[POLL] Which is your favourite armour and why?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by VulcanStorm, Nov 23, 2016.

?

Which is your favourite armour, and why?

1. Absorbant

50.0%
  2. Capacitative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Composite

33.3%
  4. Deflective

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Plain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Reactive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Regenerative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Whatever counters my opposition...

16.7%
  1. Ranger

Ranger Member

I disagree with having making bio diesel a better engine. I personally like it the way it is. It fits my playstyle. I load my tank with weapons and overheat often but I don't want to stop moving so bio has that.

Also what flasche said. Apart from that getting all equipment from a single tree unbalances the game a bit. Like, if that was the case with bio, you should make the other research trees standalone too. Which doesn't work, because engines and armous are used in different situations. I consider compo and regen an all-rounder because of the regeneration so I believe they would be the preferred research trees.

Also @Paradox consider that if you don't get "Optimal tanks" for nobs there's a higher chance they will lose the tank without killing anything or at least getting a point for doing something. Also normal games are more netflix and chill. I personally take my time. I always try getting meds at 15min. works out fine. Point is you don't need to be so fast with research, like, all the time. I understand what you're saying.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I get your point with noobs need optimal tanks, but only in rare cases will an afv win against a medium tank. So I like to rush better chasis in comparison to weaponssince you cant use the weapons anyway until you have those medium tank. Also Not your entire team is comprised of noobs. If a vet gets in a medium he can do so much damage if other team doesnt have mediums. Thats my tactic rush mediums blitz the map and win.

Also I never netflix and chill when I play. I play to win every. single. time. So Ill get the same research everytime if my win chances go up by even a half of a percent.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I feel like you have this backwards, time is essential in scrims but it doesn't mean much in pubs unless you are like 10 minutes late. I say this because of how many times I get meds or heavies and no one gets them for like 2-3 minutes, and this me constantly saying we have better tanks. It's a bit different if there is competent people on the other team, but a lot of times these competent people are also the ones keeping their tank alive and don't switch til they lose it.

Ranger, You can't overheat yourself anymore so I don't see how bio diesel's ability helps you out here. I guess if the enemy is running plasma or there's stun stickies everywhere but I really don't see that happening that often.

4. Ranger

Ranger Member

Wot

I overheat myself :/

I remember overheating with NF heavy with double salvo dumg std cannon absorbant and bio engine

What changed. Confus =s

5. Paradox

I disagree, if you have mediums lets say 3-5 minutes earlier like I said in my first excerpt it means you can take over a large chunk of the map at once. This ofcourse means that you as a commander have to give the orders to get in a medium tank and take the map. I agree if you have a comm who does the research I do and doesnt take advantage of the time gain then you might aswell not do it. If you make use of the 3-5 minutes time gain you can litterally take both contest zones on the map and confine enemy team to their main base. This is my tactic going into almost every single game. Hold out till mediums then blitz the map and siege base.

6. Lazybum

Well I'm with you on that, get a weapon at least then grab mediums. I don't think anyone actually disagrees with that notion. It's just you make it sound like once you have meds you immediately go for heavies and here I would say it's worth the time investment to go grab another weapon. Unless you are be and went physics, because all be needs is ranged or he cannon to do it's job. Nf is in a similar boat, but not many rush the missile and wait for the cannon and missiles can be a bit harder to use.

Really, there's just something incredibly wrong when you can get the heavy tank, the thing most people say is suppose to close out a game(lol it doesn't), at the 22 minute mark which is either 50% or 33% of the total game time, because most games end in that 40-60 minute period. That's 20-40 minutes of being at the "end" game, even though that is taking the vast majority of the game time. This is the reason I'm sad that chassis cost was removed again, it really helped extend early and mid game and became less about rushing heavies. I really could give less of a shit if it's preventing comebacks, there's something also wrong with the notion you are losing the whole game then all of a sudden with your mighty tank you take back the whole map. That's retarded.

7. Paradox

I do immediately go for heavies because like I said If im BE I get ranged canons thats DU and dual ranged on a heavy, if Im NF I go electrical or chem, thats missiles for my heavies. Games dont end not because both sides are equally strong. Games dont end because neither side can get the coordination going to end it. Thats where I come in yelling at my players to take positions by getting into tanks. I have seen plenty of games where it apparently looks like its stalemating, then I join get in a heavy and get 2 vets to come with me and just go in their base and destroy it. Or just rush their comm and destroy it. Games tend to drag on for no other reason than players suck at teamwork

I never really said I was losing the whole game and then coming back. I just said whenever I play I aim for getting mediums faster and taking the map. Lets say its duststorm both sides are kinda on equal footing one has ruins the other has mid and top. If one side gets mediums faster they can take over the map really easy if the comm starts commanding. At that point you dont just cheer and defend. You push on and start sieging enemy base and close the game.

8. Lazybum

The comment about making come backs isn't about now, it's about when security removed the chassis costs. His reason for removing it was because it prevented comebacks and I say that's a dumb reason. We shouldn't be hitting end game soooooooooo soon into a match, especially if that end game, those heavy tanks, are the least fun part of empires.

Hitting a main only works on an open map, you can't really do that on a chokepoint map like canyon or coast, not if the enemy team is somewhat competent. If they aren't competent then I question how you can say playing against a crippled kid is good support for your argument. I fully expect 2 competent vets to crush a scrub team if they have the firepower to do it, which means heavies usually. Meds can do the job sometimes though if you got an extra 10 seconds to wail on the comm.

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Did anyone ever try to add in a construction time for vehicles that varies with the chassis type? If so, how did that affect gameplay?

10. Paradox

I agree that we shouldnt be hitting end game so soon. Ive advocated for it in many different ways to make early game and midgame last longer.
    But because Im a tryhard I will be trying to reach lategame ( heavies ) as fast as possible because thats the optimal way to win a game.

Hitting a main doesnt mean hitting their vf, but just taking out their 2 satelite bases and starting to push on their main. Not target VF or anything just that all the fronts the enemy team is fighting on is to preserve their on base from going down. You might fully expect 2 competent vets to crush a scrub team and yes they will, but they wont end the game not without coordinating together. That requires another vet thats good at coordinating to pull that toogether.

What Im saying is that I do coordinate my team and that is a factor that weighs in a lot when it comes down to who is going to win.
    Coordinating players are not as common as they used to be thus crushing enemies is easyer than ever before.

11. Paradox

you mean you sit in the vf for a minute for your heavy tank? Or you make a reservation for your heavy tank?

12. Ranger

Ranger Member

I've thought of timers. One reason I believe this wouldn't work in Empires is that maps are too small.

13. Lazybum

Paradox I feel like we are agreeing but from 2 different directions. Every thing you say is true, and I say that's terrible just from a "it's bad for the game if it works like that". I mean more that it's terrible that we lack players with map awareness or the ability to do something about a given situation., which in turn is bad for the health of the game. My map awareness is crap and even I notice more things then the average player, that's awful.

Point I was attempting to make is that while there's a lot of truth to what you say it shouldn't work like that, and I don't think lumping everything in trees to accentuate that idea is a good idea.

I like the reservation idea, though wait in vf might be cool if you got to see the tank being built. It kinda reminds me of my manufacturing idea I had, but that's way out of scope for empires.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I mean it would take some time to build a vehicle after hitting the build button. Right now you can react instantly to the other team's strategy by getting the right vehicle for it, like countering a rush with arty by shelling the rushers. If you have to wait 20 seconds to build the arty, then rushing will actually work without having to be suicidal about it.

15. Paradox

I agree that the problem is lack of what ever. But is the next decision then to make empires "babyproof" or implement systems to make people more aware?
    I think the easyer road is to make empires baby proof. But the better one is to implement systems to make people more aware. Being ingame notifications and tips/tricks. And a more comprehensive tutorial more guides, more video guides etc. = way more work

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont think we had that, but i predict people humping the vf like they did when there was a tank limit.