★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I dont wanna take away the victory from DT but I think this says quite a lot about the democrats and the voters in general in the states
    https://i.imgur.com/TOGIbcP.jpg

also hillary won the popular vote, I Thought she lost it but I stand corrected and I think DT stands corrected too

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

the popular vote is still being counted and she's ahead by a very slim amount, and the democrats not turning out to vote says a lot about what they think of her.

3. Paradox

It is still being counted? Its been 2 days already lol

Anyway It's pretty sad that you're voter turnout is so low when the elections are so polarizing, you'd think people would actually care more

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Clinton should have handed out free taco's for voters. sure it isn't free healthcare but everyone loves tacos.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

it was all manipulated. didnt you hear, the bussed people around ...

6. Paradox

they really suck at manipulating

7. flasche

thats part of how they won the elections. lies, fear, uncertainty, doubt, envy, discord. you name it.
    and im no sore lose, because i didnt play in first place.

also is it true that he wants to make sarah palin part of his cabinet? thats the big minds counseling him? an ex goldman sachs minister of finance - thats so not establishment and totally not what let americans bleed in the first place? lel

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

absentee ballots are counted after the election

9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

the fact that you think that means you haven't a clue why such an unconventional candidate like trump was elected.
    as for his cabinet it hasn't been decided yet but since he has no experience in holding any office he needs people who have, but newt and rudy will be 2 of his top advisors. chief of staff and AG, both are brilliant and perfect ones to advise.

10. flasche

oh i fully understand how he won. by FUD. i just needed to listen to you.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

big govt and corruption was voted down and the people spoke. Anyone who has a problem with this, just suck it up.

12. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

She did win the popular vote. However, the electoral college exists for exactly this reason because our forefathers didn't want big cities running the election. I agree, this election has been a shitfest, but people were disenfranchised with the democrats after Obama, hence the huge drop for Obama. And this actually fits with what I was saying, Hillary ran a fear mongering campaign to try to get people to not vote for him but also not vote for her so it lead to people just not voting. That or both candidates were "bad" in some people's opinion and just didn't vote, the more likely scenario.

Electoral college is there to provide the rural people the same vote as the cities. Our cities tend to be EXTREMELY democratic, which if that happened, all candidates would focus on is policies of our cities and of the majority, rather than the minority. The electoral college gives the small states with less people a guaranteed say in the election, making it so candidates have to have a well rounded policy rather than targeting the population centers. People say we need to repeal it, but then our small states, the states who focus on the agriculture and industries that cities don't have, would have 0 say in anything.

13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

as far as I can tell the final tally for the popular vote isn't reached yet, so no one won it yet, unless you have a link that states a final total...but HRC has a slim lead atm. Also she lost 3 states in the Dems blue wall.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Thats not funny, thats disrespectful and horrible.

He could have just said he works for the trump campaign and left it at that.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

or not, and be politically active

just dont be anti democratic about it.

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

that's not what I meant, it means stop whining about it. it is what it is because the dems did not want to vote for her so they had a low turnout.
    They should grow up and act like adults like Hillary, Obama and Trump are doing.
    I'm proud of all 3 of them given the nastiness of this campaign from all sides, they put their differences aside, want a smooth transition and do what's best for America, people should follow their lead.

Obama and Trump just finished their first meeting and it was very uplifting to see them feel good about each other.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Where's the disrespect and the horror?

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I walk up to you with a smile as a butchery salesclerc and ask if i can help you pick your meat.

you flip your shit and start yelling out NO NO NO MEAT IS MURDER LOL YOU SCUMFUCK

i dunno, it kinda feels unnessesarily cold to someone just doing their job

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Get over it, the campaigning is over. We need to be open minded, give him a chance and let the President elect lead, because that's what serves America and its people best.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Well, we made it over 3000 posts in this thread, i feel we deserve some praise.

How about we celebrate that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.