So i thought up some more ideas of cool things

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by thorsmight, Dec 9, 2016.

1. thorsmight

thorsmight Member

I got some positive feed back and negative from my previous ideas, people seemed to like an upgrade-able VF and Ref (I was thinking about adding upgrade-able walls as well but it sounded a little stupid) and a floating APC

I thought of a new Class
    Heavy
    Primaries ( HMG, Minigun, Portable Cannon
    Secondaries ( secondary smg
    Grenades ( Stun Nades, Flashbangs
    Armor ( Heavy

Pros : Shitloads of damage
    A dirty opponent in close quarters
    A Literal walking tank
    Cons : Slow as fuck
    A target for his enemies
    Weapons have long reload
    CANNOT GO IN VEHICLES (APC is exeption but cannot get in driver or gunner seat, can sit out of turret)

Naval units would be good, i thought of it with Donald, it would be an interesting idea but i want some opinions
    The harbor
    must be put on the coast, must point toward water

Gunboat
    3 slot MG
    3 slot GL
    1 slot engine
    up to 4 inches of armor
    fast
    maneuverable

Cruiser
    3 slot ML
    2x 2 slot CN
    2 slot engine
    up to 5 inches armor
    medium speed

Battleship
    2x 3 slot cannon
    2x 3 slot cannon
    3 slot engine
    up to 8 inches of armor
    slower than infantry

I thought some pure navel purpose maps would be cool, and would like opinions on these vehicles, and the new class, i appreciate any feedback of this feedback

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Can you code, map, graphic design and make textures?
    Cause if you can Im all up for your ideas

3. Ranger

Ranger Member

I disagree with the addition of such a class in the current of Empires because it's possible that this class would be overused and be something like the sniper rifle for nubs issue.

I would prefer to take half of your half and put in the scout, turning him into a Commando with a greater variety of weapons and explosives. Commandos would be a mix of gren rifleman and scout. able to do what scout already does but also damage the enemy in more ways due to its increased survivability.

I like boats but again in the current state of Empires I believe it's not doable. Like maybe who know, if devs dedicate all their time in this then yeah but there are also other things to look after. It's a lot of work. It's an interesting idea of course, but like, it's not feasible... in my opinion...

Anyway. If boats were a thing, they wouldn't be the size of a cruiser or a battleship so naming them like that is a bit funny. But the point in that is to make their armament distinguishable of course.

4. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

@thorsmight What role would the heavy class fill?

We already have an anti-vehicle and anti-building class (grenadier)
    We already have an anti-infantry class (rifleman)
    We already have a "support" or generic class (engineer)
    We already have a scout.

What unique role does this heavy class fill, that the other classes can't do already?

As for boats? Yeah, they'd be cool, but they would take a lot of effort.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

there are no maps for boats and if thered be maps where you could have a battleship you couldnt have anything else. empires maps are quite limited.

6. thorsmight

thorsmight Member

what's funny is you think these ship models are actually going to be big

7. flasche

thats your "fault" - battleship doesnt imply rowboat size. reallife battleships were over 250m, a leopard 2 (= be med) is roughly 10m in length.
    assuming 1hammer unit = 1 inch the max map size in empires is ~32000" or ~810m

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  8. thorsmight

thorsmight Member

you forum members are full of cringe, you seriously tried to compare real life to a video game. "Video game" is a key term

9. thorsmight

thorsmight Member

I am taking up modeling, i am working at my hardest atm

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

What else are we suppose to compare these words too? No other video game refers to something like a battleship to mean something the size of a tank.

If you meant a light medium and heavy variant system like how the tanks are then that's what you should have said.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Sorry, I am gonna have to slap you a little bit here in case you get carried away.

Just to clarify, I do not like them.
    I was one of the only 3 replies in your previous thread, so I am not sure where you got the idea of "people seemed to like them".

But no, I don't.

I said they are "must-get", I meant if they are actually implemented in Empires, the commander HAS to get them, or he's being a dumbass.
    I oppose such things in Empires, vehicle chassis (and maybe our new RPG research) should be the only exception.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  12. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

We don't need any extra boats, we already have aquacomms.

Ranger likes this.
  13. flasche

image of nf paddleship leaked
    [​IMG]

14. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

"new" RPG research... as far i know and hope it's just the old cut research for the homing and guiding capabilitys!?
    (different rpg weapons for different tasks would be nice^^ - high dmg but gravity affected dumpfire for direct combat, low dmg & slow but homing for some sort of midrange combat, and medium dmg but normal speeded guided missile for sorta ranged combat)

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

"Old cut research" would imply that it existed at some point, it never did. The only thing that did exist is increasing damage of ammo types, which is what security is using and means by rpg research.

I don't think the idea of upgradable buildings is a bad idea, I just wouldn't do it as a research. Instead it's an option you do on each building, with various types of upgrades for each one.

Several people asked for boats before, the usual thing I hear is that boats don't currently have much of a place on empire maps which is kinda true, there's like 2, maybe 3 that I can think of where it would be nice. The usual suggestion right afterwards is just making the apc or something like it be able to go into water, like how the lav in bf3 works.

16. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

about the rpg, i never played with that so idk what it was exactly, but we will see if it will turn out as the shit that actually will make rpg usefull again or something that makes balancing even more worse :)

yea, but much effort to realize, you need different models - befor someone go and make new versions for the buildings i please him to fix all the anoying collisions and also improve them so theat vehicles won't stick to easy on it (as far i know there are a difference in hitbox and collision box at source engine, so should be not to hard to realize infantry cover where vehicles can't stuck on! - but i'm far away from being a modeler or source expert!)

befor we think about boats we should get hovercoppters implemented! xD
    (real aircraft has no place on the maps eighter^^)