[suggestion] Scout weapons buff

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tama, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Today I tried out BE scout 1v1; the sniper rifle seems exactly the same as NF's to me, and both in my opinion should have a stabilizing feature (e.g. hold shift to stabilise at the cost of stamina) as seen in most games with snipers.

Also, the combat shotgun is absolutely useless; even the pistols are better. The long time between each shot while pumping the shotgun warrants at least enough damage that a shotgun to the face at 5 metres be deadly.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you are a scalliwag, combat shotgun is a fucking murderhouse... remember scout has hide at times and can instagib 1 person with a face shot, or kill lets say 3 riflemen by shooting twice and a little luck inside a rax.

its not a 1v1 duel 'people know you are coming' weapon, its an ambush and twitch shot weapon... and its GLORIOUSLY efficient at that.

Hey, make it even more powerful, see if i care if i pwn even more riflemen upclose.

Also scout rifle and the concept behind it is junk, please dont spend 'too much' time in supposedly long range instagib weapons... they dont fit empiresmod and the playstyle needed and a scout rifle that needs a couple shots is also useless.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Still want spike's shotgun, security knows what I'm talking about.

4. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

stabalizing? - at that small sway?! xD - but yea, could be interesting! :)
    BUT, overall i must agree that they don't really match empires gameplay - should be more a scoped AR in my eyes - reduced effektive range, semi-automatic & faster reload, AR magazine size, massive reduced dmg per shot (halfed minimum)
    the reasons are quite known - my personal addition is that most maps are a grindfest for snipers!

lol, and you think that because...?
    not powerfull enough... 2 shots are enough to kill EVERYONE in cqc - i hate shotguns, but actually theire reload time is a good counter!
    they are supposed to be cqc weapons - and at anything further away they are useless! xD
    (though i know games where they can still kill at around 8m if scoped/iron sighted)

and i can confirm that it is a "loved" tactic to sneak to enemy rax and just wait for insta kills at mid-endgame xP

5. Avatarix

Making scout rifle even EASIER to use? I had enough scunts in my life, and this would be just too easy.
    And shotgun comes in handy sometime, but it could use faster pump animation.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Scout rifle needs more "level of zooming".
    It currently only has 1, give it at least 2~4. I feel that's probably the best gift for sniper rifle.

Shotgun certainly needs a rework.

7. Avatarix

How does shotguns need reworking???

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

shotgun doesnt 1 hit kill, which i am happy about. "balance" doesnt mean fun. its not fun to be killed instantly by a thing thats mainly handled by latency

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yeah 1 hit kill is not fun at all, that's the reason why I nerfed shotty pistol.

Though I think shotgun deserves to be better at killing targets that's 1~2 raxes away from you.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  10. Lazybum

Spike's shotgun Spike's shotgun Spike's shotgun come onnnnnnnnn do eeeeeet

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Take a shotfun to the face see what happens m8

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Oh I didn't get back to you on this.

There's only two differences between his shotgun and our current shotgun.
    1: For all weapons, not just shotgun, he uses a damage multiplier of 1 for all peripheral hits.

2: He uses a much, much better Accuracy Upgrade Modifier for shotgun.

Anyway no, his shotgun would be ridiculously OP with accuracy upgrade and if you take that away, there's really no difference with our current shotgun.

I plan to make the shotgun more accurate, but it won't be allowed to 1-shot kill unless you literally stick it into enemy's head.

13. Lazybum

Of course the damage shouldn't be the same, but i see nothing wrong with having a tighter spread if you are packing accuracy upgrade.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it makes no sense and makes the shotgun unreliable for trick shots

15. Ranger

Ranger Member

Reloading is slow. I feel like speed upgrade should increase shotguns reloading speed cause it's so slow.

16. Lazybum

???? What do you mean unreliable for trick shots? A tighter spread means it will actually hit something at a distance. If you can half way aim it's more of a good thing in close quarters too because it means more shot hitting where you aim, which is hopefully the head or chest.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

get an smg for that. The shotgun fills a niche

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I would like shotgun to have tighter spread in general(with/without acc upgrade) & lower damage.

Like I said, if you don't take accuracy upgrade, his shotgun is the same as our live shotgun, only with higher damage(due to 1x peripheral damage).
    If you take accuracy upgrade, it's completely defying my anti-1-shot-kill policy.

19. Lazybum

The thing I like about shotgun is that it can kinda be used like the mortar, in that you pop out of cover for a half second to do some damage. Smgs you have to stay exposed to deliver that damage, shotgun is much quicker.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

So you want to change something that fills a niche, is well liked, and has its place to get something overpowered, totally unbalance able and no longer fit the class?

check.

edit; like, i get it... but shotgun really does fill a niche the scout needs to move towards, not away from.

I dont mind another shotgun