Wanted: New Maps

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by vipervicki, Nov 29, 2016.

1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Would be nice if we had a few new maps. Its getting stale. Maps for low and midsize population would be great. I hope those who know how to map will consider doing this. I think it would freshen up the game.

2. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Anyone have downhilljam or megahilljam? I could probably get those maps working again but I no longer have the maps.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It already works. Someone fixed it recently.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Theres tons of maps I still have on my HD that never gets played on your server, do you want those? Or?

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

NUBS has them all, I was referring to new maps not updated old maps, which is fine just would be nice to have brand new maps to play.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If Freaknovich didn't quit because a fuck ton of vets jumped on him for Commandergrad, yeah.

Mapping is as time-consuming as coding but they don't get appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Not many get appreciated who contribute, its how it is with this community. There are some that do and they made the difference for me and why I kept VIPER up as long as I did, but it seems more do not than do. Or the ones who don't speak a lot louder than those who do.

But new maps would be great and I for one would appreciate them.

8. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

I started making a map for empires, but then I got treated like shit so its been abandoned.

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

You shouldn't give up on it. Yea the community is shit, but it is slowly getting better. People are slowly starting to treat each other better which is good. Just disregard the hate and only listen to constructive criticism. Telling someone "This fucking sucks" does nothing remotely helpful for them or anyone helping out.

10. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

True but I really have no reason to bother finishing it, there's like no servers to even put it on and frankly I can actually get more mapping for gmod instead. Honestly a few guys actually have paid me to make a few maps specifically for them, not much but it was nice.

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Yep, and of course we can't force you to finish it either. However, for the community it would be extremely nice to have new maps, and the community may even grow soon. Who knows.

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

If you didn't treat people like shit you would have been treated better. and don't muck up my thread with drama.

Sgt.Security likes this.
  13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Well then go, map for gmod if that's what you care.

Empires contribution is free and voluntary, do it or don't.

You getting paid for mapping? Who cares, I am getting paid IRL for scripting too.

Also read Vicki's reply. Are you trying you act like you are the good boy here?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  14. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

I don't remember saying anyone's name specifically, course its obvious now.

15. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

its funny how DT says the community is getting better, and then senor awesome drops that amazing quote.

10/10 laughed rela harrd

SeƱor_Awesome likes this.
  16. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Yea... it's improving slowly. Baby steps. Once it improves enough, I heard devs will actually start posting and taking suggestions again. Goals perhaps?

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I'm sick and tired of a completely legitimate thread turned into a stink fest because one person decides that their life isn't complete unless he starts crap.

If this community has any chance of flourishing the toxic people should be removed from it. Quality not quantity will help this mod on many levels.

18. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I support new maps being made. I know I have talked to two people who have had interest in new maps, hopefully more step up.

19. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I still don't get the hate for that map, I think it's pretty swell. At most it's super hard to go against a really coordinated squad because they can take advantage of so many parts of the map, but I feel that's just showing how much tactical variety of the map there is.

I do know of someone who was working on a new map, but I dunno how far along he was with it. I'll give him a poke and see what he's up to.

20. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

thanks Kid and lazy, I also heard from someone today who is going to make a new map. This is awesome. I really think it will spark more interest in playing to have fresh new maps added.