Map drop thread - gotta save them all version

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Avatarix, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Avatarix

a

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

idk, give me a list to compare!
    (search all available maps together and then give me the list)

batch code for a simple filelist:
    dir /b > list.txt

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  3. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

4. Caelo

Caelo Member

Actually, using BSPSource gives pretty good results. Sometimes you can decompile, compile and have a working map without any problem, like District. Seeing as Empires maps normally are aren't very complicated I'd be surprised if you'd need to do more than an hour worth of touch ups to get a decent version again.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

any map i decompiled so far ended up with degenerate brushes. its mainly disps posing a problem.
    but i might have made mistakes, i didnt try much.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I can't really be bothered going through all my archives because there's just way too many, I'd have to extract parts of like 4 separate 5gb archives. If you find a map you want to look at but have no download, give me a shout. Chances are I'll have it somewhere.

I did lose my original 2.12 install though, so I have some gaps (some shitmap called emp_desolation comes to mind), but the rest is probably there. I also hosted that 2.12 pug a few years ago and managed to regain some old maps I'd lost such as Sinking, Old loop shadows, midbridge B2 and Caldera. As far as I know though these maps won't function on the current Empires version or anything since we swapped to Orange Box / SDK Base 2007.

I don't know for certain but I'm fairly sure Decompiling had some breakthroughs a couple of years ago and is much more reliable now.

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Do you have the jeep map lordz made where we did the summer league on ?
    Also the other jeep map someone made which was kinda spacy. Some old dutch fart made it. He had a cat as avatar I think

8. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

How about the map with the nuclear reactor in the center of the map on an island surrounded by water, with BE in the north and NF in the south that had infantry combat for the 2 cooling towers in the center? I believe you could go inside and fight as well.

9. Avatarix

well, now as i updated the coded part can you take a look and try to find any of these maps (most recent version as possivle)

Also, I got idea of making nice torrent with all newest maps for Empires so we could all hold them in one place.

10. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

11. Trickster

You'll need to be more specific than that. I have a Jeep map that Blight (dutch, had some creature as his avatar) did, but it was more industrial styled than anything, not spacey at all. It also wasn't properly set up so it really only worked with like 4-8 people actually cooperating and chatting, as there wasn't an actual setup for it, just some VFs. I don't have the 20 separate versions of minigames that Dz did either, though I have a few. He's still around though so I'm sure he has them.

I'm not 100% sure but that sounds like it might be Caldera. I'm surprised if you remember that because it only got played like 3-4 times or something back in 2.12. It didn't have water around the centre. I dug out the minimap and converted it to an image.

[​IMG]

Does this look familiar?

Or maybe you're talking about emp_research, I'm not sure.

12. Trickster

I don't have the original Badlands, nor did I ever play it. I know Arklansman remade it in a snow setting but then weirdly enough, the original creator turned up and asked ScardyBob to remove the map from existence, no idea why.

EDIT:

http://pastebin.com/ZwL7Dg6N

This is a combined minimap folder from all the backups I could find. They're mostly from between 2.22 and 2.31 (pre-Steam) but there are a few other installs from after and some shit from before as well. I do have some maps that aren't on this list but I'll have to work out where they are as they're probably scattered around loose on my archive drive rather than in actual backed up Empires installs.

I need to make it clear that I am not willing to go to the hassle of uploading all these. To do that would need me to reconstitute the folder layouts for every single map which will especially be a nightmare if there are custom textures. It would literally take me days of working nonstop. If people want something specific though then I'm willing to get it.

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I found the map creater, it was SIP. He made this jeep map that had a spacey feel to it , as in outerspace.

14. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

It's not research and, while I do remember that map, it is sadly not the one. The map I am thinking of was extremely green, lots of grass except for the center. It didn't have bases for the coms, they just resided kind of out in the open.

I really want to find this map now. I remember having to take the cooling towers and it was so much fun.

Edit: @Trickster last city? What's that look like? I kind of remember a map called that but I forgot the minimap.

15. Trickster

I'm trying my best to work out what map you're talking about but unfortunately I'm drawing a blank. I'll upload the minimap folder so people can browse through. You'll need to download VTFEdit in order to view the minimap files. My internet is pretty slow so the upload prolly won't be done until tomorrow.

Lastcity is a pretty shitty map. It's one of the ones ScardyBob ressurrected from 2.12. It's just a city to be honest but without anything enterable, so it's basically just some roads with buildings each side of them. It's legitimately one of the poorer maps produced for Empires.

16. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Thanks for trying to help, when I get home I'll start digging. I need find it. It was kind of a shitty low pop map if I recall, had lots of green hills kind of like moors and a reactor in the center. If I recall two large cooling towers, a pipe you could walk on, but not in like research, connecting it into the side of the hill, and a red light at the top of a staircase. I played this map like, 3 times only but I had fun everytime I played it and is one of the few maps I remember.

Coms were surrounded by green hills ,I believe be on north side,Nf on south. There I believe was one route for tanks to take and it was a low red low ref count map.

17. Caelo

Caelo Member

wait! Someone still has cw_gorge? As far as I know it is the only map specially made for less than 8 players. With an optimal player count of 2 vs 2.

18. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

I recall playing it. So probably have a copy... A dark map, set at night?

19. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

What is the list in the OP? Maps that are lost or maps that aren't lost?

20. Avatarix

maps, that I can't find anywhere in the web