[NUBS Server] Slaughtered, map replacement Poll

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by BlackRedDead, Oct 16, 2016.

?

Should "emp_slaughtered" replaced with "emp_massacred"?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2016.
  1. Yes, R.I.P. Slaughtered - Hello Massacred!

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No, slaughter(/)massacre on theire own!

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. I don't care

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

Hey guys,
    you know i don't like slaughtered, it's an unfinished ugly map with poor gameplay!
    (stacking tank pulks at the choke points)
    so i am very happy that we got an overhaul by @Varbles called "Massacred"

In my eye's it is time to get rid of slaughtered in favor of massacred!
    But i know there are many ppl that still enjoy playing slaughtered (for whatever reason... - but i can't explain why it gets voted EVERY FU***NG EVENING!!! -.-# if not the voting plugin is broken! - report here)

Feel free to use this thread to discuss about "Slaughtered" - for "Massacred" use the official thread by Varbles please! :)

Vote Rules:
    - you can change your vote at any time
    - vote ends in seven weeks (Dec 4, 2016 at 7:56 PM)

Update (17.10.):
    okay, i clearly missed the point - but i haven't the time to fix that issue anymore! :-/
    anyway, if no one comes up with better arguments to delete it until next week i request the moderators to close&delete this thread (no matter/point anymore) - if no one disagree ofc! :-)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  2. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Slaughtered has its place. Great for low pop, and a classic empires map.

Massacred is far better for high pop, and deserves more play.

Both are fine.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Slaughtered is fun when both teams are incredibly incompetent or have at least one really good squad who can get behind enemy lines. Most of the time this is not the case and it sucks.

But hey the maps aren't the same so I wouldn't quite get rid of it. Maybe make it a low pop only map like how palm can't be nominated when there's a lot of people on.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Slaughtered indicates a problem with the gameplay.

Removing the map doesn't kill the problem.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

yep. no problems with slaughtered.
    the issue is whatever causes games like i one i encountered on bootybay a couple days ago that lasted 3 hours.

i think security will be happy to know that once the com got arty we won (still took an extra 20 minutes of battling though)

6. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

Update:
    - added an update
    - reportet/requestet for lockage in a week and deletion

7. JK!

JK! Member

Umm you don't even have a vote option to drop Massacred, (I <3 Varbles, but seriously, Slaughtered is just tougher, massacred is far easier).

Do me a favor, and just work on using your mic in-game (especially when you're commanding. for the love of god), and we'll get along just fine.
    Cheers mate.

8. Ranger

Ranger Member

JK.

You!

Here!

When I rarely think of Empires nowadays, Slaughtered is one of the maps I picture

9. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Slaughtered and Massacre are both awesome - please leave both. What I find interesting is how com's and players treat each very differently. NF doesn't rush S bend on Massacre'd. You use different strategy on each.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

well there is a whole additional "lane" and for whatever reason people like tunnels and other prebuilt map structures. its like a magnet sucking them up ...

11. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

true, they are different - but in my eye's slaugthered is just not worth to be called a finished map (with many others together) but played EVERY freaking evening -.-
    wich cause me to just use the opportunity and finally go to bed if it gets voted! xD

but also true the reasons why (poor terrain, boring textures, lack of detail, few but unfinished props, horrible driving exp., BE sided balance, stupid gameplay by 1-2 chokepoints w/o any tactical deep - tough thats a problem with gamebalance too...) are sticking out and punch you in the face everytime you even dare to play on it!
    (even rainbowroad is a better map... xP - or to name it less absurdly, even bootybay - fucking 1-way map! - is better!)

so, i can't say much about the gameplay on massacred (2x played) - but thank our map god that he made it a real map! (still pray we could get rid of slaughtered and play new fancy massacred more often!)

edit:
    wow, at least 3vs7 - maybe a valid concern to discuss about...
    but still not much hope that the server owners delete any map from queue anyway (tough actually i count <50 maps to be in good quality! - ~100 that are good enough or at least "fun" to play - yea i count some of my personal hates too)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  12. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I changed the name to massacred because I want it to be independent of slaughtered's legacy, cause slaughtered is crap but still fun in it's own predictable way. If slaughtered gets removed then people will inevitably start to "remember" it being a flawless map that nobody ever got sick of, and demand it back anyway.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  13. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

i just saying - it's worth to be an replacement!^^

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

On prefer them both but it at the same time, or of there is play cap per map that comes into play

15. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

hmm... slaughtered makes absolute no fun with 16vs16+ - on lower end like 8vs8 it's just a boring huge map for infantry, where you just get a scout at the bridge and 2 tanks at the other chokepoint and being safe with some defences from BE side - NF idk, because NF has fewer buildspace (BE=2FOB, NF=1FOB) and also can be badly pushed back early it just sucks!
    (also NF has the goddamn bridge in theire semi-FOB space, while BE has a full FOB with some distance to the bridge!)

the problem is that for the 2 chokepoints it is a big map! - massacred is much better suited for 16vs16+ counts and gives more varity in battledynamics!

(as i said, in the class of "low pop" maps even bootybay is a better map!, no doubt that i still hate this "one way" shit!)

16. flasche

there is so much wrong with your analysis i dont know where to start. but for a start, a scunt at the bridge is probably the worst idea and a total waste of a player (like scunt in general is a waste of a player - and dont come at me with stickies, thats a niche use and only works with support and you still probably would be more useful as any other class), comm should park there with (his engi) walls built (up so far that you cant jump over them) and (his engi) camera and mg turret down behind them. in case there is a real push on bridge that should provide enough delay to have your dudes killspawn (which ofc requires you to speak into your mic)

also the openess of brenodis side is a downside for them, if you manage to get to center - and that usually is less of a problem in small games because people dont know the power of walls anymore - they are basically fucked. brenodi can reach the chokepoint a tad earlier, but with smart nadespam wont get the rax up if you swim across the water with only one guy stopping for the ref and another going for the expansion location.

but there barely is any organisation anymore and new players dont know the ins and outs.

edit:
    omg, i could go on and on about slaughtered strategies. dont get me wrong, i hate the map, but i hate it even more when people dont know how to play it.
    its probably the single most straight forward map in empires. you need to do this, than that and you expect the enemy do this and that and conteract with another this and that. only money is as predestined (or was before the prebuilt walls)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Donald Trump likes this.
  17. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I thought BRD was talking about what generally happens on slaughtered, not what the strategy was. He's not really wrong either, it wouldn't be a slaughtered game without a scout on bridge.

Sincerely,
    A scout on bridge

BlackRedDead likes this.
  18. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

scouts are an issue, but mostly because of theire balancing! - they are a mix of "fast response" AI support and dedicated recon - wich would be great in this game but the class doesn't feature much for this role or OP some parts (wich made the class just IMBA! - but that does attach to the Gren aswell!)
    i saw scouts on the bridge very often and it is not the worst thing! - but a rifleman with AR or LMG can do the same job! (guarding the bridge from swimmers earlygame - hiding scouts can do that midgame aswell, tough never forever and at changed pos around the bridge!)

(for stickys we need an own thread!)

at the current balancing yes, scouts are very useless at most maps! (unless you are a 360° noscope sniper god - wich is impossible at the current mess of a scoped AR that can't be used for quick response shots and need to be handled like a SR! - tough at CS they have SR behaving like DMR's xD)

well, i mostly saw NF loosing if BE is not totaly incompetent - NF has a favor of being pushed back tough (only 1 front), BE is pretty f***ed if NF manages to get the middle of the map (splited bases and only the second at lower right is safe from "backdooring" and has decent anti artillery space that is hard to be hit from afar, tough if NF reaches the middle it can highshot around it!) thats true, but BE is easyer to gain&keep map control just because of the terrain shape!

well, it's a simple map - easy to gain strategies for it xP
    complex maps need complex and more flexible strategies - i'm pretty sure there's maybe even "the perfect" research pattern for slaughtered - wich is quite boring...

hehe, add signs with that orders on the map! >:D
    (semi-tutorial, then an own server for all the noobs to play on! xP)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  19. flasche

there is nothing a scout could do which couldnt be done better by another class. and on top of this it got hide which makes people do stupid things and be even more useless under the impression it would help anyone.

the only thing scunts do is being plain annoying to both their team and the enemy.

1 scout on a larger team is ok, but only because it doesnt weight much ...

its like "oh great you stunned a tank - why the hell didnt you just kill it", "oh great you sabbed a rax - why the hell didnt you just kill it", "oh great you hit a random guy after half an hour and have 1 point - why the hell didnt you pick rifle and kill ten times as many in the same time".

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016