Emp_massacred_rc1 (slaughtered remake)

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Varbles, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

[​IMG]

Minimap is the same as the beta, but there are a few minor additions. Most importantly, the tunnels are locked until there are 16 players on the ground, so the map will have a different flow with high and low populations. Baseline res output is reduced a bit but there is additional increase at 16 players, too. The dark insides of the tunnels are lit a little more evenly and NF get a little defensive balcony on the down slope. There are buildable dragon's teeth around middle, and it's not possible to cross north/south ways without actually building the bridge.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2644783/maps/emp_massacred_rc1.7z

I've had some odd problems with my laptop's power supply recently so here's the source for the map in case I go dark and something needs fixing:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2644783/maps/emp_massacred_vmf.7z

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Neoony, Ranger, BlackRedDead and 2 others like this.
  2. Silk

Silk Mapper

It took me untill your remake to realize slaughtered is a beach landing map ...
    Can't wait to see it live in a few days

Also new fortification models? nice! Shit's getting done these days it seems, what changed?

Neoony likes this.
  3. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

can we finaly get rid of slaughtered then? :gasmask:

btw, please test the nominate and voting system, seems bugged to me!
    the !nominate is best tested at high pop's, while the !rtv reveals his buggy behavior if you are alone at the server ;-)
    if ~7ppl make some test runs (~5) and document the results we should get some data very fast :)
    please post results at the [VIPER/NUBS] Empires Server steamgroup, because it's a server plugin! ;-)

4. Ranger

Ranger Member

Why get rid of slaughtered? I would like to see slaughtered with new displacement work and textures like in massacred, just to make it more eye candy.

5. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

because it's a shit map?! - 2 chokepoints that also benefiet BE if they breach them while NF need to fight at 2 fronts -.-
    the map is just not finished - even canyon looks much better but is also not really worth called finished! - there are plenty of critics i already stated somewhere but anyway - wrong thread!
    (maybe i should just search the threads of them, state the crittics there and then just link my posts everytime someone REALLY is that blind and needs them xP - but yea, i don't hate them because they are such shit, i hate them because some morrons vote them EVERY freaking day -.-#
    especially at large playercounts where are much better maps available! - slaughtered and canyon are designed for medium pop up to 16vs16!
    and it makes just no fun with more players on that maps because that result in massive tank pulks that clutter at the choke points and theres no real gameplay anymore, just push&shot and at slaughtered often no chance to retreat for repair and supply because you teammates stack and just push! -.-#)
    - enough? xP
    (theire exist no official thread about canyon/slaughtered!)

massacre finaly remove that asynch behavior and give both teams alternative routes to fight on! :)
    i just miss the buildable towers a bit, and the missing bridge in the middle, but you can't have everything! :)
    (the thing is that you can exploit the bridge now - but need to take a look again to describe how - long ago that we had a match on that map :-( )

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  6. Ranger

Ranger Member

wut?

7. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

As much as I express disdain for slaughtered, It is a good map.

Here we go again with BRD spouting off his opinion and stating it as a fact, only in this case he is wrong. Wait, he is wrong every time.

BRD, the WHOLE POINT of slaughtered is 2 chokepoints. Hence the name "Slaughtered", because it usually turns into a slaughter. It goes both ways for NF and BE, NF can easily rush BE and BE can easily rush NF, there are always 2 fronts but most commanders simply use one front because they heavily fortify the other one. Shows how much you play this game.

The map is finished, it was a map made early on... you must not remember playing it years ago because you probably weren't here, but here you are telling us that it is bad. There may be critics, but you can find at least half the community hating a map that half the community likes. Look at Octagons, some vets HATE that map but others LOVE the map. You can't say because people also hate it that it needs to be removed, because then we would be stuck playing Cyclopean 24/7, or no maps at all.

Slaughtered I would say is best at high pops, it leads to long drawn out games where skill takes priority over anything else. It is fun to siege an enemy, it is fun to hold the line, and it is fun to make use of everything the best you can. The whole point of slaughtered is for it to be a slaughter, you aren't suppose to be able to retreat (Though, lots of games you can successfully do that).

Please, rethink your post and think through future posts before posting.

Avatarix, LordDz_2 and Xyaminou like this.
  8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Slaughtered is very basically a 2 choke map, but both of those chokes are fucking rubbish.
    One isn't really balanced at any point in the game and neither allow for a decent mix of infantry and vehicular combat.

I don't mind playing it but it is definitely not the pinnacle of gameplay.
    It is a good map to practise the basics of commanding and simple squad/team coordination as everything moves so slowly.
    5/10

Massacred is an entirely different map, but ultimately better.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  9. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I'm not arguing for one or the other, I am arguing the fact that BRD doesn't know what he's talking about. It's a good map, it has its own gameplay like every other map out there.

Again, it is your opinion it is rubbish, lots of people love slaughtered and it is unfair and stupid to say that it is rubbish just because you think it is. Personally, while I hate how often we play slaughtered, I do like it. Why? Because it leads to fun sieges.

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Ok well... In my humble opinion:

Both Choke points are trash & just because lots of people love it (I think really they love it's consistent game play) doesn't make it any less bad. People love district.
    People are idiots.

I don't hate it, but it is always same old same old - you either rush and stomp or spend 60+ minutes dying in a 100mx15m canyon. Always gets voted when there are too many people on the server too.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I'd agree, it is voted on way too much. However, I think the chokes are very flexible if played right. Held up in S bend? Push bridge. Itll take pressure off S bend and then you can force your way through.

12. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Ironically I think slaughtered is better at lower pop, because it's not an endless stream of tanks with more chances for a team to get through to one side.

BACK ON TOPIC. I'm kinda glad you made it so you have to build the bridge to cross mid from north to south, I only ever see people awkwardly navigate it or fall in a funky position in the middle below.

13. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

...or exploit it (the bridge, better said the place in the middle) somehow to get from the east/west to north/south - just don't ask me how - can't remember, just that it was relative simple so that the whole team could exploit it!

why exploit? - because they don't need to use the bridge!

district is a total different case, also it's not that chokepoint heavy - use the sewers! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
  14. Varbles

My original intent was for jeeps/APCs to be able to drive around some of the rubble to cross north-south slowly, but not heavies or mediums. It didn't really work so now there's no easy way across without the bridge. You can still always just drive right into the pit and head east or west if you want, though.

This version will play just like classic slaughtered when there's 8 people or less per team, except res and tickets are lower and BE start in the southeast instead of west.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  15. Varbles

Bump because this is ready for rotation.

16. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

you probably should message creeper directly, I don't know if he still reads the forums.

17. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

maybe @TheCreeper should replace slaughtered with massacre then! ;-)