What clan for today is not dead?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Avatarix, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Avatarix

s

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

There are no clans because there are not enough people interested in Empires. All they want to do nowadays is fuck around.

3. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

Join my Parliament of owls

4. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

there's BSP... the clan I'm part of. But idk how many of them play regularly.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

BSP is like meg, but worse

6. Avatarix

yeah, how many of them play regularly
    because most of the players in clans just come at pugs/whine that there's no pugs

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

people who make clans are assholes who would rather steal members than foster competitiveness among each other

thats why theres no clans

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

So you're saying we need nicer people to be clan leaders. Quick, who are the nicest people who can lead a clan?

9. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Clans seem like a mechanism for exploiting and rushing, rather than good game play. It's easy to rush and kill the com, or destroy critical points or setup a base behind the com. It's not as easy to play well within a squad and benefit the push of five members.

I think you should form SQUADS and be part of a fun movement that Destroyer is starting with SquadPlay. Instead of having a full clan and team vs team, benefit any team you join - including a nub team with good squad play. Given the current population of this game, it's also more appropriate.

vipervicki likes this.
  10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Have you ever played in a real clan match?

11. Paradox

You know the answer to that question.

LordDz_2 likes this.
  12. Avatarix

Well, experiences of clan battles may vary, but clans use this strategy because with that coordination you can execute it really fast and successfully.
    And setting our limits to just five people is pretty limiting, don't you think? And the squadplay of Destroyer always is full, so I don't think it helps with communication between players that much, since there are no more small organized groups like that.
    Well, I did play in scrim between probably BSID and JKF (with KXIC on BSID side or something like that) and it was like two months ago. So yeah, I did.

13. Caelo

Caelo Member

*looks at avatar... "nah, it's dead"

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

5 years later-> nice crown you got there.

15. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I guess I could run a counter squad to ddd's some times. I'm not as good as a squad lead but I could certainly direct people into what they should be doing.

16. Paradox

It's pretty funny how I get banned by destroyer for stacking/dodging when he stacks constantly himself when zoom is on. Fucking lol.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You want a person who is : not as asshole , has leadership skills and also is insane enough to play empires.
    I dont think such a person exists.

vipervicki likes this.
  18. Avatarix

So will we start forming stax brigades, antistax brigades, antiantistax brigades, antianitni.... and so on?
    might be pretty fun, and it might be interesting how far can we go
    a8c.jpg

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Idk if that's aimed at EPIC (given I heard you call me out on that before) but we picked up the vast majority of our members in the first 2-3 years of existing. Our last few members we took on were like 1 per 6 months or something and they were mostly people requesting to join us. I can't force people to join other teams, even though I did send borderline people to other clans to get experience sometimes.

Yeah not to be a dick but that just sounds like a pug to me, not a proper scrim. There haven't been proper scrims in years. Even the last few scrims EPIC did were vs teams with several groups combined, so it kinda felt like we were the only ones actually playing the scrim while they were playing a pug (hence they got steamrolled). Last genuinely proper scrims between 2 moderately active teams were probably between EPIC and Consortium like 5 years ago, and even then EPIC's activity was starting to wane at that point.

The problem has never been about clans "poaching" players or anything like that. The fact is, the game only really needs 2 active clans who are capable of scrimming eachother. In the entire time EPIC was around, and even long after we weren't actively playing Empires, literally 100% of proper scrims still had EPIC as one of the sides. No other 2 clans properly scrimmed eachother with a full 16+ side during the 5 years EPIC actively participated in scrimming. The problem is that even though only 2 teams are required, there has never been any player except myself and FN who can actually lead a clan. I don't mean just sitting in the CV, or even leading during the game. I mean being in charge of the clan, which means recruiting people, constantly encouraging your members to play and hounding them to show up to scrims, organising practices or playing in pubs against eachother in order to improve. And even after that, it's about debriefing after the game, going through every single player that participated on your side and giving him an appraisal while thanking him for showing up. There's a shit tonne of other stuff that you need to do as well, it requires serious time and dedication if you want to be successful.

And therein lies the problem. Not only has there been no-one with the right attitude to do something similar, but there's no-one with the time either. Finding one person willing to put the time in is hard enough, finding 2 seems impossible. It's a huge commitment and I don't really blame people for not wanting to take it on.

Neoony and Xyaminou like this.
  20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Everyone wanna play scrims but ain't nobody wanna play scrims. Y' feel me.