Somebody doesn't care fo JustGoFly...

Discussion in 'General' started by JK!, Oct 22, 2016.

1. JK!

JK! Member

Spectated a pretty bad game on Bootybay that just ended, but low and behold somebody from NF is not a big fan of Vinnie (JGF). I never though this kind of spray would be necessary to the Empires experience, but apparently somebody doesn't agree. Is this what Empires has come to? :(

[​IMG]

2. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I used to have a spray that was light blue and said something to the effect of JGF Sucks and kept putting it in obvious places where the comm would be looking for laughs.

But I think that was in good fun. This... doesn't appear to be that way.

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

JGF catches a lot of flak. But for all that flak he actually plays a ton, is petty good at showing new people how to play and commands games regularly.
    So you don't have to love him or his play style but you should cut him some slack cos he's alright.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Neoony likes this.
  4. Ranger

Ranger Member

I think the "fucking N" part is sweet

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Does JK want us to go on a whitch hunt for the guy who spray painted it, or is this a JGF appraisal thread? Cause I cant tell.

6. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I'm down for some JGF appraisal. I still respect him quite a bit from all that time when he and I were the only regular commanders.

I fear the years have made us both a little bitter, though.

7. JK!

JK! Member

@Paradox, no, JGF already knows who it is, I doubt a witch hunt would do any good. I don't know what a JGF appraisal would entail, but he's always helping new players out, maybe for some reason they don't value him as much.

@rest (not Ranger of Ithlien), I just think it's cowardly is all. What exactly does it accomplish? (Does it skirt a ban/kick?) When people complain about how games get stacked, and agnonize about the Empires experience what would you expect when this is the kind of thing people like JGF have to deal with.

@Ranger, At no point does that note say: "fucking N", I know English is not your first language; but if you need help, just ask.

@Image , Is that a blackface smiley face?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

couldn't post for a few hours my account was not working, but its been taken care of, for now.

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I like JGF a lot, he keeps games going in the off-hours and commands for teams that I wouldn't command if you paid me.

Tama likes this.
  10. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Hey guys - no worries, it's a young kid that I tried to teach and although he speaks in the game, he only wants to push jeeps into team mates as scout and troll teams. I told him off and he got pissed. I'm no angel in this game. He has the right to voice his opinion any way he likes, and be a dick in the game, like we all can be at times. I think he may have thought I would have taken action against him for the spray, but the only action would be to make him remove the last word. We don't tolerate racism, and you get one confirmed warning and a 1 day ban if you don't comply. Everyone else I have told this to has had no problem with it.

PS: Thanks for the love - I'm sending each of you a cyber hug.
    And Awesome - Why don't you drop a f'ing turret? LOL Keep playing, just know that when things get hot - it's the game and normal human aggression showing it's ugly face. Nothing personal! So I don't take offense to the spray. He's found a creative way to express himself. But he has to remove that last word.

Señor_Awesome likes this.
  11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I thought it was suppose to be-> Why arent there any turrets here? Why isnt there a second rax? Hey senor why are there no support buildings there? Everything ought to be a question

12. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

JGF: A wall - WTF does it take for you to drop a F'ing wall outside the rax, GDI! OMG He's research Gas + Compo, Who the F does that anymore. LOL.
    Awesome: JGF Why do you ask for something in the form of critical statement?
    JGF: Awesome Why do you suck?

I get excited, have a big mouth, but can be normal when not under pressure. I hate my whiney self and when reminded of it, I tend to straighten out. Awesome did it most gracefully in a recent game. I applaud him for that. Anyway - lets keep it fun, I'll eventually blow a major artery in the game and you won't have to listen to me anymore. LOL

PS: Awesome your COD Turret research goes down as one of the best strategies for that map. I knew every time I saw that com vehicle parked, there were three upgraded turrets behind it being built - you bastard!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

these are the games i want to play

the games i get to play are usually 10 noob scunts per team with 1 newbie rifleman comm though

14. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

JGF it's all good, I know how exciting this game can be. You're certainly one of the more dependable team members to have out there and you always know how to hit me where it hurts on things I haven't done yet as a comm during a match.

Also, as I've probably advised several people before, turret research is the best go-to when you know you can't rely on your team to accomplish anything. And chances are if you're playing COD you can't depend on anybody for anything. So you bust out them level 3s and you show the world that you can win this game on your own!

15. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

The Epic games come down to balanced players and talented commanders. Helping those players is what a good com is all about. As soon as I see a commander play serially - drop a building, get out and build, drop one more building - I know we're doomed. The guys who are great com's, and we have a bunch, will feed their team. Everything seems to drop all at at once, vocal warnings and targets are being pointed everywhere, armories are there when you get damage, and yet the enemy is doing the same. THOSE are the games I love. Those are the games of back and forth - sometimes for long periods. Skill assassins sneak or attempt a rush and are dealt with, leaving an opportunity for the enemy to push in. There are a many that know distraction and opportunity work hand in hand. When I see the enemy has Heavies and we have Light tanks and 3 minutes to heavies - only thing to do is distract for 3 minutes, rush an APC into their base, put walls everywhere as an engineer, mine everything. As com - get a jeep to every refinery and drop one turret to lure them.

We had ONE yesterday and oddly on Nuclear. I thought with the skilled team we had we would have no problem, but we never got in sync. We got the base flag too late, and you can tell the defenders were skillfully kicking our asses. They had the right mix of rev engineers, grens and riflemen. It was small pop - but fun as heck and frustrating as heck too. The way the game is now - you don't survive a 2 second burst, so once your spotted, you're dead. The only chance is synchronized attack in numbers, two die, revived, and finally that one defender is killed and we move in. If four rushers run into 3 defenders - they will usually fail. Same with tanks - armor is so weak and engines slow you have to fire from a distance or work in a group. And oddly 3 slot DU APC can eat up heavies. And of course due to weak armor everyone hates new players since they waste money. I hope we increase armor a little to make it easier for new players and longer head to head battles. And reduce strength of riflemen. Off the Soap box now...

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Turret on COD?
    *cough* CV *cough* wall *cough*

No really, COD is one of the maps that turrets are especially weak.
    You need to form a net with turrets, COD doesn't really give you that.

Not to mention COD has low tickets, you are supposed to rekt your enemy ASAP if you can't trust your team with tickets.

I remember my 1v2 comm against Spartacus and a regular on COD and he was spamming turrets, basically handed the game on a silverplate to me

Also yes, fun fact : a full clip of DUHMG can kill a heavy tank, we discovered that in the first test.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if a heavy is dumb enough to sit still and take a full DUHMG to the face then he deserves it... he can 2shot that apc

18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, but i think complaints come from when people remember how effective team work is, so 2 or 3 apcs will melt a tank. I know your counterpoint is heavies should also band together, but that price factor needs to be considered too, 3 apcs have the same cost as one heavy.

That said I don't really complain about it. Du can't be used against infantry or buildings, so it's only decent against vehicles. Even more the weight of 3 slot du means apcs can only have like 2 plates on all sides, maybe one on one side(it's been awhile can't remember). Which is why I really really wished 50 cal and du was split in the tree, I get 50 cal for cross roads and what do people get? Du, and thus we lose. People never consider when to actually use a weapon and that makes commanding harder then it needs to be.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Thanks for the elementary math.

I said fun fact, not useful fact.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i made no comment on you, or the validity of the claim you made as critique

heck i did not even address it as critique.

Maybe you need to take one of those chill pills, all i did was make a witty remark about a conceptualisation of a heavy tank sucking dick against an apc.