Empires 2.10.0 released

Discussion in 'News' started by Smithy, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Bugfixes
    • A fix to hopefully address the "Enemy Too Near" bug when attempting to place buildings.
    Non-code changes
    • Darker UI in general
    • New squad power icons
    • New nuke particle effect
    • Removed emp_noreturn
    • Removed duplicate sourcetest folder
    • New prop models
    Script changes
    • 3-slot Plasma CN cost 80->130 Damage 80->82 Speed 3000->3100 Gravity 0.4125->0.4 Exp Radius 325->300
    • Cost of most vehicle weapons redone. (mostly increased)
    • Adding 2-slot plasma CN, creating separate research for 2-slot and 3-slot plasma CN.
    • HE CN explosion radius 450->425
    • Vehicle speed drop. (very slightly)
    • Capacitive Damage to heat absorbed 0.045->0.04
    • DUMG Projectile Spread 0.02->0.018
    • 180mm&203mm arty buff.
    • Max ammo of NFHR and HMG will actually be multiples of clipsize.
    • SMG3 rework part 2 (buff)
    • NF med cost 150->170
    • NF med max weight 1092->1077
    • Guided ML speed 1200->1400
    • Overall slight nerf for BEAR.
    • SMG2 headshot modifier 1.2->1.4 (same as SMG1)
    • Adding Bio Cannon.
    • HEMG damage 10.5->10
    • Bio ML tweaks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
  2. complete_

complete_ lamer

didnt even get to test it!

i hope the ui has better visibility
    what models were added?

3. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

The test on October 1st is being changed to test 2.11.0 instead. There will be more to test for that version.
    Various map placeables, check "models/props" directory. Hopefully more to come.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Bio tree best tree, gg.

5. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

YAY, THANKS FOR YOUR WORK, I WANT BIO TO BE LEGITIMATE

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

More aids to the people!
    Great work anyhow :)

7. Avatarix

Well, as seen on crossroads is BioCN going to stay as strong as it is? Because BE mediums were having real big problems this time with that smaller armor pool.

8. Lazybum

Try grabbing absorbant, best armor against bio.

9. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Just a thought that came to mind for a feature we have needed for so long. Give the commander the ability to un-build a buildable that his team owns, with a similar cool-down to recycling a building perhaps. This would solve so many problems where new players build any buildable they see, and would give preplaced defenses a more viable use in maps. Moved to Suggestions thread.

props preview in case anyone wondering what they look like.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Terminator-X29B and Avatarix like this.
  10. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

(Personal) Update Experience:
    • building(*) coll/hitbox changed, buildings can't be accuratly placed again (was better befor)
    • vehicles tend more to "turn around"
    • the research for the 2 slot plasma CN has a cannon icon while it should have a "multi" icon
      i personally want suggest to just merge the 3 slot plasma reseach with this one because the actual balancing doesn't justify the extra research!
    • still some strange "something is in the way" situations at building(*) (hard to monitor because of it's slightly sporadic behavior)
    • "enemy to near" still buggy :-(
    Minor:
    • minecounter still on the wrong side (sorry, but it bugs me out every time i chose gren -.-)
    • persisting "F" icon (but a new reason - new players have no idea how the comrose look until they actually press F! xD - everyone else will just get anoyed by it!)
    • HUD overall better (^.^)-d (still some issues but progress is visible in the right direction)
    (*) fuuuu, i hate english for stuff like that! -.-# "building something" "the building" - well, could have used "build" instead... (still, stuff like "tough", "though", "thought" drives me crazy!)

11. Lazybum

Yeah so that bio cannon... I don't know what your plans are to change it but it does need a change. The thing with bio damage is that it does the full amount even if you only did like 1 damage to tank, you will get that full bio effect. So I suggest just changing it to either not have a explosive radius or nearly nothing, like 50. Quite honestly I think it's great that bio cannon is basically anti tank weapon, but it's a little too effective. I mean it does more then he cannon if it's an indirect hit, that's kinda bad in my opinion.

Yeah there's messing with damage and cycle times, but I think it just needs to be a direct hit weapon to actually hurt someone.

12. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

I have to disagree here... I think it's fine. The bio damage isn't that much to be honest.

Yes it does more than he cannon if it's indirect... However he cannon hurts infantry far more... Perhaps buffing the explosive power of he cannon slightly (not direct hit damage) would compensate for this.

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I heard several people saying "Bio CN is OP" "Bio CN is shit".

But no really, I tried it myself, it's really not OP, in fact I intentionally dropped its base stats before I submitted it, because creating a new OP weapon is 250 times worse than creating a new shit weapon.

Bio cannon is ridiculously bad at siegeing.(I am not sure if anyone noticed this but I am telling you now.)
    About 1/3 of its damage comes from Bio DoT, which doesn't affect building at all.

I plan to increase its heat generation next patch and that's all.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  14. Lazybum

People just don't know how to abuse it for all it's worth. Don't worry though, professor lazybum is here to educate y'all on the supremely effective bio cannon. I mean in game, some one said it and they were right, the only way to get a change is to go out of your way to make everyone as miserable as possible.

I fully understand that's it's not good against buildings, at least it's not supposed to be. You need to adjust building resists maybe though, it does more damage to buildings then he cannon. That's why I said as a dedicated tank killer it's a good idea, but I think it should be a direct hit. Just like with bio ml the strength of it lies in being able to hit the side of the tank the opponent is defending. Thanks to that really low cycle time you can put pressure on 2 sides if you wanted to maximize that bio damage. It's fine if it can do that, it's basically the only cannon that can, but it needs to be a direct hit.