Recycling should award points

Discussion in 'Implemented' started by Xyaminou, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

This is not a suggestion, it should be put in game for 2.10. Recycling must give points.

Everything in this game gives points but when you spend 2 minutes recycling a heavy you gain 0 points.

BlackRedDead, Neoony and VulcanStorm like this.
  2. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Agreed. How much though... 1 pt per 200?...

This would encourage players to not dump tanks in the enemy as much, as both points and res would be gained

3. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for your suggestion. 2.10 is frozen at this moment so we'll consider it for 2.11.

4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Same as building or healing, but counted on a different meter.

5. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

It not like nothing is gained for the team recycling a heavy...

And while we're at it a single gren can do a ton of damage to high health buildings and gain 0 points while the engineer repairing it gets points.

Could also even say a rifle man shouldn't get a point shooting a revived player, maybe an engineers should get none for reviving a player who's already been revived once for their current life.

You have to remember points get you the extra skill ranks, and wages so giving em away too much messes with game balance.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I feel like I'm misremembering, I coulda sworn that recycling gave repair points. I know it's not repairing but it counts it the same way, so you are getting points from recycling.

Or at least it did at some point.

7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Giving them away too much? Dude have you never played the game? have you seen how fast a rifleman can get to 60 points? Believe me gaining extra points for recycling a tank will not even be a factor you want to consider.
    I have seen games where players had 200 points after 10-15 minutes.
    Hell if you have a good squad you gain so squad points you can just spam skills.
    So please, if you're against the idea, find a better argument.

I don't remember it ever giving points, but that's just my memory. However I can guarantee it currently does not give any points.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I would like to say I don't think it should give wages, I mean you are getting res from it anyway. To everyone who doesn't know though, all wages you get are specified in a script, so it's easy to make certain things give more or less. It's just right now you basically get 20 points for everything except like 2 things(can't remember what).

9. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

You know what, I actually forgot about wages, it's such an absurd concept to me that I keep forgetting every points give wages. So yeah... no wages for recycling.

10. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

ah you mean carcass recycling - was curious why building recycling should give points xD - would be a thing to abuse!^^
    btw, building without engineer tool (if you are another infantry class) gives no points too :-(
    they should just gain the same points (1) for the amount builded (100) - just takes much longer :P

11. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

E-building is already bad enough, don't want to give points for it. If you want everyone to be able to build and gain points for it support my suggestion to add calculator for all classes.

12. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

lol... that suggestion would break the game! xP
    no, the issue is that other classes can already build/repair but at a resonable much slower rate - but get absolutly no points for it!
    (wich is quite unfair because if theres just no engineer nearby and also no rax to change class but also no thread nearby - then you can help building outposts instead stupidly running around! - should just get rewarded like engineers too - at the normal 1p for 100hp rate, so you just need more time without being enginner - just simliar to the comparence between engineer with and w/o repair upgrade!)

13. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

How would it break the game? and no that's not an issue because E-build is completely stupid and doesn't belong in Empires.

Anyway that discussion doesn't belong in this thread.

14. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

now that 2.10 is out can we get this in 2.11? has this been considered? can we put this in the right section of the forum?

15. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Shouldn't be difficult to add since we already use this system for building. I'm not going to say it'll be in 2.11 just yet because I haven't looked into it at all.

Edit: Worked on this last night. I have it working but unsure what to set the goal as. I can set it by resources awarded to the team or by calculator charge used. Currently I have it set to award 1 point per 200 res which seems ok. Discuss.. :)

16. Avatarix

Yeah, I was wondering about this today and you made it just like it could be working.
    It might give even more than 3 points on single heavy so it may be too rewarding, but recycling when heavies are inbound is pretty damn risky.
    And getting points per charge used might be actually op (spawn jeeps in the water, rec and get easy points) but not many people recycle in early game and it's not worth it in the fights.
    So I think that we should make it res based so it would award these suicide engineers with balls made of steel.

17. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

The real question being, do you want it to scale according to how much resources you get out of the recycling? (because the more the original tank costs, the more resources you get from recycling, and the more you recycle per 1 point of calculator) OR, do you want it to be a constant?
    Something to keep in mind, right now recycling is broken for certain vehicles, such as jeeps which give up to 64 resources with repair upgrade for a 30 (or 35) res jeep. It is therefore going to be subjected to a rebalance. which will change how many points you get.
    I personally don't think the amount of points you get for recycling should depend on the balance of resources you get for recycling. What if tomorrow people decide that recycling gives too much resources and halve it? You would effectively end up getting half the points you used to get, for the same amount of calculator.

TL;DR: In my opinion it should work like repairing.

18. Smithy

Actually I fixed this in the process, I'm just that good. ;)

You're probably right that it should work from calc charge. Also jeeps recycle 100% of their cost right now. I think that should change.

19. Avatarix

So this means Repair Upgrade won't help will be actaully bad for recycling? ;-;
    [nvm, this thought is dumb]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  20. Smithy

You misunderstand. Repair upgrade is unchanged. It was giving more resources than indended, which i fixed. It should never return more than the original cost of the vehicle. Repair upgrade doubles the speed of recycling. That is the only benefit repair upgrade gives to recycle.

Edit: Changes are now live on beta branch for testing. I've fixed the problem causing double resources to be given and recycle will now earn points.
    It works the same way as repair/deconstruct; in that repair upgrade cuts the goal in half.
    Points are awarded every 150 engineer charge used. (Or 75 with repair upgrade) - Needs testing to find a good value. If my maths are correct it currently ranges from 0.27 points for recycling a jeep to 1.6 points for a heavy/arty.

I've had to adjust script values after fixing the double return bug, since it would be a major change. Recycle is getting some-what of a nerf; but at the same time, players will be awarded points (which lead to squad points.)
    I've adjusted the carcass health values too, meaning it takes less time to recycle the full carcass. This is for a few reasons:
    More points -> faster skill unlocks & more potential squad points.
    Resources gained are lower, so it should recycle faster.
    Players points are awarded from engineer charge, the less health the carcass has the less points are received. - A heavy would have awarded 2 points using the new system, which is a little high.

See changes below:

21. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i know its not truely fitting to the point, but does ebuild/erepair award points? if it does not, i think it should - isnt the whole idea behind points for building and thelike that those who are taking the chores get rewarded aswell? ultimatively staring at rather low resolution texture is not very fun - a bit of instant gratificiation would at least be nice.
    i hope you can overlook my little slightly offtopic interjection and still consider it at least - i already opened a thread concerning this years ago, if you want i can bump it instead. ;)

22. Avatarix

Well, for me the easiest fix for that would be so these points be shared for all classes.