -The Player to be able to forbid the Commander to take his wages (locked), but be usable by default so to avoid issues like (Omg nub press C and allow Comm to take res)
    -The Player to be able to donate his wages so that experienced players can help inexperienced or slow Commanders.
    -The Commander to be able to give resources to a player for a specific goal. (If the commander wants you in a tank he will give you res.)

Unrelated:
    -E-Build should give as much as an engineer.

The reason I want the "locking wages pool" or call it however you want, is because to me it's like a private bank account. Like the salary of a soldier or something lol so it would make sense to be able to lock it, but I'm not firmly grasped to this feature because the Commander having control is more important.

3. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

uhm okay... wasn't meant so...
    as one of those "combat avoiding" engineers (wich is quite logic because they are the weakest at direct combat! - it's a support class!) i know that situation pretty well! ;-)
    the thing is, i had matches with very bad k/d but still highest score - that has nothing to do with rp&wages however but it seems very strange to have also high wages often - thats just wrong and has nothing to do with "being jealous" - it should just be balanced so that ppl&classes that have lesser tasks that provide wages get more for them to balance that gap! ;-) - tough it could be a reason for some newbies to play engineer but that would require that wages got described ingame! ;-)

...the changings are meant to reaonable equalize the amount of wages you can get between the classes and put the focus on gaining them at tasks that require some effort - someone who prefer to stay at rax the whole match shouldn't have more wages than someone who is actually going out and risk something!

-The Commander to be able to use the wages of his team at any time.
    then we won't need wages at all! - but an option (for ppl, not com!) to transfer your wages to team resources would be nice! :)
    -The Player to be able to forbid the Commander to take his wages (locked), but be usable by default so to avoid issues like (Omg nub press C and allow Comm to take res)
    that would mean the com can take your hard earned wages at any time because ppl won't realize they need to lock it at game start - useless!
    -The Player to be able to donate his wages so that experienced players can help inexperienced or slow Commanders.
    agree on that, some transfering system would be nice, but i think transfering actual wages to team res is enough - no need to overshot this and make fancy but mostly useless and complicating options!
    -The Commander to be able to give resources to a player for a specific goal. (If the commander wants you in a tank he will give you res.)
    well, the agreed and this point i actually already suggested ;-)

but the amount of wages the comander can donate to a individual player should have a restriction of ... well, lets just say 1000 res - enough for nearly everything except hvys! :)
    why it needs a restriction? - because otherwise a com could accidently or by intention waste res at any player!
    why 1000? - i originally thinkered with 300, a player should gain wages for&by himself in the first place, the option to donate wages to team res or even res to individual players should only be used to help in certain situations - and at the latter not to "gift" someone a tank for later who propably doesn't deserve it! (i know, difficult word - but donating team res to someone has the risk that that person won't notice it or waste it, wich result in lost res for the team as result - that clearly means it needs a limiter!)
    tough your suggestion would allow to retrieve it, but think of that guy is actually fitting his tank, goes to the vf next and realizes the com has retrieved the wages from him xP
    it just produce unnecessary trouble you can avoid by restricting it and enforce ppl to use it with caution!
    with the limitation there won't be an "grab&apologize" situation while it still allows interaction between team res and individual wages - just only on request ;-)

ehm... your sure you read what i have written in both file and in my post? - because my suggestioned code already adds&equals e-build with repairing! - you just need more time to achieve 100points repaired with e-build thats all!