2.10.X script changes.

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by Sgt.Security, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Note 1 : It's just copy&paste because I already posted them(in 2 different posts).

Note 2 : This IS final.

Readding 2-slot Plasma CN to increase people's love & interest for Plasma.

Also, 2-slot & 3-slot Plasma CN now have seperate researches.
    "Plasma Cannon Projectile" -> "Advanced Plasma Cannon Projectile".

Slightly improved damage to fit our "more powerful 3-slot weapon" policy.

Smaller explosion radius so it's less effective at rekting buildings/infantry.
    So weapon cost is more of a thing, also enlarging the gap between 2-slot and 3-slot weapons.

A little nerf for our #1 infantry/building eraser.
    Here's your vehicle speed drop.
    Excluding 3-phase so its specialty is more of a thing now.
    Don't have to explain, I'd like to see coolant + Capacitive.
    For reference, HEMG has a projectile spread of 0.025
    HEMG deals roughly 25% more damage but the damage is less guaranteed than DUMG now.

It feels wonderful to see that tactical arty is now a thing, people no longer use ranged only(for enemy main).
    So this would probably be my last buff for 180mm&203mm arty.

People tend to use 203mm over 180mm like every single time. I only saw 180mm used like 2 times.
    Not your fault because 203mm and its 375 damage is too attractive.

Now, 180mm has much higher DPS and slightly longer range.

Bio cannon.
    I expect mediums and NF heavy to use this.

I would like Bio ML to be a little less hostile against infantry.
    It shouldn't be : Boom, you are dead.

Other than that, I'd like Bio ML to be a little more "intense" against vehicle.
    I think intense weapons will speed up our vehicle combat interestingly.

Don't have to explain this. But I really don't want to go any further.
    Lower guaranteed DPS will make our vehicle combat even more sluggish.

For reference, SMG1 has 1.4.
    Courtesy of Lamer.
    A slight nerf for BEAR.

I don't think BEAR is OP, it's strong but it has an obvious weak point (20 clipsize).

Make it look less stupid.
    I don't think medium tanks are very imbalanced, but I feel that NF medium tank has a very slight advantage.

Rework part 2, slight buff for SMG3.

Falloff works all the time, so this is buffing SMG3's overall damage output.
    So max ammo would be a multiple of clip size.
    Same as above.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'd still love it if smg3 was just pistol 1, but with a bigger mag.

3. Avatarix

that HEMG change is so big...
    also smg3 actually feels pretty nice and we may start using this in CQC or hallways

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

its annoying how little posts these topics get but when the changes are added everyone flips out like they were not given any heads up

i have an issue with the 3 slot idea you are thinking about. wouldnt added 3 slot versions of each weapon just make people want to rush heavies again, and ignore mediums (to an even greater extent than before)? i know personally if i could get a more powerful version of he or ranged for heavies i would only go for heavies and skip mediums

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

That's an interesting point, I have to say.

I'll do something about that before flooding in 3-slot weapons.

6. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Just make the price crazy high so people can rush heavies but can't spam them.

More mediums vs strong but fewer heavies

7. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Is this the place to suggest stuff for next version?

Can you revert sticky rifleman grenades back to 150dmg please?

The reason being, is that they 1 shot a basic light tank. No upgraded armour.

I know if you are close enough to a rifleman to get stickied, then you're doing it wrong. But this happened to me yesterday on streets of fire, this I feel makes it hard to use NF in a city-fight situation as pushing forward with tanks is not an option very early on. When it should be.

The effect is most apparent early game for both teams, where a bad start can cause a loss overall as tanks do not have the upgraded armour required to handle a sticky grenade.

Edit:
    @Sgt.Security I feel current stickies are balanced for late-game play, making them grossly overpowered early game. Perhaps adding research to upgrade stickies(and RPGs!)would be good. Dump it in chemistry. Then stickies and RPGs can start with enough dmg to be effective early game, and be able to increase damage for late game.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  8. Lazybum

It's gonna be the next compo, where everyone complains about bankrupting the team because a few new players lose all the resources in about 20 seconds. Yeah, no. Not without some way for commanders to lock chassis, heavies shouldn't ever be more expensive then they are now. They also shouldn't be more powerful at current prices, but whatever.

9. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Thanks to inflation heavies have literally never been cheaper. If you're going to say that "oh but some dumb pubbers will ruin things" then you might as well apply that to everything else and remove scouts, jeeps and APCs hey. Balance for the pugs, not the pubs.

10. Lazybum

Would you rather "some dumb old vets"? It doesn't matter, you are making a heavy cost at least 3 times as much as a med assuming you bump up the cost to 2k. Then we have, "well obviously we bump it's strength to justify cost". That's a shit idea too, because empires has a big problem with going a little too far kills all the fun. We make stronger heavies and now not just bases go down even faster but meds have no chance, at the moment meds put up a decent fight if the tank driver is good but they can't survive long enough if a heavy blows them up in 5 seconds. "It's a heavy, it's suppose to end games", doesn't work either because heavies can be rushed in 22 minutes, 22 minutes is not end game at all.

Of course security wants to put 3rd tier weapons in it's own thing pass the 2 slot version, but so what that's just another minute or 2, so heavies come fully loaded at the 24 minute mark instead. The only decent solution to make heavies not the mid game killer is to either increase the research time to like 2-3 times it's current form or bring back research costs which isn't happening because mr. security says that kills comebacks.

Which brings me to the last point, if heavies become not just expensive but even stronger then that will also kill any chance for a comeback even if research stays the same. Why you may ask? They can't afford the bloody things, no one makes that much in wages in the course of a game unless they never buy a vehicle, and chances are they really should be buying light tanks or even bring up an apc if they really want to win. Losing also means no refs, so there isn't much of a team res pool to pull tanks from either.

We have better solutions to too many tanks and tank combat being awful. Reducing res would be much better, it kills inflation without upsetting balance of number of tanks vs quality of tanks. The other solution to help tank combat awful is to simply reduce the hp of all armors by some amount, I recommend 5 hp to start with. Why that you ask compared to all the other solutions? At the moment research balance is really good honestly, it truly is a case of getting something because it fits that situation better then others. The problem is while everything has been buffed in one way or another the actual damage for most things, nearly all infantry weapons and like 90% of tank weapons, hasn't changed at all. There's a decent reason as to why, changing that also changes how fast buildings go down which honestly isn't good, that's also something that's rather fine at the moment. So if damage is consistent and all armors are nicely balanced against each other the most sensible thing is to reduce their hp, so things can actually die which is why tank combat takes forever, we have too many tanks because nothing is dying and getting replaced, and all that other stuff.

11. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I like the vehicle speed nerf. Not so much about about the nerf to HE Cannon. HE cannon is made to have a large explosive radius.

Also the bio cannon is useless. The Bio ML outclasses it.

12. Ωmega

Ωmega Member

Can we fix the Shotgun melee speed bug, it swings significantly slower than other weapons and is really annoying when going for a full close range primary setup.

13. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

Not a bug, they were introduced with the intention of being slower. To be clear, I'm not saying I agree that they should be slower; I'm just stating that this was intentional.