Forum Administration Needs Improving

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by vipervicki, Nov 12, 2016.

1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

if I ran VIPER like this no one would have liked playing on it, I always tried to implement players suggestions on things I was able to, to make them feel they had a say in the server.
    If players wanted a map removed I removed it, if they wanted a map put in cycle I did. If they felt something was needed I paid for a plugin etc etc etc

So if someone is asking for their own thread removed its obvious its something that's making them uncomfortable or they feel is wrong, to be denied is dictatorial and unfair.

2. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

dude, the first post of a thread is reflecting the topic - as the discussion goes on it can change and the first post should be updated to reflect the changeings! ;-)
    while i agree that editing posts should have a time limit the first post should stay unlimited!

the thing with the admin's here is that they are like NUBS admins - there are good ones wich you barrely notice but at the right moments and bad ones that eighter do nothing, exergerating it or in worst case abusing their powers! - but to be fair, that's a problem at all community's where amateurs admin and even in professional section you can catch an admin at his bad day!

the problem at this community seems that the admins have no clear guidelines when to admin and how!
    (idk the actual case tough!!!)

hehe, sadly they do, even if you pleased them to be patiant - they just reply like having nothing better to do -.-#

i just agree on all of that, idk why vicky is so heavy against it :-(
    tough i saw and already feeled the discrepancy in forum administration here - and that a thread opener should be taken more serious by the mods or gain some more powers like locking thread by themselfes (but NOT/NEVER to delete it, that has to go over the mod/admin as request!) - could be abused true, but not as harmfull as deleting whole threads!

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

its not my server and when I did have one VIPER bans, admin issued server issues were always discussed on VIPER forums, as EPIC server issues were discussed on their forums, server discussions was looked down upon on the forums.

but that's not the real issue I stated the real issue several times.

4. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

@vipervicki:
    in case of JGF's "how we should/i admin" thread, the thing is it has evolved through the discussion and gotten some new points that deserve to stay preserved! - it might has been opened at the wrong place and in the wrong direction, but clearly isn't in that direction anymore! - so no, i can understand why it wouldn't be deleted!

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

JGF asked for it to be deleted or locked days ago, the day he made it, long before the rest of the posts were made, only 2 or so were made at that time.

6. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

it contains other people's posts, and nothing in there is in breach of forum rules. Most forums have a rule that you can't wipe out the first post of a thread, we should probably have that too.

Caelo likes this.
  7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

LT just griefed so bad on coast, herbie was there megaman senor awesome tony hawk donald trmp joy acolyte everyone can attest.
    context: NF took middle south and north, every part of the map. Lt drives out of BE main base straight to NF rax stops there gets walled and sticky stunned. Great admin grief

8. LT.

LT. Member

Paradox

Go cry to your mom. I wouldn't call it griefing when there was only 1 NF rax in south on coast. I go to take it out. 2 guys come out and then sticky and wall me in as I try to run them over and everyone spawns there. I would call it epic teamwork from NF. If you even noticed, nobody from BE went south. The fact that I dropped a VF in my main to get people to come and help me get out of being stuck ASAP clearly shows I wasn't griefing. I wanted to survive and was unable to. I lost fair to the better team, in this case squad that got me.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Lol everyone spawned? My squad consisting of 5 people including herbie and megaman were pushing south and you drove into our rax and just stopped. Nice grief mate.

Driving into an enemy rax with no backup against a squad of 5 is not griefing at all. Nooooo. If anyone else did that they'd be banned butyou can do it its fine.

10. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

I am unable to find a report from JustGoFly asking for the thread to be removed, I'm not sure how he asked for the thread to be locked.

Deleting posts is something I try to do sparingly, it is highly disruptive for the archive value of the forum. You still have the option of editing your own posts if you really want to remove something you said.

When asked by the original poster of the thread I'll usually lock the post.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Fly asked tama. Thecreeper asked smithy who passed it to tama.

12. Ranger

Ranger Member

I thought admins were able to move posts apart from whole threads..? Like can't you take the last posts from JGF's topic and make a new thread with the latest discussed topic from there while locking the original? I'm gonna go play more videogames now.