POLL: VOTE FOR UNITED STATES PRESIDENT ★★★★★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JustGoFly, Oct 31, 2016.

?

Who would you vote for for U.S. President

Poll closed Nov 8, 2016.
  1. Donald Trump

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Hillary Clinton

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Abstain

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Gary Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jill Stein

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. Darrell Castle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Evan McMullin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Rocky De La Fuente

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Laurence Kotlikoff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Tom Hoefling

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

IF it works, its a huge step forward. However, I'll remain skeptical. It will still be many many years before these things are used commercially though if I'm not mistaken. This one I don't believe can even produce more than it consumes in terms of power.

3. Paradox

The wendelstein is not going to be viable, but the technology behind it and the science is insane. They can't scale a stelerator up like they can with a tokamak. But it was just an experiment. The ITER is going places though either way we're going to have fusion in the next 50 years

4. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Did it actually work? I haven't followed that for a while, I'll have some reading to do tonight if it did.

Also, what about that new Space engine that they are testing? What's your thought on that Paradox? If it works, we have achieved an absolutely tremendous breakthrough in space travel, one that is unprecedented.

5. Paradox

They tested the wendelstein and it works but the machine is inefficient as hell compared to the tokamak ( production ). And super expensive to make
    look at this video and especially the last 30 seconds. Those parts all cost so much and have to be precision made and every piece is different = super goddamn expensive

compare this to a tokamak which is just a donut scaling this up production wise is way easyer and cheaper.

I have no clue about space engines or engines in general, but if you link me I'll read up on it.

edit: I found it, the EM drive you mean? I actually don't know shit about that, the EM drive goes beyond me how it works.

6. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I did read about how every piece is unique. It's insane that is what is required, but if it works... damn. I wasn't aware they tested it yet, I last checked in on that when it only worked via computer simulation and they were still building it for the official first test. Good that it worked, we are moving towards a green future. Like I said, I think we will be able to completely cut out green house gases soon and reverse the affects just by our inventions. We might lose a couple Island's, but it will be reversed soon enough.

Yes, the EM drive boggles everyones mind. NASA is putting it into space, on a satellite in a decaying orbit here soon to see if it ACTUALLY works. I'm sure they have done all the math, but apparently the EM drive produces very very little thrust, but it could technically get us up to almost the speed of light if it runs long enough. Hopefully it doesn't fall out of orbit before it is actually tested, but I guess they could see if the orbit even changes slightly to see if it works.

Also, if this works, apparently it means we could get to the closest star in about half a human lifetime, if I remember reading correctly, and traveling to mars could be done in as little as 70 days only using electricity. Imagine a fusion reactor with this baby on board, almost unlimited propulsion once in space. No one knows how it works, the theory currently is that there are unknown particles that violate the laws of physics currently.

I also think we should use the nuclear bomb propulsion to start sending out probes. Would be interesting.

7. Paradox

Keep in mind a very important aspect of spacetravel, yes it might be capable to travel to the nearest start in half a human lifetime, but no we won't be able to stop and check it out. If you wanna go somewhere you need to speed up, but shit son you also gotta slow down which is very tricky. Right now the space focus was on speeding up but if you wanna really get somewhere you need to be able to do both and not lose a ton of time in the process.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

You can use planets and such to break though, like if you have the knowledge to make an engine to get you to a star in 25 years you can map a breaking manoeuvre track using planets gravity to catch and deflect you over and over as you break.

9. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Thats the problem with this engine. However, the thought is if the small scale prototype works as it has in many many tests, a large scale version could speed up quickly and slow down quickly. But, for the amount of time you are speeding up you would also have to slow down unless you use planets to brake and slow down.

10. Paradox

You cant speed up too fast or slow down too fast either cause G force and shit. Although that doesnt count if we just send probse

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Yea, but the thing about the EM drive is it is a gradual speed up so it could negate some of those issues, hopefully. But for Probes, we should just gun it. Hell, for probes we could even use the Nuclear bomb propulsion now to get up to 10% the speed of light.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

You can buffer loads of gforces by rapidly moving weight around in your breaking space craft

For example pump the complete water supply from the front of the ship to the back of the ship while breaking full thrust, this combined with orbital breaking manoeuvres make it possible to get a lot of leeway concerning gforces.

13. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

It is literally only the USA's Green Party that does this. Green Parties in real countries are far more sensible (aside from their stubborn views on nuclear power.)

14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL @real countries..

15. Ranger

Ranger Member

What, Nuclear Bomb Propulsion is an abandoned project. As far as I know the engine is only used in Kerbal Space Program (in videogames). Are you referring to another design Trump? If not, I can't see how one could use it without causing severe damage over time. I don't know what happens to radiation 200km over the ground but I'm not comfortable with the idea of tiny nuclear explosions in the atmosphere. People against nuclear power in general would freak out.

16. Paradox

no idea what kind of nuclear bomb propulsion it is. But mosts good nuclear bombs these days are fusion bombs initiated by fission so way less radiation than only fission bombs

17. Space_Oddity

Only a figment of my imagination could be spackered enough to have elected Nixon (twice), an actor, two bushes and a demagogue-come-failed-businessman-come-reality-tv-host.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

But did hillary win a wrestlemania match? I dont think so.

A-z-K likes this.
  19. Space_Oddity

I'll concede the whole Hilary thing. We have Tony Blair, a literal war criminal, who managed to get the entire country to forget about Chilcot and the Iraq War by stirring shit in the party he used to lead.

Deleting emails ain't shit. I'm not saying she isn't a crook and a cunt but I am saying we can beat that.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Rightful heir to the Ion Lady then.

Yes im taking a piss on how iron is pronounced